-->

Stupid Stupid Boys

marko
December 13th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I'm NOT like this guy.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2077360/beware_of_the_doghouse_hilarious/

aslan
December 13th, 2008, 09:50 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: jewelry always remember jewelry..

Love4himies
December 13th, 2008, 10:02 AM
:laughing::laughing:

14+kitties
December 13th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Mmmm, I could use a new "vaccuum" too! :rolleyes:

otter
December 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I don't know :shrug:... I like vacuums, as long as the person giving it too me promises to use it once in a while :D

Marko.... we all know you are a thoughtful guy. If you end up "in the doghouse" it's probably only to keep a sad doggy company :angel:

marko
December 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for that otter!

But I do come from a man that spent some time in the doghouse....so I have to be really careful.

My dad bought my mum a pink toilet seat as an anniversary gift one year.

totallyhip
December 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I love that commercial its so funny! My DH said that he would be lucky to be in the dog house because our dogs have it great :thumbs up They have a whole bedroom to themselves with a Queen sized bed filled with tons of stuffed toys! And a big warm comfy cozy comforter :laughing:
I told him that he is treading on thin ice :rolleyes:

otter
December 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Ooooooooooops!

zomo
December 13th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Ok you want to hear a real joke ? I bought my husband a Dyson for his birthday lol I find this hilarious but not sure he did. He does use it sometimes and he raves about how good it is lol Thats a man for you !
Very entertaining commercial :mwaha:

Maybe its just payback for taking me to McDonalds for Mother's Day breakfast :laughing:

luckypenny
December 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM

:eek:

:laugh:

Between the wilted flowers bought at the corner store, socks, and a heating/massage pad (that he put in his truck :rolleyes:) I've gotten as gifts, dh would receive consecutive life sentences of towel folding :D.

ancientgirl
December 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
LOL, I love the woman with the thigh master laughing and saying "I'm married to you."

BenMax
December 16th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Don't laugh everyone. XDH bought me a new iron for a birthday gift. Hence 'XDH'.

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I once got a new toaster for Valentine's day.:frustrated:

The worst was the year he gave me nothing for my birthday. I had told him I needed clothes and he said that I should go shopping and buy a few nice things. But then on my birthday thre was nothing. I said "Not even a little soemthing to open?" And he said. "Well you're going shopping next week"

That was about 14 years ago. He's up for review next week.:laughing:

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I once got a new toaster for Valentine's day.:frustrated:

The worst was the year he gave me nothing for my birthday. I had told him I needed clothes and he said that I should go shopping and buy a few nice things. But then on my birthday thre was nothing. I said "Not even a little soemthing to open?" And he said. "Well you're going shopping next week"

That was about 14 years ago. He's up for review next week.:laughing:

Joeysmama - I would buy myself a gift and wrap it up (just in case). If you get nothing - get the gift and indulge yourself...make sure the gift is a real good one at that.

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 09:13 AM
LOL BenMax. One year I found my gifts, didn't like them and returned them a week before Christmas. I wrapped them up again and put them under the tree. He was so surprised on Christmas morning when the Isotoners he thought he bought turned out to be leather, fur lined gloves, and the chintzy watch was a pair of earrings.

Ah, the magic of Christmas !!:thumbs up

BenMax
December 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM
LOL BenMax. One year I found my gifts, didn't like them and returned them a week before Christmas. I wrapped them up again and put them under the tree. He was so surprised on Christmas morning when the Isotoners he thought he bought turned out to be leather, fur lined gloves, and the chintzy watch was a pair of earrings.

Ah, the magic of Christmas !!:thumbs up

:laughing: Good for you! Now that is thinking at it's best.:thumbs up

luckypenny
December 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
When I first replied to this thread, I was thinking how inconsiderate dh can be sometimes when it comes to gifts.

But I just remembered something that makes me feel really embarrassed for thinking that way :o. 4 1/2 years ago, I had just spent 72 hours in the hospital next to my dying father-in-law. Dh stayed at the country place with the boys as it we didn't have a car to travel back and forth. His dad passed away the day before my birthday. You can imagine how devastated we were...but he went to a "junk shop" (no stores as the area is remote) with our boys and they chose an old mug they thought I'd like. It only cost them 25 cents but it's the best gift I ever got. I can't imagine having to look for a gift if a beloved family member just passed :o.

So wilted flowers from a corner store, socks, and gifts taken back don't really bother me...it's the thought that counts. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to at least have someone who loves me the way he does :o (in his twisted sort of way :D).

joeysmama
December 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Good point LP. That's a very sweet man who can shop when he's just lost a parent.

My husband can be clueless about so many things but when I had cancer he suddenly developed the ability to cook, to know where the kids were at and figure out how to get them home. The man who can't remember a phone number and doesn't make a single call that's not for business had a slew of doctors on his speed dial and spoon fed me healthy dinners every single night.

He's a keeper for sure.

(But I still want him to pony up for Christmas. :laughing:)

JennieV
December 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Awesome vid! I absolutely loved it...yep, can relate..Got 4 winter tires once, for x-mas:yuck:...that same year he also did not get me ANYTHING for b-day, claiming that he didn't think about it, since his family never celebrated anything..Well, I re-trained him right there and then, I made him choose: celebrate or divorce!
Needless to say, he since has been very attentive. :laughing:

totallyhip
December 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I am sorry to say that I am one of the lucky ones:laughing: DH tries really hard at getting me nice and thoughtful gifts. So far so good. Hasn't made a mistake yet :thumbs up

Besides whatever I don't get I just go buy it using his credit card anyhow :lightbulb:

Rick C
December 24th, 2008, 08:37 AM
The headline reminded me of a very popular and controversial (really!!!) t-shirt that came up in America a couple of years ago:

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgst3241+boys-are-stupid-throw-rocks-at-them-boys-are-stupid-poster.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

glasslass
December 24th, 2008, 05:50 PM
For my birthday, my hubby gave me a beautiful card with a $100 bill in it - said he didn't know what to get me. I asked him to get my wall clock repaired and apply the $ towards it. HaHa - Repairs were over $300! Next time maybe he'll decide to do a little shopping!