Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Mishka

Lukka'sma
December 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
We picked her up yesterday. Didn't get home until late so this is the first chance I have had to get her pictures up.
She is 10 weeks old.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/mishka10weeks019.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/mishka10weeks018.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/mishka10weeks017.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/mishka10weeks016.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/mishka10weeks015.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/mishka10weeks013.jpg

BenMax
December 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
How incredibly gorgeous! Congrats! :lovestruck:

bendyfoot
December 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
She is ab.so.lute.ly. STUNNING!!!! :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck: Congrats!!!

diandpat
December 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
OMG Like a Baby Bear :cloud9:

She is gorgeous, and looks like she will be able to keep you on your toes too :thumbs up

Jim Hall
December 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
she has such an intense look

Winston
December 4th, 2008, 03:43 PM
OMG Lukkasmom! she is stunning! I am so glad you got another pup!

Is she the same breed as Lukka was?

Cindy

hazelrunpack
December 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Oh, she's a doll! :flirt: Looks a little serious, though...all these new places and people! :dog:

She's beautiful!!
Lukka would approve! :grouphug:

Ford Girl
December 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Aww, she is too cute!! Her face is so kissable!!

Chris21711
December 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
So happy for you, she will help fill that big void in your life. She is such a little roly-poly :lovestruck:

Mat&Murph
December 4th, 2008, 04:15 PM
She is sooo focused!!! And Beatiful of course!!!!:cloud9::lovestruck: Congrats!!

chico2
December 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM
OMG,seeing this "little"one,brings tears to my eyes,I am sooo happy for you and hubby,nobody can replace Lukka,but I am certain she approves and is very happy for you:thumbs up
I had a dog once named Mishka, a collie/Shepard mix,this little one looks like the same breed as Lukka,absolutely adorable.:lovestruck:
Did I say I am sooooo happy for all three of you:grouphug:

Chaser
December 4th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Oh wow...she is just adorable! :cloud9:

Love4himies
December 4th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I am soooo happy for you, like Chico, it brings tears to my eyes. What an absolutely adorable sweetie pie :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Does that mean you are going to come back to visit us again :)

14+kitties
December 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Awww, :cry: How sweet! Lukka most definitely would approve. She is so beautiful. I am sure she will grow up to be the little sis Lukka would have loved! :grouphug: to you for accepting another pup into your life. And welcome back! We have missed you!

Tommysmom
December 4th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Lukka'sma... congratulations! Enjoy her, she looks beautiful. I'm so happy for you.

ILoveOnyx
December 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
What a beeeeaaaauuuutiful pup! Congratulations!

happycats
December 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
OMG she is beautiful, her eyes are just gorgeous!! :lovestruck: Looks like she may have a little glint in hr eyes too.....I see trouble:evil: sweet and bossy at the same time!! Good thing she has the best furparents to deal with it:):angel:

Rottielover
December 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Congrats on the new addition, she is gorgeous, and those eyes will definetly get her out of trouble.
Welcome back

JennieV
December 4th, 2008, 08:21 PM
She is gorgeous and looks like a little plush bear...just stunning eyes!! Congratulations!

Frenchy
December 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM
omg look at those blue eyes :lovestruck: look at those big paws :lovestruck: but ... but .... where is her ears ? :confused:

:laughing:

Congratulation on the adoption , I am soooo happy for you Lukka'sma , Mishka is just adorable :cloud9:

but you know you will have to post , at least , weekly pics of her so we can see her grow. Or else ..... we'll all show up at your door to visit her :p

Melinda
December 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM
what a perfect little bundle!!!

glasslass
December 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Congrats on your new fur-baby! Was this her first intro to snow? She looks so serious, like she's not quite sure. Love the blue eyes!:lovestruck:

luckypenny
December 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Congratulations to you and your dh, Lukka'sma :grouphug:.

Mishka is one very lucky little girl to have found herself in your loving home and hearts.

clm
December 5th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I'm so happy you got another bundle of fur to love. She's adorable. Look at the size of those legs and paws. :eek: I can't wait to watch this one grow into them.
Congratulations.

Cindy

Leigh Vitalone
December 5th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Looks like a real life teddy bear.

I would not be able to stop squeezing and cuddling. Beautiful fur baby!

ancientgirl
December 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
She's absolutely gorgeous! I love her name too, it suits her very well. I'm so happy you brought this sweet girl into your life.

cpietra16
December 5th, 2008, 09:15 AM
She is stunningly beautiful.

~michelle~
December 5th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Shes incredible looking.. congrats :cloud9:
Im so happy for you and your new little bundle of joy I know she'll be such a happy pup since she has one of the best furmoms i know!

aslan
December 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Lukka'sma welcome back and a big welcome to your new little furball, Lukka would definately approve. Ummm i'm with frenchy tho, where are her ears.

