Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

He won't go away!

ancientgirl
November 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I'm used to my boss hardly being in the office, I'm spoiled I know. He'll usually come in around 10:30 ish, be here for an hour, go have lunch, then spend most of the afternoon doing other things. He's a city commissioner so that takes up some of his time.

But for the last week and a half he's been here from 9:00 to 3:00 or 4:00! Gah!

He's here now, he's been here all day. It's driving me nuts! I'm not used to this.

It wouldn't be so bad if only I was busy, but I'm not. This is typically a slow time for us, and I'm more than caught up on my work. So I've been sitting in my office trying to just stay quiet, because he knows I don't have much to do and if he hears the keyboard he'll know I'm on the internet. That's one of the main reasons I haven't been on here much, because he won't go away!

He's with a friend in his office right now and the door is closed so that's the only reason I'm writing this.

Help! Make him go away!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!!

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
See if you can bribe his friend to take him out for a drink! :thumbs up :p

ancientgirl
November 25th, 2008, 02:26 PM
He went with his friend to the corner pharmacy. But he'll be back soon. I hate when he's here!:frustrated:

It's year end, I should be coasting and just farting around! This is very stressful you know.

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
It's year end, I should be coasting and just farting around! This is very stressful you know.

:laughing: An interesting take on work! :p

I wonder why he's at work so much lately? Think he lost his commissionership? :shrug:

ancientgirl
November 25th, 2008, 02:38 PM
:laughing: An interesting take on work! :p

I wonder why he's at work so much lately? Think he lost his commissionership? :shrug:

LOL, I look forward to this time of year being slow.

No, he's a commissioner for 4 years, and it's up for him in February. I hope he runs again!

He's back:yuck:

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Shhhhhhh....mum's the word, then...

Good luck AG! :p

bendyfoot
November 25th, 2008, 02:45 PM

lol, sucks to be you, poor ancientgirl!!!:grouphug::D:laughing:

aslan
November 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM
ag, put laxatives in his coffee, he'll leave right quick, shhhh.

bendyfoot
November 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
:laughing:

Love4himies
November 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM
ag, put laxatives in his coffee, he'll leave right quick, shhhh.

:evil::evil::evil: You are evil, aslan my kinda people.

My bosses office is just outside my cubicle so I have to be so careful too. The month of Oct and Nov he was away all the time so it was great :D

Mat&Murph
November 25th, 2008, 04:53 PM
lol I hate it when the boss hangs around!!!! It always happens when there is nothing to do and the day drags on longer!!! But if you were crazy busy you would never see him!!!! Good Luck!!:D

Dracko
November 25th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I live in Saskatchewan and my bosses are in Ontario and BC. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Aslan, sadly he's not a coffee drinker.:frustrated:

He wound up hanging around until I left. Oy, I'm hoping tomorrow is a short day for him and he doesn't hang around all day.

It's a short week, so tomorrow is my Friday. The last thing I need is for him to be putzing around the office.

I've just got nothing to do. Seriously, this time of year is really slow.

Karin
November 25th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I guess I'm lucky, when I come in to work, my boss leaves, when he returns, I leave. It's basically a two person office so I am his relief to get out of dodge. He hates being there but cut my hours a few months ago due to a decline in business. That hurt! But business is picking up...and I have an interview tomorrow for another job.

AG, if he loses his seat next year, will you still have a job? They are not easy to come by right now.

I consider myself lucky to be working anyhow, I get at least a dozen people a day looking for applications. Even the fast food places are not hiring. I have all the work search sites, (Florida State too) and I search them everyday, that's how I found the one I am going to tomorrow. I sent my resume online and got a quick reply to come in.

14+kitties
November 26th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I feel for you AG. Really I do. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Karin, I work in a two person office too, just my boss and I. I work for his private business, not for his city job. We're fine business wise, so right now I'm very happy to also be working. If he loses his seat it won't affect me, other than he'll be hanging around the office more.:frustrated:

I'm hoping today he won't hang out all day. I'm hoping to actually get paid today too. I usually get paid the 15th and 30/31st of the month, but since today is the last day before the TG holiday I'm really hoping we do paychecks, because I NEED TO GET SOME MONEY!

Karin
November 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Karin, I work in a two person office too, just my boss and I. I work for his private business, not for his city job. We're fine business wise, so right now I'm very happy to also be working. If he loses his seat it won't affect me, other than he'll be hanging around the office more.:frustrated:

I'm hoping today he won't hang out all day. I'm hoping to actually get paid today too. I usually get paid the 15th and 30/31st of the month, but since today is the last day before the TG holiday I'm really hoping we do paychecks, because I NEED TO GET SOME MONEY!

Whew! That's good news! I am sweating my job, my bosses wife's family is arriving from central america this weekend and he always gives hours to his step kids. So, I may be out.
I also get paid today and holidays to tend to through my direct deposit askew. Calling the bank as soon as I log off.

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Whew! That's good news! I am sweating my job, my bosses wife's family is arriving from central america this weekend and he always gives hours to his step kids. So, I may be out.
I also get paid today and holidays to tend to through my direct deposit askew. Calling the bank as soon as I log off.

That blows! You're his employee, and it's so unfair to you to give his step kids hours when it's taking those hours away from you.

