Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Homes for Foster Mom - Selling Skills or what!!!

Kai'smom
December 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Just an update on the pups. A couple who have been vetted with house calls, took the pups today. :D
The mange is looking a million times better and they are looking great. I am sad to see them go but i am sure they will be very happy.
They were only wanting one dog, but the two of them are so dependent on each other and when walking them, the one always waits for the other to catch up. As the couple both work i talked them into taking both as i truly feel they will be great company for each other throughout the day; and ultimately an occupied dog is a better behaved dog!
I think Freedom will be glad to have her mommy back. :lovestruck:
I will whisper to you that the one boy is a serial barker. :wall: He does not stop. He barks when he's in, he barks when he's out, he barks when you hold him, he barks when you put him down. He barks at the treat when you give it to him, he barks at you when you take it away. He barks at the trees, the bushes, the paving stones, the clouds .... you get the picture. Ive had calls from my neighbours (that i know) and one run in with one i didnt really know. I didnt tell the couple about his barking as i obviously wanted him homed. I have told the charity co-ordinator and she will do a follow up every month for six months, to check that they are coping. Im worried they wont handle him as he really does drive you to reach for the wine bottle!:laughing: not that i need any encouragement ;)

Love4himies
December 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
:eek: a barker, good thing they took two, I think it will be much better.

The hardest part of being a foster mom is saying goodbye :sad: I think we should get special update rights :D. :grouphug:

Blackdog22
December 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Congratz!
I hope they have a wonderful home.

fosterpat
December 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Congratulations Kais'mom on getting your puppies adopted!
I know it's not always easy finding proper owners.....but if I can offer a little advice, to ensure a long lasting adoption, please be honest about any quirks your foster pups/dogs have. The reason I say this, is because if this pup drives the new owners crazy or neighbour's complain, the pup will be returned and he will have to go thru another abandonment. If we are honest about the problems that some of our dogs/pups have. It will give you an idea if the prospective owners are willing to work with the problem or not.
Sometimes a little problem for some (like eating their poop), is a major problem for others.
I know the little one was probably driving you nuts, but maybe your rescue could have helped out with suggestions on training him to stop or transfer him to another foster.
Hopefully you'll get a much easier foster (s) the next time around!

Dog Dancer
December 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Kai'smom, I'm so glad the pups were doing better with the mange issues, and that they have found a home together. But I have to agree that it may have been better to let the folks know about the barking. Hopefully they live in a house not a condo/townhouse type situation where the noise would be more of an issue. But bless you for all you are doing to help these poor animals out. Kai would be so proud of you! I have a howler at home, so I can relate.