Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another PM raid

badger
December 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
There was a raid this morning on a puppymill south of Joliette, Quebec. 100+ small dogs living in a garage. They are already talking about criminal charges.

Love4himies
December 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
OMG :wall::wall: :sad: :mad:

badger
December 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
The woman drove away half an hour after the raid began (probably on the advice of a slick lawyer). I'd have had her in leg-irons and then a long, slow afternoon in the courthouse cells, waiting to be processed.
But hey, it's not as if she stole anything, or hit a human or bounced a cheque...

Rottielover
December 12th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Yup, the HSI has come in full force again to help...way to go guys....

14+kitties
December 12th, 2008, 07:25 PM
One more down. Hopefully it keeps happening!!

Frenchy
December 12th, 2008, 08:11 PM
woohooo MTL spca !!! :thumbs up

CClover
December 12th, 2008, 08:40 PM
:highfive: I'm gonna be available between Christmas and New Years Eve to help the SPCA if needed...
Another one bites the dust!

:thumbs up

erykah1310
December 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I'm confused, what is HSI? and was it them or the SPCA that did the seizure? Or is it the same thing?

Either way, glad to hear one more is out of buisness!
Keep up the good work Quebec!

badger
December 13th, 2008, 09:48 AM
HSI = International Humane Society. The SPCA director says they are so short of money for these raids - vet care, food, housing, etc. - that they have to turn to other groups for help. I believe there is another American group involved as well. Shame on the government for throwing their money away on groups that do nothing and not stepping up with more funding and more inspectors.

Frenchy
December 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Shame on the government for throwing their money away on groups that do nothing and not stepping up with more funding and more inspectors.

I hear you Badger, they get $400 000.00 per year , by our government , and get money from pet stores also :wall: but yet , aren't doing anything FOR the animals with this money :frustrated:

badger
December 13th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm in shock - $400,000 for what??? Sitting on their bums, protecting their own? Now that Mr. B is locked up - I mean locked out :laughing: - we should be raining letters on Charest to get this situation changed. Think of what the SPCA could do with that money - more inspectors, more education, more spay-and-neuter clinics, etc.
Money from pet stores? Can you say conflict of interest?

coppperbelle
December 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM
This most recent raid is hopefully going to make other puppy millers pay attention. They are gunning for you next!!!!!!!!!:loser:

TulipRoxy
December 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Here's a recent Gazette article about the raids.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/montreal/Dogs+suffering+from+neglect/1074170/story.html

chico2
December 15th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I knew I should not have read that article:cry:but a least they are safe now.
Kudos to Quebec for trying to lose the Puppy-Mill province of Canada name.:thumbs up
I am sure there are many more to go,but one at a time,I am hoping other millers get worried.
Now,if you could only get the justice-system to throw these evil beeings in jail,all wood be good:thumbs up