Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Its christmas time, but be careful for your pets!

Soter
December 12th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I just read today (and am now warning) this.....

For pets eyes!

Wrapping paper, tinsel and ribbon: can be fun to play with guys, but be careful of choking, especially on tinsel and some wrapping paper can have toxic print on it

Christmas ornaments: Broken baubles and bits of stuff lying around can hurt your feet and damage them very badly in some cases!

This is a very sad case I read about:
All you cats and kittens that love to climb, I read a very sad story of a kitten who had been brought home for christmas but climbed up the christmas tree, it fell over and the kitten was very badly hurt. She was taken to the vets but could not be saved. This was a story for last Christmas, but I am warning you adventrous felines for this Christmas:sad:

Be careful all you little pets
Who love to run and play
You never know you might get hurt
One unexpected day

Be safe! Soter

aslan
December 12th, 2008, 08:52 AM
We deliberately this year didn't put the bottom section of the tree on, we have the other 2/3's ontop of a table because of mr.bishop. Better safe than sorry.:thumbs up

Soter
December 13th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Great idea!

I currently only have two goldfish.... I wonder if they can climb trees?? :rolleyes:

I read in your signature that mr.bishop is a spaniel and OMG they are my ultimate favourite breed! What type (springer, cocker, english, welsh???)

totallyhip
December 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM
The bottom of our tree is bare too. Mind you my guys are taller and could do more damage if they wanted to. But their pretty good about leaving the tree alone:thumbs up

Here is a link to an old article written by CBC about keeping pets safe at Christmas:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2491655935#/topic.php?uid=2491655935&topic=6064

Oldie but a goodie. Most people don't even realize how scary it can be.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season! :lovestruck:

babymomma
December 14th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Lol.. Keely leaves the tree alone. Although she LOVES the tree skirt. She doesnt do anything to hurt it or to hurt herself but she thinks it was put there for her :rolleyes: (lol, Thats what its like to own a yorkie, everything seems to belongs to her.) She lays on it and Chews her toys on it. And she rolls around and rubs her face up against it..lol..

Soter
December 16th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Aaawww, cute! Any pictures Babymomma??

Ages ago I read in one of your posts (i think it was the 'buying presants for Christmas' thing, maybe) and you said you were 15 years old. I just turned 14! COOL!

Happy Christmas!