Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

taffy wants cat food

gonemad99619
November 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
hey guy's i have a jitsue that will not eat her food and i tryed everything under the sun cost me lots of $$$$$$$ i bought her (beef and gravy) still no way will she eat it!! and my cat (boots) luvs special kitty (beef and gravy) and so does my dog (taffy) will it hurt her if i feed it to her thx guys for some insight

kathryn
November 30th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Well... first and foremost welcome to the forum !

For your dog (and cat), try a different brand. If you offer your dog a highly palatable food such as Innova Evo or Evangers, maybe your dog will eat her food and your cat will eat his food.

try
www.naturapet.com
www.evangersdogfood.com
www.oldmotherhubbard.com

good luck... maybe if you try a specialty pet food store you can find some healthy food for your critters that they will actually eat.

p.s.
http://www.petcare.mars.com/

there is another recall going on of special kitty right now.

ScoutsMom88
November 30th, 2008, 11:28 PM
If you can find a good quality dry food that she likes, I suggest Merrick Before Grain cans. They're 100% meat and nothing else. You do need to feed a dry with them though so the cat has a balanced diet. The company also makes a very good quality grain-free dry diet. With the rising costs of pet foods due to grain prices, the grain free foods are becoming more reasonably priced in comparison.

DoubleRR
December 1st, 2008, 11:51 AM
I take it you meant your ****zu dog is trying to eat the cat food. Find a good quality [petfood store not grocery store brands] dry dog food, offer small amount, leave for 20 minutes. If Taffy doesn't eat it, offer it again at the next meal...until she does. As long as she has access to good water, she can go several days without food to convince her she needs to eat what you decide.

gonemad99619
December 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
thx for all ur reply's gonna try all everything that was mentioned nothing is to good for my taffy ands boots thx again