Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help ! Is this the right size ???

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I went to the store to buy Chloe's winter gear. I bought a 16" , was too small , went back and got a 18" , now I wish it was a bit bigger , what do you think ?

If I go back for a 20" , it might be a tad too large for her ?

Spatx
December 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I have no clue, but it looks right to me. She's just too cute in her coat! :cloud9:

onster
December 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
awwwwwww its super cute. Looks right to me :shrug:

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
It looks perfect to me, Frenchy!! And look at that smile on the fashion model's face!! :cloud9: I think she likes. :D

Is the measurement from collar to tail? If so, 20 inches will likely be too big :shrug:

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Is the measurement from collar to tail? If so, 20 inches will likely be too big :shrug:

I think it is from collar to tail.

ok thanks , thank dog I don't have to drive there again :laughing:

I wanted a red one but they only had 2 18" :sad:

otter
December 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Oooo, I love the plaid :thumbs up

So cute and it looks like she is very proud to wear it!

I think the size is just right.. any longer and it's going to interfere with her tail wagging (and seeing how happy she is she wouldn't want her tail to be impaired:lovestruck:)

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I love the plaid, too! :lovestruck: She looks stunning in it!! Plaid is her color! :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Oooo, I love the plaid :thumbs up

I love the plaid, too! :lovestruck:

Maybe I should take her hunting ? :laughing:

Mat&Murph
December 6th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Perfect fit and awsome colour!!!!! Lookin good Chloe!!!! :cloud9:

Winston
December 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I have to agree with everyone else...perfect fit...:thumbs up

She looks sooo proud! Plaid is for her!!

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I'll probably will get her another one anyway :rolleyes: it's too fun to shop for those :crazy: and they are not expensive :thumbs up

I will try to get a pic of Nelly with the one she got as a gift too :)

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Looking forward to the pics! :D We're gonna hold you to that...while you're home for the weekend and you have enough light! no excuses :p

Chaser
December 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Looks right to me...frickin' adorable! :cloud9:

diandpat
December 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Any bigger and the wind would probably blow underneath and make her cold :sad:

Love her pics...she looks very happy with her new outfit :lovestruck:

May I ask where you bought them that they were not that expensive???? Hobo is not much of a cold weather guy so I might have to cave and get him one this year... totally Macho, of course ;)

mollywog
December 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
aww she looks great! looks like a perfect fit to me!
Where's Nelly and her coat!? ;)

Maxine
December 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
as everybody says, I think it's the right size, and she looks great in it!!

I had some problems getting the right sizes too... Got one online wich was too big, than exchange it for a too small, (then I kept it cause sending it back was costing too much for the worth of it) and I just got back from Mondoux and it's too big :frustrated: I guess I should learn how to sew and make this one smaller, since I can't return it (stupid policy)

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
May I ask where you bought them that they were not that expensive????

Pet store near my place , in Napierville , this one was $16.99 !! It's a 18" , I think the biggest size they have was 24"

I had some problems getting the right sizes too... Got one online wich was too big, than exchange it for a too small, (then I kept it cause sending it back was costing too much for the worth of it) and I just got back from Mondoux and it's too big :frustrated: I guess I should learn how to sew and make this one smaller, since I can't return it (stupid policy)

I think the best way is to bring the dog , once you know the size you won't have too. But then again , same size doesn't always fit the same :frustrated:

diandpat
December 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
as everybody says, I think it's the right size, and she looks great in it!!

You can't return the online one or the one from Mondou? Why? Who has a policy like that, especially with dog clothes :wall::wall::wall:

Maxine
December 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Frenchy, ur right, I should have brought Lex but ended up at Mondou without planning it.. and you know, Lex isn't that great on leash with other dogs around (off leash he is awsome) and there always are dogs at mondou (wich is great, obviously)

diandpat, I returned the online one, asked the online store what would be the proper size since I ordered the jacket following the chart very cautiously and it didn't fit, and the lady told me a large, so I returned the big one and finally received the large, wich was too small :wall: but since I would be ending up paying 3 times the price of the jacket if I retruned it again (arounf 11 bucks shipping back to them) I just kept it and let hem know how unimpressed I was :rolleyes:

And yeah, Mondou has no return policy for clothes, so I really have to just suck it up and learn how to sew!!!!! bleh.

