Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think Maks is angry with me.

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2008, 09:38 AM
This is why I think he is. Last night, I saw him sitting on the new box. I then realized someone was in there. As Oksana was coming out of the box, Maks jumped on her.

I'm sorry, but I was furious. I pretty much let them have their little squabbles and try to allow them to deal with their issues. This I did not like. Stalking and surprise attacks while coming out of the litter is something I don't like. Especially since I've read it's one of the issues as to why some cats stop using the litter, because they are afraid of being attacked.

Maks has done this twice to her, once while I had the other bigger furniture piece, and now last night.

I yelled at him and gave him several firm NO's while looking at him.

Last night he didn't come up to bed with the rest of us and hasn't gone upstairs while I've been up there since then. I tried to coax him up there but nothing doing.

So, I think I might have hurt his feelings. :sad:

I feel terrible, but I can't have him thinking it's okay to attack any of the others like that at the litter box. What should I have done differently:confused:

Diamondsmum
November 29th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Awwww AG :grouphug:

I think maks will get over it & to be honest I think you did it correct (givin the circumstancs)

what about tho a spray bottle with some water for those times?

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I've tried spraying them with the water, and it isn't very effective on them. Besides, I don't want to hit the victim by mistake.

14+kitties
November 29th, 2008, 10:54 AM
He'll get over it. You didn't hit him, just gave him some firm no's. That's the important thing.
Pick him up and give him some extra cuddles. I am sure he will be putty in your hands soon. They are just like kids, I swear. :rolleyes:

Love4himies
November 29th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Awww ancientgirl :grouphug: I wouldn't worry about Maks being mad, kitties and pups love unconditionally and don't hold grudges or get angry at their humans. I am sure Maks has forgotten everything and hasn't given the incident a single thought. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys. I felt really guilty after I yelled at him, but I know I had to do it. I can't have any of them afraid of using their litter boxes and fear being attacked.

He got me back though. I was making a salad and he snagged and ran off with several little pieces of my lettuce!:laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Maks likes lettuce?! :eek: I'm surprised! Even our omnivorous, hungry-all-the-time dogs have to be taught to appreciate the fine nothingness of lettuce. :D

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2008, 01:40 PM
:shrug: yeah, can you believe it? :laughing: He ate a little leaf I'd chopped up entirely. Lettuce is pretty tasteless, so I'm guessing he might just like the crunchy wetness.

ancientgirl
November 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM
All is forgiven. My little guy stayed upstairs with the rest of us last night.:cloud9:

rainbow
November 30th, 2008, 03:04 PM
LOL....Max just had to pout for a little while to make you feel guilty. :D

ancientgirl
November 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
That little butthead. LOL, it worked.

rainbow
November 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
He has such a mischieveous look sometimes that I can just hear him thinking "mommy hurt my feelings so she's going to pay for this". :evil:

ancientgirl
November 30th, 2008, 03:16 PM
LOL, he's got me wrapped around his little paw.

chico2
November 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Aww Maks,mommy yelled at you:laughing:I don't blame you for moping for a couple of hours,it works:laughing:
Any of my cats will do the same,hide in the wall-unit,looking all hurt until mom or dad just fall for those pityful faces:cat:

ancientgirl
November 30th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Chico, I hate yelling at them, but I know it has to be done sometimes. They haev to have boundaries and know they are being naughty. Vlad knows when he's being bad because I'll say no, and get up and he'll run away. :laughing: