Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Almost There

Byrd
December 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I got a letter today from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking for the Right of Permanent Residence fee. I'm going to assume that this is good news!

The letter states "In order to conclude your relative's application abroad, a Right of Permannt Residence Fee is required". If I've read that right, I'm assuming it means that we are in the home stretch!!!

otter
December 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Woooooooooooooo HOOOOoooooooo!! :highfive:
I agree, sounds good :thumbs up

aslan
December 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Byrd that is exactly what it means, my friend just went through this process and you are sooooo close to the end now. yay for you ...

Byrd
December 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
YAY!!!

Go figure I booked a plane ticket last week to go back for a visit!! HAHA Well, at least I can transport some of his stuff back with me.

Tommysmom
December 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Congrats, Byrd! Yep, it means it's all over except the paperwork, LOL - so he's passed and soon you'll be lovebirds in the land of ice and snow:lovestruck:. I'm so excited and happy for both of you... and omg, your process was so much faster than ours, way to go!!!

Frenchy
December 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
wooooohooooo ! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM
How fantastic is that?! WooooooHooooooo!!

That's wonderful, Byrd! :grouphug:

TeriM
December 9th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Congrats and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get the final approval super quick :goodvibes::fingerscr:goodvibes:.

rainbow
December 9th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Congratulations Byrd :highfive: ....you must be on cloud nine. :cloud9:

Melinda
December 9th, 2008, 06:04 AM
wow!!! yep it sounds to me like he's almost home free! When they ask for money its usually a done deal, congrats to you both!

clm
December 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Isn't that great news. I'm so happy for you.

Cindy

Love4himies
December 9th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Great news, Byrd :thumbs up

Byrd
December 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone!

You know, I put off getting the plane ticket because I thought "what if I book and he gets the go ahead?" LOL I go ahead and book and look what happens. Well, one final hoo haa before he comes and our trips there are soley to visit family and friends.

onster
December 9th, 2008, 06:19 PM
WOHOOOO

Congrats byrd :thumbs up

lol maybe mohab can bring a kitty back with him now :D

Byrd
December 9th, 2008, 07:10 PM
HAHA I think there are going to be enough customs issues without a furry friend, there has to be an interview at the airport and everything. So, much to fear.

Dog Dancer
December 10th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Fear not Byrd! Congratulations to you both, like getting married all over again! Yay.

aslan
December 10th, 2008, 01:27 PM
oh byrd no worries, the couple i was talking about were unmarried, and gay males, if his partner got in you have no issues at all. it's just last minute stupid stuff now.

phoozles
December 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Congrats Byrd! That's great news!

onster
December 10th, 2008, 02:27 PM
lol yeah i was just kidding byrd,

So do u know when he can possibly come back then? could he possibly be takin the flight bk with u??? :goodvibes::goodvibes::fingerscr

Byrd
December 10th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'm sure hoping he can come back with me!!! That would be wonderful.... and easier for him too.

Frenchy
December 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM
:yell: I thought I was going to read :

he's here he's here !!!

:sad: