Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Had to vent - poor dog:(

totallyhip
December 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
I am sitting in my office at work (beside a cafe). Everyday this lady goes to the cafe and sits and drinks a couple glasses of wine inside. Meanwhile her poor Bernese Mountain Dog sits outside tied up and barks non stop for the couple of hours she is inside. Its so frustrating to see him there. I've been out there a few times and petted him and he is wearing a Dap Collar (Dog Appeasing Pheramone) and barking his head off. I don't understand why people take their dogs places if they are just going to tie them up outside and ignore them while they are stressed out and obviously annoying other people around them too! I wanna go tell her off! :loser:

BenMax
December 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Vent away because you have every right. I would be marching right in there and blasting the heck out of the woman...but that's just me.:mad:

totallyhip
December 3rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
She is gone now! But I think tomorrow I will go over there and ask her about the dog. I see it all the time. We used to own the bar/restaurant that was there before and there was a regular there that had a puppy Springer Spaniel. Personally I think the guy was a loser (capital L) :loser: and had a drinking problem because he was there everynight and his poor dog was outside in the cold and laying in its own urine. I did go in and tell the guy off and was told to "Get a grip, its a bleep bleeping Dog for God Sakes!" I told him that I would call Animal Control next time I saw it. And I never saw the dog out there again after that.

I hate people sometimes! :wall:

NoahGrey
December 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know. I think I would be more upset at the fact that this dog is sitting outside without any shelter. I see that you are in Vancover? I am sure it is pretty cold up there, for a dog to be out for an hour in this weather. He is probably barking his head off because he is freakin cold.

Next time call the Humane Society in the area. They will (or they should) have an officer come out and speak with this lady and possibly cite her as well.

ACO22

totallyhip
December 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
The lady was still there and I just went over and talked to her. She doesn't even own the dog.....she is the dog walker!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?????
She is scamming the owner by walking the dog down here everyday and sitting it outside!

She told me he has sep. anxiety and I told her that she shouldnt' be sitting in here drinking while the dog is outside stressed out and if your the dog walker you should be walking the dog!

UNBELIEVABLE@!:evil:

babymomma
December 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
She may have just said that to get you to shut up ?:shrug: It happens.. I would still call animal control or something just in case :2cents:

totallyhip
December 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
good point! I do talk alot :rolleyes:... I will be calling them tomorrow if she comes back. She quickly scurried away after I stopped talking to her and I think the staff there (and my staff) are all behind me on this.

babymomma
December 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
good point! I do talk alot :rolleyes:... I will be calling them tomorrow if she comes back. She quickly scurried away after I stopped talking to her and I think the staff there (and my staff) are all behind me on this.

Lol. I have that same problem, I have really bad word vomit sometimes. If she is indeed telling the truth, yuou NEED to try to get in touch with the owners of the dog. They are paying good money to have there dog walked, not chained up outside a bar in the freezing cold! Id follow her when she leaves some day. And confront both her and the owners!

The poor guy could get stolen, bred, and beaten! Or he may get rescued(Stolen with good intentions), loved, and warmth.
Good luck! :fingerscr

ashtoreth
December 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
we bring titus to groceries and tie him outside, but never more than 10-15 minutes (if we're not done we go and check on him a bit)
he just lay downs and chill o.0 never had any problem (note hes always in the shade, in a relax corner)

we go eat in restorant sometime, one in particular, we tie him on our chair, the big garage door window opens, he loves it, gets tones of attention too ^^

I cant believe shes a dog walker!!!!

thats....woa o.0

babymomma
December 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
we bring titus to groceries and tie him outside, but never more than 10-15 minutes (if we're not done we go and check on him a bit)
he just lay downs and chill o.0 never had any problem (note hes always in the shade, in a relax corner)

we go eat in restorant sometime, one in particular, we tie him on our chair, the big garage door window opens, he loves it, gets tones of attention too ^^

I cant believe shes a dog walker!!!!

thats....woa o.0

You do realize you wont agree with it much when he gets stolen, Titus is still unaltered no? he'd be perfect for somebody to steal and breed.hmm Beautiful huskie tied on with no one around, Even if you do keep an eye on him, People can work FAST, Even if you keep and eye on him at all times through a window, people can still get away with him. Its just not the responsible thing to do in my opinion.

