Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Male Black cat

Ramses
December 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Ramses went missing on Oct.28,2008 from the 200 block of Boyne St. In Queensbourgh.He was being kept in over the Halloween holiday and jumped out a second story window. He is black with small white patches on his chest, underarms and between his back legs. he has green eyes the right pupil of which is Diamond shaped and does not dilate properly. He has a small tear in his left ear. He is very sketchy by nature and it was a very noisy firework night in our neighbourhood.He will be very scared and leary of strangers and may be injured from the jump out the window. Please contact me if you have found or seen him. Alive or Not, so that our family can have closure. We have had him & his brother since birth 8 yrs ago and we miss him very much. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Dollmeat/Animals/ramses.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Dollmeat/Animals/Icecream.jpg

debbiespagnolo
December 14th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Any news about your cat? I hope you find him. Post up flyers - thats what I'm doing. I also made flyers to go into people's mailboxes for my closest neighbours.
(I don't know how much pictures cost in your area but here in Montreal Quebec, it was cheaper to get 200 pictures processed for 19 cents each than colour photocopies for 49 cents each. - Just a tip if your short on cash like I was)
Another good tip I got was to look for your cat at night when its quiet and look for your cat in vets and animal shelters.
If you've already done all this, then great!
Good luck!

Ramses
December 15th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Thank you for your support.

I did put up flyers on all the post I could and along the walking trails along the river as we are surrounded on three sides. I also hand delivered flyers door to door about four blocks in each direction. One guy thought I was campaigning for the city elections!

I checked the shelter again about 3 days ago (breaks my heart to see all the lovely babies in there waiting for homes)

I call him every night around 9pm, for about 10 mins.

I don't know if I should be calling him while I'm out walking with the kids as I'm scared I may confuse him as to the direction of home. What do you guys think? will this confuse him?

Unfortunately his favorite treat is ice cream ( the bottom picture is his ice cream face, which includes mimicked lip licking and chewing sooo adorable!
Anyway how do you lure a cat with ice cream!

Thank you for your suggestions, keep them coming! I won't stop looking.

debbiespagnolo
December 18th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Hi Ramses,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
Last night I found my cat so I do NOT want you to give up.
I say you try calling him while walking with the kids, I don't think it would confuse him.

Keep checking the animal shelters regularly (I say every 3 days).
I got a tip the other day from the animal shelter near my house. In Montreal we get the "Puli -Sac" with flyers of specials from grocery stores. The shelter said that if you call them they will include in the bag a flyer of your missing cat. In my area it was 60$ (not bad since it would go to alot of houses). Maybe you have something like this in your area?

Another tip I used was to sprinkle my cats litter near my house so that he would smell it and come home.

I don't know which of these tips worked for me but last night my neighbour called saying she found him (I have given her a flyer in her mailbox) and it was him! He was missing for 2 weeks and is very skinny but alive.

Please don't lose hope - keep looking.
It seems like to me that cats act weird when they are hurt so I think YOU may have to find HIM. My cat seems hurt and acted weird all night.

Praying for you!
debbie

NoahGrey
December 18th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Rames, Like Debbie said, PLEASE do not give up. If you stop looking for him, that will be it. He will be given up on. I once pick up a stray cat at work. I scanned him when I got to the shelter. He was chipped. Lost and Found staff called, and it turns out that they lady was in total shock. Her cat went missing a year prior.

Debbie, I would take you cat to your vet and have him a do exam. Just to make sure. You never know what he got into while being outside. Also, if he has not eat in 2 weeks, he is probably very dehyrdated and might need some subQ's. Also since he probably has not eaten in 2 weeks, your food might make his stomach upset. He might have to be put on a special diet before he can start eating your food again.

ACO22

badger
December 18th, 2008, 10:51 AM
In Montreal we get the "Publi -Sac" with flyers of specials from grocery stores. The shelter said that if you call them they will include in the bag a flyer of your missing cat. In my area it was 60$ (not bad since it would go to alot of houses). Maybe you have something like this in your area?

Debbie, does this only apply to your neighbourhood? I would love to know more.

debbiespagnolo
December 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I live in Saint-Leonard, Montreal and we get the "Publi-Sac" at our door once a week. I can't think of the english term for it right now....and I have no clue if people in different boughours, provinces or states get them.
Where in MTL do you live?
The Montreal SPCA called me last night b4 my cat was found and gave me the number of the Montreal Publi-Sac and I was planning to call and use their services (1000 copies for 60$ I was told) but my cat showed up.

Other than that I don't have much info on "Publi-Sac" I guess you could google it - I can see they have a website but its french I think.

What I had done for my cat was I made 200 copies of his photo at Wal-Mart and I stuck them to flyers I had printed off my computer then I went to houses and put them in their mailbox. It was a long process and I did not get to alot of houses since I would have needed 100's more.

Ramses, don't give up. Your cat is waiting for you to find him. Keep putting out food and water everyday for him.

ACO22 - I'm going to call the vet now to make an appointment - Thanks!

bendyfoot
December 18th, 2008, 03:12 PM
"Ad-bags" in English I think?

Ramses
December 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Ohh I'm soo glad you found your cat! Congratulations (would that apply here? hehe)
Thanks for the support and info. I'll check it out to see if we have a version of the publi-sac