Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello, I just found this site today!

Brenda-May
December 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
My name is Brenda-May and I am a teacher in Toronto. Home today, sick with a cold, and I found this site and forum, so that is a good thing! I have a bit of a dilemma, that's why I was searching around. Not sure if I should inquire about it in this thread or go over to the health issues related thread for pets. I have 4 cats; a mother and her kittens that were abandoned in a nearby park and I took them in. That was nine years ago! And an elderly dog that tenants abandoned in one of the apartments that we rent out. She was only one when tenants left in the night, owing rent money of course...but they also left her. We finally peered through the basement apartment living room window, because we hadn't seen the tenants over the weekend, and their rent was way overdue. The apartment was bare of furniture but there she was, lying on a sleeping bag next to a pail of water which was almost gone. She hadn't barked at all during that time. Needless to say, "Shadow" went from being a tenant to being a landlord! She is now almost 14 years old and her health is declining rapidly, but she has been a joy and a blessing in our lives :)
I'm so glad to have found this forum, and will be asking for help regarding my dilemma as soon as I rake up some leaves in the driveway...we are expecting snow soon!
Brenda-May :)

14+kitties
December 3rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Welcome BrendaMay. And thanks for being the :angel: these babies needed so desperately!

BenMax
December 3rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Thank you for being an :angel: to all these little souls. Only wish there were more people like yourself.

Brenda-May
December 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
I am going to go over to the Health issues section for cats/dogs and post my dilemma there. Perhaps someone has some ideas that can help me.
Brenda-May :)

BenMax
December 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
There are alot of people here that have knowledge as well as our vet of course Dr. Lee.

diandpat
December 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hi Brenda-May

Sounds like you have a house full of grateful companions. How nice for ALL of you. :cloud9:

There are many knowledgeable people here and I think you are going to fit right in with that big loving heart of yours. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the board, Brenda-May. I can't believe no one has asked you for pictures of your babies yet. :D Let me be the first to hound you.... :o hey, what can I say...we love pics :cloud9:

want4rain
December 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
just so you know, Dr Lee is also quite adorable!! :lovestruck:

welcome to the boards! i hope you find the answers you are looking for.

-ashley

Mat&Murph
December 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hey and welcome!!!!! How awsome that you took in the furry babies. But we need pics of them!!!lol

Tundra_Queen
December 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Brenda May and welcome to the forum! You are an :angel: for rescuing all those furbabies!

Debbie

chico2
December 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
I agree and WELCOME TO OUR FORUM!!!

Brenda-May
December 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
What nice people here! I should have expected it, as animal lovers are the nicest people of all :) :)
I would love to post pictures of my angels, just have to figure out how to do it :)
Still trying to work my way around this site...

zomo
December 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hi and welcome from Zoe Melvin and I :)