Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Princess~Queen Cass still rocks at 7!

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Princess~Queen Cass woke up and found that she'd turned seven!

"Well, this deserves a party! A girl doesn't turn seven EVERY day, y'know!"

But before the party could start, the Hazel Run Mama made the Hazel Run Pack take their after-breakfast naps.

"Don't want any upset tummies, so I want you all to rest!"
"Okay, Mom!"

That didn't keep the Princess-Queen from opening her card while she waited:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Finally it was time for the festivities to begin.

The Pack ran out on the deck and waited patiently at the gate...
...and then thundered down the steps and across the yard to kick up clouds of dust under the Pines where the grass doesn't grow...

"Pffoooey! All that dust makes my ears itch!" complained the Princess~Queen.

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
First off was a perilous but oh-so-exciting hunt!

"There's a Villainous Mouse in the garden!!"

"Your Majesty, come help me look for the little Varmint!"

The Hazel Run Mama came out on deck bearing Kongs.

"Anyone want to play a Kong game?"

Villainous Mouse was forgotten...

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:02 PM
"First the Birthday Girl gets to play," smiled the HRM.

"Throw it for me, please, Mom..."
"...so I can retrieve it, over and over..."
"...and over till we're both exhausted!!" :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Finally, though, Her Royal Majesty took pity on her loyal subjects and allowed them to play a little, too.

"Aw, c'mon, Princess~Queen! Won't you share?!"

"Okay, King Ember, you can play, too..."
"...and anyone else who wants to can join in."

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM
As Princess~Queen Cass watched her subjects enjoying themselves in the yard she was distracted by a rattling sound behind her. The HRM had brought out the Bestest Birthday Toy Ever--the Kibble Kube! Roll it around and it drops delectable kibble here and there along the way.

The Princess~Queen is the best Kibble Kube Roller in the Pack!

"I command you to roll it into the yard!"

The HRM makes the first toss...
...and the Princess~Queen begins rolling Kibble Kube down the hill with the rest of the Pack following along, hunting for treats in the grass.

Eventually, Sheriff Cole tries his paw at Kibble Kubing.
"No, no, Sheriff! You can't chew on it. You have to roll it! Let me show you!"

kathryn
November 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Out of curiosity, what do people say when they've come over to your house to the first time? When I tell people how many cats I have they are like holy %^#$^#%@#$ but it's easier to hide kitties then doggies :laughing:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your doggy then! looks very good for her age ;)

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
A quick explanation and short demonstration later, and Sheriff Cole found himself rolling Kube along almost as quickly as the Princess~Queen could.

"Thanks, Your Majesty! You're a great teacher! This is easy!"

The Sheriff shared a little kibble with Princess Lil Belle.

Even after Kube was empty, the fun didn't end. The HRM tossed a handful of kibble out into the grass.

"Okay, everyone! Time for a Treasure Hunt!"

It was a yummy morning!

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:27 PM
After the Hunt was over, it was time for some rough-housing in the Side Yard.

"Think ya can take me, Punk!?"

In the free-for-all that ensued, even the Sheriff got rolled a few times.

And after a good chase-and-roll, there's nothing quite like nibbling on the juniper...:rolleyes:

"What the heck are you guys doing?" asked the HRM. :confused:

"Making our breath piney-fresh," barked Princess~Queen Cass.

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM
The sound of a diesel engine echoed across the yard. The cabin owner to the west was pulling out on his easement road.

"Is that Mr Raymond? Gotta go say 'hi' to Raymond!!"
The Thundering Herd headed for the deck.

"Mr Raymond! Mr Raymond! Where are you going? It's okay--we'll make sure everyone knows you're leaving!!" barked the overenthusiastic Pack.

Mr Raymond honked, waved, and drove off down the road. The Pack gradually fell silent.

Such an exciting day! So many suddenly tired dogs!

"Time to come in for naps," called the Hazel Run Mama.

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Not a moment too soon, either.

Warm sunlight and comfy beds in the living room beckoned. Pack members sprawled out, curled up, and snuggled in, each to his or her preference, and were soon snoozing. Gentle snores filled the air.

"Did you have a good party, Princess~Queen?" asked the HRM.

The Princess~Queen didn't answer. She was sound asleep, chasing Kibble Kubes in her birthday dreams...

the end

happy birthday, Princess~Queen Cass!

aslan
November 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Yay, yay,,, happy birthday princess queen Cass. lovely birfday pawty you had.

JennieV
November 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I got all teary-eyed towards the two last pics...they look so peaceful and happy!!!!

