Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Orijen dog food

loveyadogs
December 1st, 2008, 10:40 AM
:thumbs up
Well we started it friday morning i thinkt hat was the 27th or 28th of November.
I am HOPEFUL that Bazil will strive on this new food. Prior to this he has been on Science diet (vet) for the last three years. He has terrible skin, fur and ears.
He licks his hands insistant, vet gave me ear drops, sigh...so i have read and re read all the info out there and it pointed me to try this food.It is sold in two stores inmy city (although he was VERY low in quantity)
Bazil wanted nothing to do with it but now he is trying it out.

p13m4n
December 1st, 2008, 10:48 AM
My Golden Retriever had dull and rough coat and constant diarrhea when he was on Authority (lots of grains). Ever since Orijen, his coat's been shiny and smooth. It's well worth the money.

You might want to make the title a bit more specific. 'Origen dog food in Brazil' works for me.

EDIT: Crap, I read Brazil. Oh well.

BenMax
December 1st, 2008, 12:23 PM
loveyadogs - you were specific enough...

The main thing is your dog is getting accustomed to the food and as along as you are happy with the results then it's all good. I am certain that there are others here that can share their experience (pros and maybe even cons) on this food.

I cannot add anything, however I just wanted you to know that you were 'specific' enough as I myself 'didn't get' the above response at all!

Love4himies
December 1st, 2008, 12:27 PM
You might want to make the title a bit more specific. 'Origen dog food in Brazil' works for me.

The dogs name is Bazil, not sure where you get Brazil from :confused: Is the OP in Brazil?

loveyadogs
December 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM
Yes Bazil, from faulty towers (john cleese) hehe and so far so good with this new food. Goodness I have never read somuch info before and I am so happy I have.:lovestruck:

Love4himies
December 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
I feed my cat, Jasper, some orijen, he is mostly on canned and raw. IMO, Orijen is one of the best quality pet foods.

bendyfoot
December 1st, 2008, 01:43 PM
My five critters are all eating orijen, and it has done wonders for their skin and coats, they're all looking gorgeous!

loveyadogs
December 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
my bazil will one day get professionally groomed because he will have clear ears and a beauty coat, i know it, I have faith we are on the right path to GOOD dog food and health:angel:

loveyadogs
December 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
The one place I went too does not have any of the fish flavored, I wasnt to try this one with him as well , not right away but...soon.There is only two stores who sell this brand here:crazy:

BusterBoo
December 1st, 2008, 05:11 PM
ok....and now back on topic!!! :thumbs up

Buster has been on Orijen for a couple of months and has now decided he prefers the Wellness he was on before.....so he gets a mixed bowl of kibble every day. Some days he picks the orijen out and drops it on the floor, other days, he drops the Wellness.

Both of his foods are the Fish Variety, his coat is great...he has a few itchies but overall, both foods suit him.

Good luck in finding the perfect food for your pooch!! :thumbs up

marko
December 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
It's late and tempers can settle. This thread will reopen tomorrow but it's closed for the night.

Thx in advance
Marko

marko
December 2nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
This thread is about Orijen food and I want to leave it open.

I have taken a hatchet to this thread and deleted all the bickering.

As always I ask members to PM me with a link to specific posts if posts are offensive/rude/trollish. Had this been done here, the hatchet would not have come out and this thread would have followed course.

There were some clearcut posts that should have been edited/deleted right way. I received no PM/reported posts etc. and I depend on members/mods to point me to troubling threads. usually it happens quickly but not always.

p13m4n - You are a newbie here and if you have further issues please PM me directly. In THIS particular thread you were out of line. Do NOT reply to this here If you want to discuss this, please PM me.

This thread will now be reopened. Please let's get this back on topic.

Thanks all
Marko

loveyadogs
December 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
well wee B for Bazil has been sniffing around the cupboards forlorn look , I think looking for his evil science diet food. But it is all gone and I wont get it again.He has been eating the orijen quite well with some warm water to mix as a natural gravy, he is still likcing but not too too much and theears I clean them out ...day 5! YEAH! :highfive:

loveyadogs
December 2nd, 2008, 08:52 AM
I am on day 5 and he hasnt been overly happy with the change but is eating it.I need to get more orijen.I will look for a can of wet wellness for al ittle treat

:lightbulb:

ok....and now back on topic!!! :thumbs up

Buster has been on Orijen for a couple of months and has now decided he prefers the Wellness he was on before.....so he gets a mixed bowl of kibble every day. Some days he picks the orijen out and drops it on the floor, other days, he drops the Wellness.