totallyhip
December 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
We never leave our dogs for any amount of time tied up outside esp. not unattended. I don't trust people. A while ago there were dogs that were getting stolen that were left unattended. They were stealing pure breed dogs of all sizes. I know they were probably selling them somewhere. Recently there were some intact puppies that were taking out of a yard. And then another one where a 12 year old was walking the dog and some thug came and just grabbed it and told the kid that he had a knife and that he would cut him if he did anything or told anyone! :loser: WTF who does that???? :yell:

I couldn't live with myself if my babies got taken away.

babymomma
December 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
I hear ya ! Keely is NEVER let outside unnattended in our back yeard, let alone on a street outside a store/restaurant. Its just sad, then when the dogs are stolen its all the person that stole thems fault. I beleive that its just as much the owners fault as the theifs.

chico2
December 3rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Totallyhip,if this lady is a dog-walker,she gets paid to WALK the dog :evil:
I would check the dog-tag for a phone-number,under the pretence of petting him and call the owners.
If he was my dog,I would certainly want to know and then give that woman the boot.Poor pup..
BMountain-dogs are beautiful dogs,could very easily be stolen and then what,what a bitch!!!

ashtoreth
December 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
You do realize you wont agree with it much when he gets stolen, Titus is still unaltered no? he'd be perfect for somebody to steal and breed.hmm Beautiful huskie tied on with no one around, Even if you do keep an eye on him, People can work FAST, Even if you keep and eye on him at all times through a window, people can still get away with him. Its just not the responsible thing to do in my opinion.

Yea, but we both work fulltime and he needs to walk as well, somewhere we have to eat and buy food, we dont have a car :S
as for the restorant, its only when the garage door is open heh

but I get what you mean

BenMax
December 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
I would check the dog-tag for a phone-number,under the pretence of petting him and call the owners.
If he was my dog,I would certainly want to know and then give that woman the boot.Poor pup..
BMountain-dogs are beautiful dogs,could very easily be stolen and then what,what a bitch!!!

I agree with chico2.

Mat&Murph
December 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
I would call the owner and the Humain Soc. That is horrible!! The poor dog!! My guys are not left outside at all without myself or my hubby!! I would flip if something happened to them so won't take that chance.

erykah1310
December 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
I would be freaking if that was my dog walker...FREAKING

On all the other points in this thread, I will just leave it, I guess country vs city life is getting me worked up for nothing.

chico2
December 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
When we walk Bailey every day,we concentrate on her 100%,make sure she enjoys her walk and the treats and cuddles after,that's what a dog-walker should do.

ashtoreth
December 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
I really wish I could have 30h days really
oh, and have a farm

totallyhip
December 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
I will look tomorrow if I see him for the tags. I know what you mean. If that was my dog walker I would go ballistic on her!!! Thank God I have an amazing dog walker! Our neighbours always commenting on how good she is with our dogs :thumbs up

Kai'smom
December 4th, 2008, 05:29 AM
There is an outside beach bar along the route we walked Kai. One day my hubby begged me to stop for a beer. We stop, get Kai a bowl of water and he promptly does a number two right there. I wanted to curl up and die!!!! My husband starts laughing... guess who had to clean it up. Shame the people next to us were eating.
I was so mad as i was knackered from walking him for 2 bleeding hours and not one poo. As soon as we sat down. he reckons.:rolleyes:.. this looks like a good spot.... thats animals for ya!:D

Love4himies
December 4th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Vent away because you have every right. I would be marching right in there and blasting the heck out of the woman...but that's just me.:mad:

Me too :thumbs up. I couldn't just idly stand by and watch this happen.

Love4himies
December 4th, 2008, 06:05 AM

Good idea, chico :thumbs up

totallyhip
December 4th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Well no sign of her today. Guess she decided not to come around anymore. My staff thinks that I have scared her off :rolleyes:

I just fear that she has decided to go elsewhere and pull the same thing :sad:

Mat&Murph
December 4th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I hope she doesn't either. Mybe you put a scare into her and she will take her job alittle more seriously!!! Here's hoping :pray:

cell
December 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Just call the cops and say the dog looked viscous or something. They will show up sooner then animal control (if your lucky while the owner is still being oblivious) then the owner will have to disturb whatever they are doing to go out and talk to the cops/AC and they are not going to throw lip, or know who reported them, might make them think twice. If they don't notice and their dog gets carted off they will need to bail it out, also a lesson learner. I would only do it if it is a consistent pattern where the dog is tied out often for long periods and it barked constantly (obvious signal owner is tuned out, a good owner wouldn't have their dog bark, and wouldn't just leave them out on a sidewalk)