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Out of curiosity, what do people say when they've come over to your house to the first time? When I tell people how many cats I have they are like holy %^#$^#%@#$ but it's easier to hide kitties then doggies :laughing:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your doggy then! looks very good for her age ;)

We don't have a lot of company! :laughing:

But the people that do come are always warned first. The Pack can be...well...let's say "overwhelming" when people first arrive. :rolleyes: Thankfully, though, they settle down pretty quickly.

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks, aslan! They're all sleeping pretty good right now. :D

Jennie, it brings tears to my eyes, too... Once they settle down, I have to do housework... :yuck: That's enough to make anyone cry! :laughing:

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
happy birthday Cass !!!:lovestruck:

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/13.gif

What a pawty they had ! I can't believe each and everyone of them gets a card from the grandparents on their birthday :crazy: so nice of them !

I specially love when they're saying hi to mr.Raymond :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 09:58 PM
What a pawty they had ! I can't believe each and everyone of them gets a card from the grandparents on their birthday :crazy: so nice of them !

I specially love when they're saying hi to mr.Raymond :laughing:

And there's always a little something for them in the cards, too. :cloud9: Cass is feeling rich cuz she could go out and buy half a bag of dog food right now if she wanted to...and it would be hers...all hers!! :dog:

They love barking at Mr Raymond. Not sure what Raymond thinks about it, though... :o

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Auntie Frenchy. Cass sends a slobbery snuffly kiss...

Diamondsmum
November 28th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww Happy Birthday Cass !!!

Lovely Pawty I must say Diamond is Jealous!

She wants her 1st Barkday Pawty at your place HAzel

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Lovely Pawty I must say Diamond is Jealous!

She's certainly welcome to come. :D Unless it's during mud season! :eek: Nah...just checked your signature...mid-June should be okay! :thumbs up

She can even bring friends! Who'd notice a few more? :dog:

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM
And there's always a little something for them in the cards, too. :cloud9: Cass is feeling rich cuz she could go out and buy half a bag of dog food right now if she wanted to...and it would be hers...all hers!! :dog:

Or ..... she could go to McDonald and treat herself to a couple of trio's :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Or ..... she could go to McDonald and treat herself to a couple of trio's :laughing:
Oy! I can smell the fragrant farts now!!! :eek: :p

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Oy! I can smell the fragrant farts now!!! :eek: :p

omg I didn't think about the farts ! Maybe you should send her to a healthier restaurant , sorry Cass !!!

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 10:39 PM
omg I didn't think about the farts ! Maybe you should send her to a healthier restaurant , sorry Cass !!!

Olive Garden :cloud9: Oooooo...we haven't been to an Olive Garden since we moved out here and acquired a Pack. :o

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Olive Garden :cloud9: Oooooo...we haven't been to an Olive Garden since we moved out here and acquired a Pack. :o

:laughing: it's been a long time for me too , I would actually be afraid to go , don't remember how to handle myself in a restaurant :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 10:45 PM
:laughing: it's been a long time for me too , I would actually be afraid to go , don't remember how to handle myself in a restaurant :laughing:

:laughing: hubby always did claim that he could dress me up but still was never comfortable taking me out in public! :laugh: madame hazel's Rules of Etiquette are just a tad unorthodox. :o

Diamondsmum
November 28th, 2008, 10:53 PM
LOL you too

I am laffing so hard i iz crying

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Aw, I'm not sooo bad, though. I don't usually empty the whole restaurant...just the tables close to us. :o

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 10:59 PM
:laughing: hubby always did claim that he could dress me up but still was never comfortable taking me out in public! :laugh: madame hazel's Rules of Etiquette are just a tad unorthodox. :o

:laughing: same here , last week , I went to a small store we have here , all products from our area. Mostly cheese. There was just one customer and myself. The owner made us taste jam .... and I used the same spoon to taste the second sample .... the other lady customer saw me do it and laugh while she said : omg she used the same spoon.

I went :o :sorry:

I think I hang out too much with my fuzzbutts :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Aha!! The Double-Dipper strikes again! :laughing:

If it had been madame hazel, most, if not all, of the jam would have ended up on my shirt before it reached her mouth! :o

Mat&Murph
November 28th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Happy Birthday Cass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* You look great!!!

The story of Cass's bday party was GREAT!! You guys are adorable!!
For the record ladies, my hubby won't take me out either cause no matter what I do I always end up with Mastiff drool on my leg befor I go out the door. lol:laughing::D

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 11:31 PM
:laugh: And I thought I had it bad with setter slingers and setter fuzz! :D I think Mastiff drool would trump all that! :laughing:

Oh, and Cass barks a hearty 'Thank you!' :dog:

luckypenny
November 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM

I want my next party at Hazel Run :goodvibes:. I'll even share the kibble and Kong too :D.

Happy 7th Birthday Princess Queen Cass!!!

