Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

December weight loss challenge

Ford
December 1st, 2008, 08:33 AM
Here you go...welcome to December! Take it easy on the turkey!

Your friendly neighbourhood mod,

Ford

bendyfoot
December 1st, 2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks Ford!:thumbs up

Schwinn, don't be too hard on yourself. Every day is a new day, and no one can be perfect all the time. We're only human. What matters is that we keep working on it, a little at a time. Sorry other things in your life are so crappy right now. I understand how that can really be de-motivating to focus on taking care of yourself. BUT, staying healthy is really the best thing you can do right now...:grouphug:

So, Fordgirl wanted recaps, goals...

So: Since January 2008, I have dropped from about 170 lbs to 142 lbs :D I have gone from a size 14 to a very comfy size 8 :D I have overhauled my eating habits and feel much healthier :D I feel better about myself and know that I'm a much fitter person than I was a year ago :D

For 2009: As you know, my short term fitness goal is to complete a half-marathon (about 21 km) in May. So, in the meantime I'll be running 4-5 days a week, and will continue with my healthy eating (I am now officially addicted to my weekly Sunday-cooking-marathons, my freezer is chock-full of healthy goodness!) I don't have any specific weight goals right now, I mainly just want to maintain my fitness level, and I figure the weight part will stay on track/do what it needs to do.

Mat&Murph
December 1st, 2008, 10:56 AM
Awsome on the weightloss Bendyfoot!!!! I have finally lost my baby wieght since my last baby, this year!! took forver!!! My daughter will be 4 Valentin's day. But it is finally off. Just have to to work on the last 5 lbs. Why is it that the last couple of pounds are always the hardest??

phoozles
December 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Congrats - Mat&Murph - you did it! :thumbs up

I had a weird temper tantrum last week.. I was working hard - exercising well, and felt that I would see some nice results.. I usually weigh myself on Saturday mornings, but I decided to weigh myself on Friday morning first, because I knew I had a wine tasting that night, and wanted to see what difference it would make to my overall weight if I weighed myself again the next morning.

So on Friday, weighed myself, saw I was down to 118.2 lbs.. :highfive: I did a little happy dance, did my cardio, and went on with my day.. I ate well (until the wine started :rolleyes:) and then went bowling until 3 AM..

I woke up on Saturday morning, and weighed myself around the same time I usually do.. according to my scale, I was 120.2 lbs.. Exactly two pounds more than the morning before! While I know it really didn't make sense (there was no way I could have gained two pounds in 24 hours), I really took it to heart for some reason ..

I pouted for a few hours - which, in retrospect, was ridiculous.

I'm kind of glad it happened.. it showed me that I'm taking this into obsession territory .. even if I *did* gain two pounds, 120 was my original goal weight, so what's the big deal? .. I'm going to try and not take these weigh-ins to heart.. easier said than done, I guess..

Mat&Murph
December 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I found you CAN"T weigh yourself everyday!! thats when it gets the most discouraging!! 120 lbs?? I wish..lol My goal weight is 140 and I am down to 144 lbs. So the last couple will come when they come!!

bendyfoot
December 5th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Yeah, don't weigh every day unless you're prepared to deal with bizzare fluctuations (it's kinda like the stock market that way)...2 lbs+/- in a 24 hour period is just normal water retention-ey stuff. I understand the tantruming, though, I'd be kinda :frustrated: if I saw that too. :D

phoozles
December 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I know.. that's why I stopped doing it - and only do it once a week.. I don't know what I was thinking - but it really sucked! :laughing:

Hopefully it drops 4 or 5 lbs when I weigh myself tomorrow to make up for the heartache :rolleyes: :laughing:

And Mat&Murph - I'm very short - only 5'2", so every pound shows.. 140 for me is still in the bad BMI range.. Apparently I'm "supposed" to be at 112 for my height.. not sure I buy that, but as long as my buddha belly goes away, I don't care what I weigh!

Mat&Murph
December 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
That makes sence! I am about 5'7 so 140 isn't bad lol it is not my belly fat I worry about it is my big a@@ lol and hips. Good luck on the weigh in

Rottielover
December 24th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well it has been a long time for me, I have had a hard time with this lately, but I am back at it full force.
A friend of mine and myself started a little competition who will reach their goal by March 30th. :)
Here is a pic taken today with my new workout gear, others did not fit anymore, too big (not good for cardio) LOL

Oh ya, my goal for Xmas to to maintain not gain :)
So far so good :), even down 1 lb
It has been great, even knowing I can not get to the gym during the holidays, I have a schedule my trainer made, which I can follow at home, no excuse for anything :)

Rottielover
December 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Ok, so how has everyone doing so far with the olidays.
Yesterday was pretty bad, have to say still full. BUT at least my choices were not too bad. I skipped desert completely :)

I weighed myself this morning, still at same weight, so that is great.
And everyone else, how are you doing.
Jan is fast approaching

bendyfoot
December 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I refuse to step on a scale until mid-January!!!:laughing:

Although I am definitely indulging food-wise and exercise-wise, I'm not too worried...I've committed to running a half marathon in may and start my training workshop in a few weeks so I know I'll be back on track very soon...I'm just glad xmas food only happens once a year!

Schwinn
December 31st, 2008, 01:40 PM
I fell off the wagon...hard. I've been getting to the gym sporadically, pigging out huge. I think I'm back up to 221-222. I've been feeling so discouraged about work and the police force, too busy feeling sorry for myself. I'm actually quite angry with me. As a matter of fact, I'm so upset with me, I'm not even talking to me anymore. I'm so lonely...:sad:;)

I did get to the gym for legs on Monday, and I was in yesterday, did some cardio. I'm going to try and get the road bike in the trainer, start doing some cardio there. I put a shirt on yesterday that my gut used to stick out of if I lifted my arms. Man, I don't know how much I weighed but I must have been really big. Anyway, that doesn't happen anymore, so that kind of gave me a boost. Made me realize that I haven't been wasting my time.