Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Raccoon is dumpters

NoahGrey
December 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hey,

Alot of people have the mentality that if a raccoon is in a dumpster is CAN get back out. In most cases, not true.

If you ever come cross a raccoon in a dumpster, you can try putting a plank in it or even a chair works. In most cases the best is too call Animal Control.

During the summer months, I probably had about 3 calls a week concerning raccoons in dumpsters. In the summer months, a dumpster can heat up very quickly and will cook the poor raccoon.

I always think of the poor raccoons, who were never found it time, who died by getting crushed alive when the garbage trucks comes.

I should also mention, if anyones work place, has a garbage bin outside of their work, please check everyday to see if any coons are in there. I know it is more in the summer, however in the winter food becomes scarce and garbage bins are the perfect meal for a hungry animal.

ACO22

Leigh Vitalone
December 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM
:lightbulb:Wow that is something I never would not have thought of. I have never seen one in a dumpster but I know I would have "assumed" it could get out on his/her own.

Thanks for the tip.

BenMax
December 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Never thought of that either! Something else to look for. I do however listen in the dumbsters for any meowing...now I will think of our wildlife as well.

Jim Hall
December 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
and possums and skunks and the stupider cats and maybe some two legged mammals if the economy gets very much worse

NoahGrey
December 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
and possums and skunks and the stupider cats

and not to forget squrriels. Had a squrriel in my apartment building dumpster. Was leaving for work at 6am and heard this commotion. Called work and was like "yeaahhh, I might be a bit late...squrriel in dumpster here" Of course Boss understood.

Got the little guy out:)

ACO22

Jim Hall
December 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
squirells dont get me started ripp out the siding by the roof and camped out in the rafetrs drove my cats out of thier minds

NoahGrey
December 4th, 2008, 02:53 PM
squirells dont get me started

*L* You sound like my Landlord. She just wanted to leave it in there, with a "i'll deal with it later" comment. I was like "uhh..no. She knows what I do for a living.

Yes, I know they can be a "nousence", but they still feel pain, suffer, go hungry, etc.

Here is a link for you. It is a product called Shake away.

http://www.shake-away.com/

I also gave this link to my landlord, after she said that she was going to shoot them with a bebe gun. Yeahh..I was not impressed and let her know it!

ACO22

Jim Hall
December 4th, 2008, 02:56 PM
yah ive used stuff like that it works pretty good