-->

Police Hunt Cruel Culprit Who's Decapitating Cats

Diamondsmum
November 27th, 2008, 07:10 PM
:sad: DISGUSTING!!!!!! <How many possibly lost cats.. have ended up like this

Police Hunt Cruel Culprit Who's Decapitating Cats
Thursday November 27, 2008
CityNews.ca Staff
The following story contains details that may be disturbing to sensitive viewers. Discretion is advised.

Durham Police are dealing with a disgusting and disturbing case in Oshawa that begins and ends with just one question: who is deliberately decapitating cats in the city?

The first crime surfaced on October 1st at a park near Harmony Road North and Adelaide. Investigators received a call about a shocking sight: someone had deliberately killed a cat, severed its head and legs from its body and cruelly left it on display near a playground area, where young children might have seen it.

A few weeks later, they received a similar report. It was October 25th, when a resident talking a walk in a different park, this one near Highgate and Central Park, was stopped short by another terrible discovery. They spotted the remains of a lifeless grey tabby with green eyes and a bright pink flea collar. Someone had killed the innocent animal and left its body behind to be found by a passer-by.

It's two incidents too many for police, who are appealing for any information about the killer as well as either cat's owner. Cops fear there may be more cases they don't know about and want to stop this cruel culprit before he or she strikes again.

It's impossible to say what's going on here, but studies have shown that budding serial killers often begin their reigns of terror by mutilating and killing defenceless animals. No one's saying that's what's going on here, but police would like to find the person responsible, ask them some pointed questions and possibly get them some help.

If you know who might be behind these acts or if your pet is missing, call Durham Regional Police at 1-888-579-520 ext 5200 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477

Mat&Murph
November 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
OMG that is awful!!!!!!! I hope they catch the sick:censored::censored:

happycats
November 28th, 2008, 07:11 AM
:evil:OMG!!! I have not heard this, and I live in Oshawa!! That shows how concerned they are, it's not even in our paper :mad:

I hope they catch the sick F*&K who is doing this, and give him/her/them a good a$$ kicking!!!

Diamondsmum
November 28th, 2008, 12:06 PM
What upset me .. is that kiiji has a lost Tabby with Pink flea collar posted..

How do you tell the owner that it could be there cat?

Love4himies
November 28th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Oh my, DM, that would be hard. I wonder if contacting the local shelter with a copy of the article and kijiji ad, maybe they would be able to confirm and notify the people?

Diamondsmum
November 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
i thought about that but was also considering posting the article on kiiji...

esp if its not known about in Oshawa:sad::shrug:

Mat&Murph
November 28th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I saw a news report late last night from the Toronto news talking alittle about it. It said there were 3 cats killed this way!! In Oshawa. I also live in Oshawa and sometimes take my kids to the one park. What has the world come to?? Whoever is doing it is one SICK :censored::censored::censored:

Diamondsmum
November 28th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Just dispicable ... & breaks my heart :rip: poor kittys

krdahmer
November 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
:cry::sad:

Chris21711
November 28th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I read it in the T. Sun while I was waiting for my emissions test to be done, reading it I said out loud "Oh my God", the woman there asked what was wrong and when I told her she said the exact same thing. In the Sun it mentioned more than three cats. It is just so sad, so very sad :sad:

NoahGrey
November 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I say eye for an eye. Poor kitties RIP.

ACO22