Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm going to get to be on TV for my shelter

kathryn
December 12th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I've very nervous though! It won't be live TV atleast :o

You guys all live in Canadia though so you won't know what I'm talking about :sad: but for anyone who maybe has Comcast digital cable, under the 'On Demand' thing they have a section for like, buying cars and community events. Well they have 'Pet Adoptions on Demand' where people can browse videos of adoptable pets. I'm going to have to sit there with the animals and give a description of each of them.

Every couple of weeks, Comcast comes out to local shelters and films animals up for adoption.

It's the perfect solution if you're not thrilled about making repeated trips to a shelter to look for the perfect pet.

The process is simple. If you have Comcast find pet adoptions on the menu, pick the closest shelter, select a species, and then watch personalized videos. It's a little like video dating with better results.

If you have Comcast, the on demand service for the pet adoptions is free.

Yep.. so that's all there is too it. Comcast will be out at my shelter Tuesday and me and hopefully Jennie will be there too.

Heh... wish me luck. I told them I'm only working with the kitties. Jennie can deal with the dogs LOL

Love4himies
December 12th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Good luck, ms movie star.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-228.gif

kathryn
December 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM
hehe... this is going to be so weird. I hope whatever cats I end up showing off behave!!!!

Love4himies
December 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM
hehe... this is going to be so weird. I hope whatever cats I end up showing off behave!!!!

You know they won't cause they are cats :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2008, 02:09 PM
That'll be exciting! :thumbs up We don't get cable anymore, though :sad: Good luck with the kitties!

Tundra_Queen
December 12th, 2008, 11:58 PM

That is kewl! Bring treats with u to help the cats behave. :D

Diamondsmum
December 13th, 2008, 12:07 AM
awwwww kathryn That is soooo cool!!

Good luck girl:highfive::goodvibes::fingerscr

kathryn
December 13th, 2008, 09:13 AM
One of the other girls said last time she did it one of the cats (a crazy torti that is evilll:evil:) bit her and she pretended like it didn't happen. Silly cat is still at the shelter (and still bites!). She even bit a potential adopter in the face recently!

I'll only take out nice kitties.

http://sms.petpoint.com/sms/photos/103/1c50853a-67f2-4420-ac5a-6ec14fbf950d.jpg

That dude right there is the best. His name is George and he was left outside our shelter in a box or whatever. He's awessomeee and I wish I could take him home.

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I just read this now.....how did it go? :goodvibes:

kathryn
December 17th, 2008, 05:49 PM
It was.. interesting! My friend Jennie wasn't able to make it so I had to deal with the smelly dogs :yuck: One dog burped on me, one drooled and another one got a bit 'frisky' with a stuffed toy we gave him :rolleyes: EMBARRASSING!

The one cat didn't get to go on TV because he was hissing and growling. My little buddy George was very good but got so camera shy and kept hiding his face under my arm!

I'll maybe try and record it with my camera once it is on TV and upload it on here.

Overall I was pretty embarrassed most of the time but they were pretty cool about it.