Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitty Rescued from Washer

luvsmallfurries
December 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
This just needs posting; not because it has a very happy ending but because it provides a warning that every pet owner needs to be reminded of.......

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=6d9d1370-6e3e-45a2-9af7-2fdf0a23056c

I'm personally a bit obsessed about keeping toilet seat lids down as well.....:laughing:

NoahGrey
December 12th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the article. Happy to hear that kitty recovered well.

ACO22

Longblades
December 12th, 2008, 03:31 PM
It's nice to have a happy ending. We had a similar story at our house. I went down to change my laundry from washer to dryer and there on the floor were wet kitten footprints on the carpet. The laundry room is below grade and all the washer water is pumped into a large tub. I guess he fell into the tub of hot water and managed to get himself out. Close call.

kathryn
December 14th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I always worry about that happening. I check the washer several times before turning on the water. I'm just so afraid one of my kittens is going to be playing in the laundry when I put it in the washer and me not noticing, or them just climbing in there themselves.

Another thing to wash out for is the dishwasher!! It smells like yummy foods and makes funny noises... a calling card for little munchkins!

Love4himies
December 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I missed this story.

That tells me that animals do become very attached to each other and to humans.