Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do Cats Drool?

Sneaky2006
July 26th, 2004, 02:22 AM
I woke up this morning and there was a wet spot right next to where one of my cats was sleeping. It was clear, I think. It was definitely not urine and I don't think it smelled like poop, it was kinda sour smelling. Do you think he was drooling? I don't know if this is weird or not for a cat to drool, this is the first I've seen a wet spot like this before. If it isn't drool what else could it be?

Sunkist/Winnie
July 26th, 2004, 09:36 AM
One of my cats drools, but it's only when I am patting her. I've never seen her drool any other time...and no drool pools :p

Could there have been something that she was licking? That would have left a wet spot.

Lucky Rescue
July 26th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Some cats drool when they are very happy, being petted and purring. Some will drool when they knead.

Drooling can also be a sign of dental problems.

stbeachy
July 26th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I had a cat that drooled every time it got on a blanket (because it would knead the blanket). My other cat would drool occasionally when being petted. YES they drool!

:)

shihtzulover
July 26th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I have a cat that drools also. She has a blankie and she gets on it and kneeds and holds it in her mouth. Its really cute.

Sneaky2006
July 26th, 2004, 03:40 PM
I don't know, I just thought it was weird if it was drool considering I haven't ever come across a spot like that before. UNLESS... he was having a really really good dream! :D

Catt31
July 26th, 2004, 04:37 PM
My cat drools excessively too!!! It seems a lot of drool, but its usually not!! She turns on the waterworks when I pet her too!!! Spunky drools wayyy more than Tux does!!

TalonsMa
July 26th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Talon drools ALOT but only when I am holding him, and giving him lots of cuddles and loving him :) Sades never drools :)

Freyja
July 26th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Gatsby was a terrible drooler. A happy drooler, that is when happy expect drool. It seemed to get worse when he got older. The smelly drool could have something to do with teeth problems. Gatsby was too old to have teeth removed but his drool did stink towards the end of his life.