Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What a day.

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I was supposed to have the whole day off today, but I had to go into work to get my paycheck. I braved Target because I absolutely needed litter today. Luckily I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, which was great. I changed two of the gangs litter boxes. While I don't like covered boxes too much, I found these boxes that are pretty large and high. I'm trying to cut down on the tracking in the kitchen and the living room. I left the upstairs box under the bathroom vanity open air.

I have my eye on a litter box that has a filter in it and cleans the air inside the box, but its $100. I'd like to accustom the gang to the covered box because when I have the cash, I'd like to get them the filtered one. They all don't seem to have any issues with the covered box as of yet. I've had one in for about 2 weeks. I clean their box daily so the smell isn't too bad in there.

I got the gang their food too so this weekend I don't have to get in my car for anything.

I'm really at a loss though because I found another bald patch on Vlad, this time around his neck, like just above his shoulder blade. :yell: What is that? The doctor already said the tests she did came back negative so it's not a fungus. I'm really worried. The only thing I can think of at this point is maybe it's Oksana swatting at him when he tries to mess with her. I do see tufts of hair whenever I get to the scene. :confused:

In other news, Czari has turned into the biggest lap kitty:laughing: Little Queenie, it seems, is a big cuddle bug.

I'm going to load some pictures this weekend of her on my lap and the stockings are all hung up, so I'm looking forward to filling those up for them.

14+kitties
November 29th, 2008, 07:44 AM
You had a busy day sounds like. Me - I worked. Was supposed to be a day off but got called in.
Hubby wants to know if those litter boxes are guaranteed? :laughing::laughing: He has a nose that can unerringly smell kitty urine where none exists but he can't smell his own unique "odours". :o

Bald patches I would think is rough play. Maybe you notice them on Vlad because he is black. I bet you haven't seen any on Oskana. She wouldn't put up with it! Nope, not at all!! :cloud9:

I always figured once Czari got comfy she would become a great kitty! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2008, 09:31 AM
14+, I'm getting the feeling it's Oksana that's the cause of those bald patches. She really doesn't put up with his bullying at all. Sometimes I'll hear her get particularly loud, and that's when I come down and see little black tumbleweeds. I feel sorry for him, but he just doesn't learn when it comes to her. It's the way you approach her and he doesn't approach her correctly.

Once I get one of those air filter boxes, I'll post my findings. I hope they work, because I do have to keep one box in the kitchen.

Czari loves sitting with me. She'll do it for a bit then go off and lay on the big chair, but she's so far a cuddler.:D