-->

Lost Cat

anita1972
December 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Street address: Claremont, Claremont, ON, M1X1M9 View map
Date Listed: 04-Dec-08

PLEASE Help Me Get Home. My name is “Chester” I was Lost
on Livingston Street,Claremont on Saturday, Nov. 29/08. I am
not an outside cat so I will be cold and scared...
If you see me or have found me, please call my mommy at
905-649-5777 or 416-706-897.

NoahGrey
December 8th, 2008, 10:57 AM
What a cutie. I would leave out Tuna or Salmon out. These foods have such strong oders. I would also leave out something that has your smell on it and something that has his as well. Talk to nieghbours, check under decks, sheds, etc.

Since he is an indoor cat, he is probably not far. The best times to look for him is in the early morning, early evening when it is more quite out.

Also since it is winter, I would leave out a carrier lined with a thick blanket over the outside of it, this will give him some type of shelter, till you can get it. Straw is a good bedding to lay in the carrier, since it retains heat.

I would also call your local spca/animal shelter and fill out a lost repost with them. Also bring in a picture, so they can attch it to the report. I would also go in every few days and look for your cat in their stray room.

Keep us posted.

ACO22

shirley1011
December 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Anita..What a sweet kitty. Where would the closest animal control be for Claremont? Have you checked the neighbouring farms in the area in case Chester has taken shelter there?

shirley1011
December 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Just had an email from Anita....Chester has been found. She said she set a racoon trap with food it it and he walked right in.... Way to go Chester!!!

NoahGrey
December 16th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the news. Looks like my salmon trick worked. Actually, I have had lots of success with this, and this is one of my recommendations that I tell when people have lost their cat.

Great to hear that Chester is back home.

ACO22

BenMax
December 16th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Thank Dawg! Good for Chester!

chico2
December 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I love these kind of threads with a happy ending,way to go Chester:thumbs up

Love4himies
December 16th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Thank goodness, I too love the "he/she is home again" threads :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
December 21st, 2008, 03:58 AM
That is great news! I'm so glad Chester is back home, I love happy endings!!

Debbie