Dog Dancer
December 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Oh Lukka'sma I'm so happy for you guys. Mishka is fabulous to say the least! And I agree, Lukka would be pleased. Welcome back and boy are you gonna have your hands full now. Yup, tears in my eyes too, what can I say, we're all a bunch of softies here. Congratulations on your beautiful new pup who will fill your hearts with more magic and wonderful memories. Just more to add to your memories of Lukka, not to replace them, it's perfect.

rainbow
December 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM
WOW :lovestruck: .....she is STUNNING !!!! :cloud9:

Congratulations on your new furbaby and I also love the name.....isn't it Russian for "loved one"? :cloud9:

phoozles
December 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
She's adorable! I can't wait to see her grow up! :lovestruck:

chico2
December 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I was Googeling Caucasian Ovcharka and see that she is a Russian breed,a mountain-dog,the breed is one of the oldest breeds of dogs.
Lots of interesting stuff,I had never heard of this breed before beautiful Lukka.
They even mentioned how bear-like they are,but with the temperament of a friendly giant.
I cannot wait for more pics,Lukkas mom,so now you know,ok:lovestruck:
So glad to have you back:thumbs up

Lukka'sma
December 6th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Is she the same breed as Lukka was?
Cindy
Yes Cindy she is a Caucasian Ovcharka the same breed as Lukka

omg look at those blue eyes :lovestruck: look at those big paws but ... but .... where is her ears ? :confused:

Congratulation on the adoption , I am soooo happy for you Lukka'sma , Mishka is just adorable

bow you know you will have to post , at least , weekly pics of her so we can see her grow. Or else ..... we'll all show up at your door to visit her :p
Well, this may cause a lot of controversy with some members but here it goes. The ear flaps of this breed get docked at three days old. The reasoning for this is that the working dogs that get into a fight with a predator get their ear flaps sheared and cut and it makes for quite the bloody mess. So the ear flaps are removed leaving predators nothing to grip onto. I know how much flamming I may take because people consider this mutilation, but it's done by the breeder and it is what it is. Lukka had her ear flaps removed as well.
You are more than welcome to show up and visit at any time.:)

WOW :lovestruck: .....she is STUNNING !!!!

Congratulations on your new furbaby and I also love the name.....isn't it Russian for "loved one"? :cloud9:
I was looking at a Russian name site when I first saw this name and it said it meant "little bear" knowing this breed that name suits a puppy very well. I have been told by different people (none of them Russian) that the name is masculine and a derivative of Micheal, others have said it means small size :shrug: I get offered lots of differing opinions on what the name means.:shrug: I liked the name as soon as I came across it and it just stuck in my head, so for me it is a girls name and it fits her very well.

I was Googeling Caucasian Ovcharka and see that she is a Russian breed,a mountain-dog,the breed is one of the oldest breeds of dogs.
Lots of interesting stuff,I had never heard of this breed before beautiful Lukka.
They even mentioned how bear-like they are,but with the temperament of a friendly giant.
I cannot wait for more pics,Lukkas mom,so now you know,ok:lovestruck:
So glad to have you back:thumbs up
I will post some more pics as she grows chico, and they grow so fast I'll have to keep the camera charged all the time.:)

Thanks to everyone for welcoming little Mishka into the family here. :)

chico2
December 6th, 2008, 08:27 AM
LM,I named my dog Mishka after a dog I knew in Sweden,she was a beautiful Collie,her owners were Hungarian.
I would say it's a girls name for sure.
I don't think you'll get flamed any time soon,maybe I will:confused:but if the ears are done early enough and with proper care it should be ok,after all,you did not do it yourself.

angeldogs
December 6th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Mishka is gorgeous,she has amazing looking eyes.

Rottielover
December 6th, 2008, 08:34 AM
No flaming from me either, you got her from a COE breeder, which means she follows the breed standards, plus you did not do it yourself.

TeriM
December 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
She is a beautiful girl :lovestruck:. I am so happy that you have some new puppy love to help heal your broken heart, I know Lukka would approve :).

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I hope you post lots of pics, Lukka'sma! I'm really looking forward to watching this little one grow up! :cloud9:

JennieV
December 6th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Lukkasma, being of russian origin, I can confirm to you that mishka means little bear, could be both feminine or masculine, no matter. but also could be a short of Michail, as you have mentioned.

I agree, it does suit her very well!! :thumbs up

gomez
December 6th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Congrats on the new puppy, she is so adorable!

Frenchy
December 6th, 2008, 11:24 PM
You are more than welcome to show up and visit at any time.:)

:cloud9: and will do , first thing after I win lotto :pray: will buy a camper and visit you and many other pets.ca members :thumbs up

Can't wait to hear more about Mishka's new adventures :goodvibes:

Crestedcrazy
December 7th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Congratulations :)
She looks like a little spitfire and I am so happy for you :grouphug:

Lukka'sma
December 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks everyone. In the four months since Lukka passed away Mike and I have been in a terrible state of depression. This little girl is well on her way to getting us back in the swing of things.

chico2
December 7th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Lukkas Mom,see there is not one person on this Forum who was untouched by Lukkas passing and who is now equally happy that you now have Mishka to love.
She is not Lukka,but it will be difficult not to smile and cuddle this fluffy little girl,I am very,very happy for you and hubby and I am certain Lukka is smiling down on you,she will never be forgotten:lovestruck:

Winston
December 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
So well put Chico! and how TRUE!!!

Lukka'sma
December 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Lukkas Mom,see there is not one person on this Forum who was untouched by Lukkas passing and who is now equally happy that you now have Mishka to love.
She is not Lukka,but it will be difficult not to smile and cuddle this fluffy little girl,I am very,very happy for you and hubby and I am certain Lukka is smiling down on you,she will never be forgotten:lovestruck:

So well put Chico! and how TRUE!!!

:)thanks :)