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Aw, thanks, Auntie LP! :dog:

If you come, you get your own kibble and Kong. :D Auntie Frenchy will have to share with everyone else, though, because I understand she's a double-dipper anyway and won't mind. :laughing:

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 12:00 AM
:laughing:

but if you used the same spoon for another jam , it's still called double dipping ? :o

But yes , I would probably be comfier eating my meal in the pack's company , they won't judge me :laughing:

luckypenny
November 29th, 2008, 12:02 AM

but if you used the same spoon for another jam , it's still called double dipping ? :o

It's called "gross." :laughing: :p

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 12:03 AM

That, too!

:laugh:

krdahmer
November 29th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Happy Birthday Pretty Lady!!! :lovestruck: I looooove the aftermath naps!!! They look completely zonked! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Yes....they were little :angel:s tonight :cloud9:

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 12:23 AM

That, too!

:laugh:

But but , I licked the spoon real clean :laughing:

but really , I reeeeally didn't think about it , I just did it :o I know it's wrong :yell:

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Yes....they were little :angel:s tonight :cloud9:

Because they're all sleeping ? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 12:25 AM

Well, that's okay then. As long as you licked it really clean! :laugh:

I want to know what happened to the tainted jar of jam? She should have given it to you as a present! :D

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Because they're all sleeping ? :laughing:
Yeah, exactly! :p

growler~GateKeeper
November 29th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Happy belated 7th Birthday Princess~Queen Cass!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

Love the "think you can take me punk" pic :laughing: so much fun those pups have :cloud9: :lovestruck:

But but , I licked the spoon real clean :laughing:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

14+kitties
November 29th, 2008, 08:06 AM
:party::party:Awww Happy Birthday Princess Queen Cass! :cloud9: I'm sorry I missed it. It sure looks like you had a wail of a time though! :party::party:

chico2
November 29th, 2008, 08:50 AM
What a wonderful little story to read and see early morning:thumbs up
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A BEAUTIFUL LADY!I too got a little teary-eyed,but only because they are all just so incredible,mom and dad are not too bad either:laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks, growler, 14+ and chico! Cass wants to have another party today but the rest of the Pack is still tired from yesterday! :dog: She's our oldest but she's showing them all that she's still got it! :D So full of herself! :laughing:

Mat&Murph
November 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Cass is just showing the young pups how to really party!! They will catch up to her yet:D Glad she had a good bday!!!!:lovestruck:

diandpat
November 29th, 2008, 01:44 PM
What a bunch of wonderful pictures. I just LOVE when your dogs have birthdays :cloud9:

Tell me, with all those sleepy heads, do any of them snore??? lol

They all look so peaceful at the end of the party!

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 01:50 PM
What a bunch of wonderful pictures. I just LOVE when your dogs have birthdays :cloud9:

Tell me, with all those sleepy heads, do any of them snore??? lol

They all look so peaceful at the end of the party!
Thanks, diandpat. I love birthdays around here, too...which is a good thing considering there are nine of them to keep track of in the house! :D

All of them snore now and then, but the littlest one is the loudest snorer! :laughing:

Cass's birthday is the last one of the year. :sad: Our next one isn't until May 22. That will be Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie's birthday, and she's hoping that it's really muddy that day! :cloud9: The Hazel Run Mama, on the other hand, is hoping that Mud Season will be over by then. :o

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Cass is just showing the young pups how to really party!! They will catch up to her yet:D Glad she had a good bday!!!!:lovestruck:

She's just a partay animul!! :laughing: She got to go for a ride with Dad this morning, too, so now she figures she's really hot stuff. :D (And she is, cuz she's the best Princess~Queen ever! :cloud9:)

rainbow
November 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I missed it too :sad: and I even knew it was yesterday :o .....sorry I forgot. :o

Belated Birthday Greetings :lovestruck: Beautiful Cass :lovestruck:

I loved the rough housing and free-for-all pics :thumbs up and, of course, the snoozing pics :cloud9: but my fave was saying goodbye to Mr. Raymond .....too cute. :lovestruck:

I was also amazed at how well all eight of your fuzzbutts play with a kibble roller......no way will my TWO share one. :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM
You'll notice Brier is not in the toy or Kibble Kube pics. :frustrated: He's fine until someone gets in his personal space...found it out the hard way. So now when the toys and the kibble come out, he gets a Kong and a lonely stay in the Side Yard, watching all the action from the gate (and barking his head off... :rolleyes:) The others get along great, though--never a growl or an argument (knock on wood, :fingerscr, :goodvibes:, kiss a toad...oh, wait, they're all hibernating now! :eek: Uh-oh...I can't complete my anti-jinx ritual! Now hazel is in trouble! :o)

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Oh, and Cass thanks you for the birthday wishes. :cloud9: She's very proud of being seven! It's a lucky number, y'know... :dog: :D