*sigh* I'm not even getting paid today, so you are one up on me. Of course my boss doesn't have to worry about getting paid. He drew $6,500 last week, so um...he's good. Me? I'll be having toast tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Jim Hall
November 26th, 2008, 10:36 AM
hi ya ag thats it toast too bad you too far away i would invite you up

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks Jim. If I weren't so far, I'd show up!

At least the cats will have their Thanksgiving dinner. I bought them some Merrick Thanksgiving feast can's last time I went to buy their food. :D

aslan
November 26th, 2008, 10:45 AM
aaw ag that sucks, you don't have any friends or family there.

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Aslan, I do have friends and family here.

My dad is working, so he's not doing anything. My brother's wife and him are going to her families house and I don't want to have to field a million questions as to why I'm not eating turkey, while my SIL's dad is telling me stories about how he and his friends used to feast on cats in Cuba.

My friends are going to their respective significant other's homes and I'd have to be doing the same thing, minus listening to cat cuisine commentary.

So my idea was staying home with my gang.

HOWEVER!

The fact that I'm terrible with my finances and math turns out to be good this week! I've got $60 more dollars in my bank account than what I thought I had, which was 10 cents!

:laughing:

Sooooo...that means I CAN buy my box of Tofurkey Thanksgiving on my way home! Woohoo!

For days I'd been seeing my balance, which was $60.10. I didn't want to touch it because I paid with my debit card when I took Kiska to the vet last week. It happened to also be $60. I've been thinking it was taking them forever to charge my account, and now I looked at my bank statement online and it turns out I totally miscalculated. I looked and everything I needed to be paid had been paid and I've got a nice little surplus of $60.10

http://www.mundogasol.com/foro/banana.gif

Jim Hall
November 26th, 2008, 11:13 AM
all right found money!!1

turkey tofu ok ill remeber that when i am tempted for seconds

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM
OMG yes LOL. I'm so excited I just didn't expect that.

I can get some potatoes to make some mashed and some green beans and I want to get a piece of chicken so I can add it to the gangs food. I'll give them a small little bit of potato and green beans on their plate. No Tofurkey for them. I don't know if cats can eat tofu.

aslan
November 26th, 2008, 11:28 AM
oh yay ag i was so sad for you and no tofurkey.. hmmm quincy and bishop eat tofu and it doesn't bother them at all, don't know about cats tho. oh i'm so happy now that you're gonna have thanksgiving.:thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks Aslan. I'm happy for me too!:laughing:

I had been looking forward to that Tofurkey, and wanted to try it this year. I have a recipe for it, but since I saw the box with already made stuff and all the fixings I figured I'd buy that.

I've noticed Soy in some of the food and treats I have given my gang, and since that's what tofu is made from I'm guessing they can have a bite or two. :laughing: although, I can't guarantee they'll like it much.

aslan
November 26th, 2008, 11:34 AM
omg quincy loves it, grace gets it with her korean bbq and drool face just stares until he gets some.

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Really? I'm going to have to do some searching online to see if they can eat it. I wouldn't feed it to them much, but sometimes when I'm making some for myself I have to guard my plate like a hawk, because I'm afraid they might take something they can't eat.

And yes, they are THAT bold :laughing: So far, Oksana, Maks and Kiska have been known to actually take something off my plate. Vlad and Czarina stick their faces in my plate when I'm not watching and try to lick what I'm eating.:rolleyes:

aslan
November 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM
lol, try an 100lb golden wanting what you have, push, nudge, push, roooo

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 11:43 AM
:laughing: yeah you beat me. Fending off an 8 pound Kiska is preferable to fending off a 100 pound hungry pup.:D

Oh hey! I pm'd you a few days ago asking for some info! did you get it?

aslan
November 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM
i pm'd you back as far as i recall, i'll resend it tho, but you have to give me the same.:D

Jim Hall
November 26th, 2008, 11:54 AM
well dogs are stronger but at least you see them coming cats are way ssneakier manda and du just sit by us giving us the old sad nungry kittiy look

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Jim, I get those sad kitty eyes too. They look at me as if they'd hadn't had a decent meal in over a week, yet I feed them before I eat. They're little scavengers.:laughing:

Thanks aslan, I got it.

Karin
November 26th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Aw AG, sorry about your pay. That sucks for air. My monies were all there. so I stopped at a local grocery store for a few things. My son called while I was in there and I told him I'll have to call him as soon as I get to the car. (Reception is bad in there!) I was thinking I better hurry because I was suppose to call him Sunday & I forgot, he lives in Texas.
So I get to my car, put the grocery,s in the trunk and call him. The first thing he said was "Nice car you have there". OMG! He was standing 2 cars down with my grandson! I haven't seen them since....4 years ago after the hurricanes came through! He's out sneaking up on more folks then coming over hopefully to stay the night. He has to be back in Texas Friday night for work so it's just a short visit...this just made my whole year!

*Doing the snoopy dance*

AG, I found that most truck stop restaurants serve great Thanksgiving buffet's very & are very inexpensive. For three years in a row my family & I use to meet at one for the holiday dinner, couldn't beat the price and no clean up!

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM
What a great surprise for you!

I managed to pick up my tofurkey meal and later I'll go across he street and get some rice, which I forgot to get.

I know lots of people that just go to a restaurant.