Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We're here (with a few bumps!)

duttypaws
November 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
So... we made it to the UK!

I got to heathrow thursday morning and made my way to get the girls.. All their paper work was in order but.. (always a but) ... the detick, deworm medication given by my vet in Canada WASNT ACCEPTED by DEFRA!!!!

this meant dad and I had to stay 24 hours in london waiting on the new treatment to work!!

so we're now in glasgow after driving home!

Chris21711
November 30th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Glad you made it safe and sound duttypaws now you are going to have to post pics of the whole clan together. How are Lola and Poppy doing?

duttypaws
November 30th, 2008, 06:11 PM
they are living happily in the bedroom! lol... they are in my bedroom with me sharing my bed! lol.

wee hitch today meeting Zena... but hugo gave poppy a sniff and there was now pawing or hissing or growling!!!

time will tell...

i just feel bad keeping them in this room all day...

Frenchy
November 30th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I'm happy to hear from you ! :thumbs up

Chris21711
November 30th, 2008, 06:26 PM
They'll come around, they must be exhausted after such a long trip, quite an ordeal for anyone. Did you party while you were in London :laughing:

Winston
November 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Duttypaws take whatever time they need...this way the inro will go smooth!

Cant wait to see new picks of the whole clan! Glad you had asaffe trip!!

Cindu

Love4himies
November 30th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Glad that you checked in to let us know that your trip went very well.

Your poor kitties are probably so exhausted and a little stressed from their trip. I am sure in a few days they will be best friends.

hazelrunpack
November 30th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Looking forward to those pics once everyone is all settled in! Glad your move has been (almost) hitchless so far. :highfive:

sugarcatmom
November 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
So... we made it to the UK!

Phew! I hope the flight was at least bearable for all concerned. What was the in-flight movie?

... the detick, deworm medication given by my vet in Canada WASNT ACCEPTED by DEFRA!!!!

That doth sucketh. Is there a way you can let the vet know, just for his/her own reference?

rainbow
December 1st, 2008, 12:39 AM
Glad you made it safe and sound albeit eventually. :grouphug:

Looking forward to your update and new pics. :goodvibes:

duttypaws
December 1st, 2008, 05:25 PM
That doth sucketh. Is there a way you can let the vet know, just for his/her own reference?

i did think about this i spend $200 on useless medication! :frustrated:

aslan
December 1st, 2008, 06:31 PM
glad you guys made it safe and sound, even better the uk doesn't still do the mandatory quarantine. Wonder why they don't recognize the meds there.

duttypaws
December 3rd, 2008, 09:20 AM
apparently Advatage 18 ( think was its name ) doesnt have a high enough dosage of some medication.
I mean if that is the case DEFRA really shoudl mention it on their site...