Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New toy Kong Squeekers - Christmas ???

TeriM
December 6th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I was in the pet store the other day and saw a new kong toy that is the regular kong but has a squeeker inside. I think that this is definately gonna be on the Christmas list for Riley!

TeriM
December 6th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Crap, I can't find a pic of it anywhere :frustrated:.

I know I didn't imagine it :o.

rainbow
December 6th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Is this the one you mean?

http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html

TeriM
December 6th, 2008, 02:45 AM
It was a regular kong like that one (not the air kong things) but it had a squeeker stuffed up inside it. It was very cool and I have never seen them before this week so I think they are brand new. I think it is one of the few squeek toys that might last longer then five minutes with Riley.

I guess it is possible that it is actually a kong knock-off and that is why I can't find it :shrug:.

rainbow
December 6th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Is it the tennis ball-y kind or the hard rubber kind? :confused:

TeriM
December 6th, 2008, 03:09 AM
It was the hard rubber kind. The Tisol store in Burnaby had them, it is strange that I can't find them online anywhere?

kathryn
December 9th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I have not seen those. I have seen the squeeky tennis balls by kong though. They are very popular. Kong seems to be making a whole lot of new stuff now and you probably did not imagine it.

Blackdog22
December 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
If your talking about a Wubba, I must say....my dogs LOVE them.
Hands down, they are the most favorite toy in the house. Depending on how your dog is with toys, they may not last too long. My GSD's like to break them after about 2 weeks. However my female carts around a very gross looking Wubba that has no doubt earned its stay. She protects that toy with her life, no one else is permitted to touch it. LOL. They also hold in water....not good if your dog likes to make soup then "show" you there yummy creation by plopping a sopping wet Wubba on your face!

luckypenny
December 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
This is what TeriM is speaking of. I haven't seen it in the stores around here yet :shrug:.

Blackdog22
December 10th, 2008, 09:16 AM
That looks like something I should try.
My dogs love those squeaky tennis balls, but they are 2 dollars each and only last for about 4 minutes. I bet a squeaky kong would be doggy heaven for them. I wonder if they are as durable as the original kong......

luckypenny
December 10th, 2008, 09:25 AM
This is what was said in a survey sent to me by the company.

New KONG Squeaker

This new dog toy is identical to a regular KONG, but has a
squeaker inside. Suggested retail price: $2.00 more than a regular KONG.

And...

The KONG Squeaker is not as easy to squeak as other toys. Dogs have to concentrate on how to hold and chew the toy to produce the most satisfying squeaks.

mollywog
December 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM
ooh I will have to look for this! Molly is obsessed with the Air Kong balls but de-squeaks them in about 5 minutes!!

TeriM
December 12th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Thanks LP :thumbs up. That is exactly what I saw and it is good to know that I wasn't just hallucinating :D.

zomo
December 13th, 2008, 12:47 AM
hmmmmmmmmmm wish I could find them for xmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckypenny
December 13th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I just emailed the company asking if there are any store/distributors in Quebec that carry the Squeaker. :fingerscr

luckypenny
December 15th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I just emailed the company asking if there are any store/distributors in Quebec that carry the Squeaker. :fingerscr

And received this reply today,

The only distributor that has purchased the squeakers so far is located in BC. The name of the company is Anipet Animal Supply and their phone # is 604.536.3367. They might have stores that they sell to in other parts of Canada. This product was just released and very few distributors have purchased it yet.

It's a shame they aren't readily being distributed across the country as of yet, especially in time for the holidays :shrug:.

TeriM, you ought to snatch a bunch up and Ebay them :D.

TeriM
December 16th, 2008, 03:14 AM
If anyone really wants one of these and is willing to pay the postage then pm me and I will pick one (or more :D) up for you. I am going there on thursday this week so hopefully they should still have lots.

rainbow
December 17th, 2008, 01:34 AM
There is a list of sales reps for B.C., Alberta/Saskatchewan and the Rest of Canada on Anipet's website if anyone wants to contact them to see where it may be available in their area.....

http://anipet.com/contact2.asp

TeriM
December 17th, 2008, 11:06 PM
If anyone really wants one of these and is willing to pay the postage then pm me and I will pick one (or more :D) up for you. I am going there on thursday this week so hopefully they should still have lots.

No takers? Santa must have you guys all covered I guess :D.