:sorry:for the rant

Maxine
December 6th, 2008, 05:03 PM
BTW Frenchy, I really like the look of yours, it is a simple look. I am no big fan of fancy fancy ones with the matching scarf and hat... :laughing:

rainbow
December 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I love Chloe's new coat. :cloud9: And the second pic is so cute :cloud9: ....she certainly seems to approve with her big smile too. :D

angeldogs
December 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
That looks good on her.I think the next size up would be two big.i know it's from collar to base of tall unless the coat is made to go around the neck.
lucky girl.

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 05:12 PM
BTW Frenchy, I really like the look of yours, it is a simple look. I am no big fan of fancy fancy ones with the matching scarf and hat... :laughing:

:laughing: I wouldn't go for those either , Chloe would never speak to me again :cool:

There was another one with some pink .... I told the lady : I'm looking for red thank you very much :laughing:

but the pink was cute too :o

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Frankly, I think Chloe would look stunning in any color. She's a supermodel. :dog:

Tommysmom
December 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
It looks great, Frenchy... and I think it's the perfect size for her, too :thumbs up.

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Frankly, I think Chloe would look stunning in any color. She's a supermodel. :dog:

Maybe the coat company could hire her , so I wouldn't have to pay for the gear !! :lightbulb:

14+kitties
December 6th, 2008, 06:27 PM
She is so sweet!! Adorable!! I love pups in their warm winter coats. :cloud9:

babymomma
December 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I think its adorable! And the perfect size! I always have trouble finding things that fit keely right, smalls are made for tiny little "teacup" dogs and then a mediam is made fore like a 40 lb dog! It really sucks!

cell
December 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM
You don't live west island montreal do you? I saw someone walking a familiar looking dog with a reddish coat on like that this after noon, and someone in front of me had a off leash GSD mix that ran up to it (while the other dog walker was obviously trying to avoid this)

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM
You don't live west island montreal do you?

No , I'm on south shore. So you mean another dog is walking around with the same coat ? Oh noooooo , Chloe will be crushed :sad: I told her it was a "one of a kind" !!

:laughing:

babymomma
December 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM
lYou don't live west island montreal do you? I saw someone walking a familiar looking dog with a reddish coat on like that this after noon, and someone in front of me had a off leash GSD mix that ran up to it (while the other dog walker was obviously trying to avoid this)

lol, how cool would that be if it were frenchy!?:p

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 10:12 PM
l

lol, how cool would that be if it were frenchy!?:p

It wasn't me. I would be easy to spot , walking 3 dogs , 3 diferents sizes , leashes all tangle together :laughing:

babymomma
December 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
It wasn't me. I would be easy to spot , walking 3 dogs , 3 diferents sizes , leashes all tangle together :laughing:

lol.. i have the same problem, haha but the funny thing is, i only own 1 dog?! haha:o

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 10:16 PM
lol.. i have the same problem, haha but the funny thing is, i only own 1 dog?! haha:o

:laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
December 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Chloe is adorable in her new coat :lovestruck:

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Chloe is adorable in her new coat :lovestruck:

Hi Growler !

I love the coat too , makes me want to buy tons more :p

growler~GateKeeper
December 6th, 2008, 11:36 PM
:laughing: Well she will need at least one more for when that one gets wet & needs to dry out :D ;) :thumbs up

TacoGrl
December 7th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Someone needs matching booties! :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
December 7th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Frenchy, I really love the coat.

But ummmm errr and please scuse me for asking this..(I love to live dangerously...:D) .. but why does she need a coat? Isn't she a Golden retreiver?

Does she get cold? Or does Mum just like the look of them? :D Or is Mum going to buy a coat that matches Chloe's and make a real fashion statement walking down the street? :D That would be kewllllllll.

Debbie

Kashi
December 7th, 2008, 08:57 AM
That is a gorgeous coat, and it looks like the perfect fit.

I desperately need to find a style like that for Pugs at least, if not Bo as well.

Frenchy
December 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Someone needs matching booties! :thumbs up
I know I know :yell:
Frenchy, I really love the coat.

But ummmm errr and please scuse me for asking this..(I love to live dangerously...:D) .. but why does she need a coat? Isn't she a Golden retreiver?

A Golden ? :laughing: that's what I was told when she needed to go into rescue .... and when Poodletalk picked her up for me to foster , she called me with the breaking news : Chloe was a Cocker mix lab/golden :laughing: so she's a mini golden at 38 lbs ... or an oversize cocker :D

I desperately need to find a style like that for Pugs at least, if not Bo as well.
Shop around , I know online these coats must be very pricey , still can't believe I got this one for under $20.00 !

ancientgirl
December 7th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I love her new coat. It looks like a perfect fit to me.