Both of his foods are the Fish Variety, his coat is great...he has a few itchies but overall, both foods suit him.

Good luck in finding the perfect food for your pooch!! :thumbs up

AmericanBullMom
December 2nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Thank you Marko! You're right, we were all out of line!

Back on track!
As a mom to a dog with LOTS of skin problems I certainly know how you feel! I had Patrón on Wellness Core Ocean and he did do pretty well for a while. Right now I'm trying Wellness Simple Food Solutions right now.

Skin problems are sooooo yucky... Hope all goes well with Bazil! Keep us posted on his progress! Any pics of him?

aslan
December 2nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
funny mine were all on wellness did the gradual switch to orijen, none of them liked it, durring the switch you would see one pick out the orijen and spit it out, so back to wellness we went. i'm glad bazil is doing good so far.:thumbs up

loveyadogs
December 2nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Here is Bazil.I have mitzy and coco:grouphug:

AmericanBullMom
December 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
:lovestruck::cloud9::cloud9::lovestruck:
Ohhhhhhh what a sweetie!

aslan
December 2nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
aaaaw what a little cutie with hims snowy chin.:flirt:

bendyfoot
December 2nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
OMG he's cute!!!:lovestruck:

Love4himies
December 2nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Oh what a cutie :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Look at that cute little snowy beard! :flirt: What a doll!

Glad he's doing better! :thumbs up

loveyadogs
December 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
where do I post a pic of each of the other dogs?

diandpat
December 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
I think you should open a thread in the "pet photography" forum and post lots and lots of pics until we can tell all three apart easily :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

kandy
December 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
I would just say that you shouldn't expect the skin problems to just disappear overnight. It takes a while for health issues to fully resolve themselves once the cause is gone. I would bet you'll see a gradual return to nice fur and healthy skin & ears. There is no doubt that Orijen is a very good food, but not every food is right for every dog. Everything I've read says that you should feed a particular food for 4 months before deciding if it's doing what you expected or not.

Good Luck and I hope he grows to love the Orijen!

Frenchy
December 2nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
ohhh he's so cute ! Looks just like my ex foster Stitch ! :lovestruck:

loveyadogs
December 3rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
:frustrated:
well
I bought a wee can of wellness fish stuff , fish and whitetwater or somehting and put it in with the dry kibble (as they all like a titch) and bazil was licking and scratching all night, aaaaaaaaaah! so I ...ahhhh:frustrated:
so needless to say he is off that immediatly.

cambar
December 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
First I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm new writing on this board but I have been lurking for a while now. I have three pets, (a new puppy Mini Schnauzer-5 months, 13yr old Husky and a 14yr cat) all are happy and healthy!

My question/concern is that I have been feeding the puppy Orijen and he was really doing well on it so I switched the older dog (Orajen senior)to it a few months old and she competely changed into a new much more active, playful dog. I couldn't beleive the change in her, but now today I went to the pet store and the clerk told me that they are really having trouble refilling their shelves with the Orijen. They can't get their supplies in. She also said the other stores in town are having the same problem and and no doubt will be having to stop selling it. They were down to hardly nothing left as it is. I was lucky that she had what I needed. I'm in Northern Ontario

So my problem---is anyone else having this issue. Should I start to switch them and to what? She reccommend Candice (sp). I did sooo much research before I got the new little guy and thought that Orijen was the best for him.

Anyway if any one has any advice it would be greatly appreicated.

rainbow
December 6th, 2008, 12:25 AM
cambar, first of all, welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up ....sorry your post didn't get answered sooner but sometimes they get overlooked especially when they are posted in a previous thread. :o

I have been feeding my fuzzzbutts Orijen for a couple of years now and it is an awesome food, imo, and I am happy to hear that your dogs are doing well on it. :thumbs up

I don't know where in northern Ontario you live but this is the store locator for Orijen products.....

http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/storeLocator/OntarioStoreListing.aspx

Hopefully, there is another pet store nearby that will be able to accomodate you. :fingerscr

Also, Champion Pet Foods has excellent customer service, so if you contact them they will also be able to help you if are having a problem finding their food.

We would love to see pics of your fur family if you can post them in our Photo Forum. :goodvibes:

Good luck and please update us. :goodvibes: