Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I brought you a present! *gross!!!!!!!*

kathryn
November 29th, 2008, 08:56 AM
UGHHH Buddy was at it again! I came down to the kitchen to get breakfast and he was looking in the backdoor at me.... but OMG he brought me a 'gift' again. :yuck:

Guess it might seem kinda weird to take a picture, but the look on his face says it all. He managed to get out when my mom was leaving for work today.

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/7/l_6c6419dd420547d081d11e7eb8a1d4e3.jpg

"Aren't you proud of me?"

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/46/l_dbc136b70d1348dfb3d800e879c8b33d.jpg

"That's for you!"

:rip: Mr Squirrely.

Please tell me other peoples pets bring them critters and my cat is not just a cold blooded killer :yell:

erin_e_123
November 29th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Haha...well, my mom's cat does this all the time!! But we don't get the whole body like Buddy leaves you, Alex just leaves the insides at the back step! And my mother-in-law's cat, Spike does the same!! It's totally normal! My grandfather is a retired vet, and he has many cats running around on his farm and this is a daily occurance for him!! He says it's their way of saying "thanks"!!

BeagleMum
November 29th, 2008, 09:01 AM
OMG that's is so sad but the pictures are so funny, your cat looks so proud!! RIP little guy!!

luvsmallfurries
November 29th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Oh my lord! My Corkie (RIP) used to bring us home absolutely everything she caught - but she brought them home ALIVE! Near as I can tell the only thing she ever killed was spiders - had a thing about spiders. I can't tell you how many times I was laying on the couch and suddenly had a "insert wildlife here" dropped on my chest - ALIVE! Mice, voles, sparrows, finches, moles and on one very memorable occasion a baby hummingbird! She was also very adept at hunting slippers. I'd hear the tell-tale shuffling and growling upstairs followed by the thumping when she hurled them down the stairs. Then she'd come down and sit over them howling until the rest of us all came to have a look see. I had about 5 pairs of slippers stashed around the house because she'd sit over them for hours and not let me take them! Goofy cat.....

kathryn
November 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
But why are they always headless :yuck::frustrated: it's so gross!!!!

He's always sooo proud too and we can't figure out if we should praise him on yell at him. On one hand, he's bringing us a gift and we should be thankful, but on the other hand, we don't want him murdering things!!!

This cat is so ...... 'slow' in more then one sense so I don't even know how he does it. I know it's him though because he has white fur and the lovely stains show up on him nice and bright... yucky yuck.

diandpat
November 29th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Kathryn, perhaps you could put a little bell on his collar and give the squirrel a fighting chance. I can't imagine anything your cat "ingests" while killing the squirrel can be very healthy.

That is honestly one habit I would want to break quickly...I don't like dead anything :sick:

Love4himies
November 29th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Snowball used to bring me headless mice for dinner. :laughing: They are just showing how appreciative they are to you for providing them a wonderful home.

luckypenny
November 29th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I think a 'warning' in the title would have been appropriate for some who wouldn't like to see this :shrug:.

I don't have cats...my dogs do this and, although I know it's instinctual for them, I do try to deter it. Both Lucky and Penny have gotten tapeworm from ingesting wild animals. In addition, it's somewhat traumatizing for skin kids (and me :o) to find their 'gifts.'

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't look at the squirrel long enough to notice it was missing anything. Poor little guy.

Mine only kill bugs. Except for once, Czarina was still outdoor and she came to me once outside with a pigeon:sad:

kathryn
November 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Kathryn, perhaps you could put a little bell on his collar and give the squirrel a fighting chance. I can't imagine anything your cat "ingests" while killing the squirrel can be very healthy.

That is honestly one habit I would want to break quickly...I don't like dead anything :sick:

I keep buying him collars, but he keeps loosing them :sad: That's why he is wearing a paper collar right now.

Wish the stupid cat would just stay in the house but he won't :mad: Escapes any chance he can.

Yeah, worms are a big problem in this house :yuck: I'm always deworming those darn kitties. Lucky I am at a shelter and get it for free or low cost.

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 03:32 PM
ewww :yuck:

I thought squirrels were faster than cats ? :confused:

I hope mine never bring me any mice that would come in the house :pray: just kill it and eat it but please don't tell mommy !!!

onster
November 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I used to see that a lot with my indoor-outdoor cat. Your lucky he doesnt present you with the innards :o

He looks mighty proud thogh.

Is it just me or was that a HUGE squirrel?

chico2
November 29th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Kathryn,you should have warned me it was a Squirrel:cry:well,it was my fault I should have known it would be an animal he brought to you.
My cats will chase a Squirrel,but are not interested in catching one.
I hope this Squirrel did not have babies,like the ones i have here now.
Here's Vinnie with a baby-Squirrel(there are 3 around),Vinnie did absolutely nothing,just sniffed him.

JennieV
November 29th, 2008, 05:52 PM
When I lived with my parents back at my teenage years, we had 2 cats...both were allowed out, both brought us gifts...Anything: mice, roaches (yes, big -ass ones) rats, once a live snake, a few times a bat...I have a pic somewhere of one of the kittehs and a bat in its mouth...:eek:

A nasty habit, but unfortunately, a natural instinct. As long as your cat will go out - it will hunt. May not always bring you stuff, but it will hunt.

kathryn
November 29th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Kathryn,you should have warned me it was a Squirrel:cry:well,it was my fault I should have known it would be an animal he brought to you.
My cats will chase a Squirrel,but are not interested in catching one.
I hope this Squirrel did not have babies,like the ones i have here now.
Here's Vinnie with a baby-Squirrel(there are 3 around),Vinnie did absolutely nothing,just sniffed him.

Why can't my cat be a nice kitty like your cat???? Why must my cat run out the door and murder little creatures ? :sad:

And yeah, I thought squirrels were faster then cats as well!

Just the look on his face when I came down this morning.. people weren't believing me when I said he looked all proud and stuff when he brought me dead things... so that's why I snapped a picture. YUCK YUCK YUCKKK

chico2
November 30th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Kathryn,don't blame Buddy,he's doing his duty,bringing you food..
Vinnie,Rocky and Chico are never outside alone,I will not let them catch anything,we've rescued several little mice over the years.
We were surprised too the way they reacted to the baby-squirrel,it seems they like to chase,but if the animal does not run away,the cats get confused:laughing: