Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tenant Finds 6' Long Boa Constrictor Eating Pet's Food In His Kitchen

Diamondsmum
December 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Story here (http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_30014.aspx)

Tenant Finds 6' Long Boa Constrictor Eating Pet's Food In His Kitchen
Thursday December 11, 2008
CityNews.ca Staff
Imagine walking into your house and finding an unexpected guest staring down your cat.

Sound strange? It gets even weirder.

The guest in question was a six foot long boa constrictor that left a Collingwood homeowner in shock. The man walked into his kitchen on Wednesday afternoon and discovered the slithering serpent making a meal of his pet's cat food. But fortunately, he left the feline alone.

Or perhaps the snake simply didn't have time to get to the main course before the astonished resident scooped up his pet, got out of the room and called his landlord.

Both men spent several nervous minutes corralling the boa into a box and securing it, before calling police.

They removed the serpent from the home and took it to the OSPCA where experts could deal with it.

That part of the story is creepy enough but consider this: the creepy crawler may have been living in the house for as long as half a year without the Oak St. tenant even knowing it was there. It had been reported missing 6 months ago by a previous occupant who had moved away, forced to abandon the search for his companion when it disappeared.

It apparently had been living there with the newcomer all this time and he never knew it was there.

How does the man at the centre of this snake storm feel about his close encounter with the forked tongue bandit? Michael Serapio is in Collingwood and will bring you his reaction on CityNews at Five and Six.

OMG Id be freaked completly..:eek:

want4rain
December 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
i guess i woulda been just as thankful i had a cat to feed that kept it alive. coudl you imagine the smell if it starved to death a few months aftermoving in??

ew!!

good thing he was found!!

-ash

momsloopy
December 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
:yell: I would have screamed my head off and jumped on the counter and the cat would have had to resuce me:laughing:

That story gave me the willy 's!!!! I am just glad that everyone was ok!!

totallyhip
December 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Oh my god! I would have had a heart attack and probably need a change of pants! :eek:

BenMax
December 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Oh my god! I would have had a heart attack and probably need a change of pants! :eek:

:laughing:.

Personally I would have loved it if this serpant was at my place showing only the shoes of my ex in his mouth. Now that would be poetic justice!

Diamondsmum
December 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
LOL... BM Yup I 2nd that

chico2
December 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I am not really afraid of snakes,but seeing him in my kitchen,yeah I would have screamed:yell:
Poor snake,but at least he had food:laughing:I bet the kitty tried to tell the owner he's not getting any food