Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

YAY it's here...

onster
November 27th, 2008, 06:39 PM
the new DSLR! :D I have no idea how to use it apart from the auto function and took these snaps with it. I love the colours and everything...oooh and the action shots.

Keep in mind I had no idea what I was doing and I just took it out of the box, charged the battery for 2 minutes and was snapping pictures as it was beeping low battery :crazy: but still me likes!!! Oh and I know everything is cropped weird....I need to practice actually looking in the viewfinder, :laughing:

onster
November 27th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Onnie looks like ET here

awww yawns

Onnie is so beautiful :lovestruck:

onster
November 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Oh and if anyone has any insight on what normal kitty/doggy teeth/gums should look like, please see this thread for me http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=701992#post701992

:o

hazelrunpack
November 27th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I see the third pic is of Bunduk the Mesmerizer!

"Look deep into my eyes... You're getting sleepy...your eyelids are getting heavy... You will fall into a deep restful sleep and when I pat you three times with my paw, you will get up, go to the cupboard and bring me a tasty treat..." *pat pat pat*

Oh, say, onster...great pics...but I gotta go. I have this sudden urge to find something yummy in the cupboard! :o

Chaser
November 27th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Wow, awesome pics! What camera did you get exactly? I'm saving up for a good one and love these shots....and knowing you did it with no clue how to use the features means it's "me-proof" as well!

onster
November 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
LOL ure too funny hazel...

Chase's mom...I used a Canon Rebel Xsi

Chris21711
November 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Try not to break it Onster, remember it is a pressie for DAD :D

jiorji
November 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM
omg that yawn shot is AWESOME!

oooohhhh brand new DSLR.............

...crap...now I have to whipe drool off my keyboard...:frustrated:

krdahmer
November 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
wow those shots are amazingly clear!!! helps when the subjects are so handsome too!!!;) :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Onster, Kr took the words right out of my mouth, those pictures look so clear and bright! Your guys look so handsome.

Schwinn
November 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM
LOVE the DSLR...and, like you, have no clue how to use all the features. We got ours because we wanted to be able to take good action shots. It was Halloween 2 years ago, and I took 47 pictures of Gracie...and 42 were either up her nose or the top of her head. "DAT'S IT!! WE'RE GETTING A NEW CAMERA!!" Mrs Schwinn mostly uses the auto feature, but as I'm learning the other stuff, I'm finding it addictive. I've been playing with shutter speed for different actions shots. That's the nice thing about digital, is you can play all you want and not worry about wasting film. The bad thing is when you can't through out all the pictures because you don't want to erase them. "But...but...it's a picture of my girls...I know it's blurry, but..." Yea, I think we're up to a few thousand now...

I know my local camera shop has a course on how to use the camera. I'm thinking about looking into it. You should, too. I think it's be so cool to be able to use all the features...properly.