Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Custard Needs A Home

poodletalk
November 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Custard was rescued from the streets of Montreal with her four kittens last week. Custard has been vet checked, she's healthy and she will be getting sterilized very shortly. Custard needs a patient home, where she can overcome her shyness and trust again.

Custards kittens are about 8 weeks old, they already had their vaccinations, dewormed and they will be sterilized when there older. The kittens are available for adoption, pictures to comes later but to give you an idea what they look like, one kitten is all black, one kitten is white with orange spots; two are calicos.

Custards foster family, can't keep her for much longer, we are looking for someone to give Custard her forever home. If you would like to have more information about Custard, please PM me.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/smoochyourpoochs/190.jpg

BenMax
November 25th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Poodletalk I was going to cross post this cat. Is this cat with your organization? If so, I will go no further. Please advise soonest. Thanks.

phoozles
November 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
What a sweetie - she looks like a kitten herself :sad:
Hopefully she'll find a forever home soon. :fingerscr

chico2
November 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Bump!!! What a pretty girl:pray:her and her babies will get a good home:goodvibes:

Love4himies
November 25th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I hope she finds her forever home soon, she is so pretty. :lovestruck:

Dracko
November 25th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Wow she is just beautiful!!! Wish I didn't live so far away.

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Custard is beautiful, poodletalk. :goodvibes: for a furever home being found for her soon!

Frenchy
November 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
:eek: omg a tortie ! :lovestruck:

14+kitties
November 25th, 2008, 10:16 PM
:cloud9: What a cutie! Love that face. :cloud9:
Didn't we have a certain French lady not so long ago saying she wanted to adopt a tortie? :rolleyes:
I hope she finds her forever home soon!
Too bad a cross country delivery can't be done with Custard like it was with the pittie last week. Then Drako could add one more. :)

Dracko
November 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I seriously would try to adopt this cat if she was closer. She is simply stunning with her coloring.

clm
November 26th, 2008, 05:40 AM
She's beautiful.
Is she as petite as she appears in that photo? She looks like a real dainty little girl.
I hope she finds a wonderful home soon.

Cindy

poodletalk
November 26th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Yes, she's very tiny, when she was finally caught and brought inside all she did was sleep. She had it tough outside, protecting her kittens from the other outdoor cats, she was a great Mom and now she needs to find a wonderful home.

I have another picture of her, I had problems uploading it yesterday, I will try again later this afternoon. (I have a busy morning at work today)

Is there a certain French lady who's looking to adopt a tortie? Let me know...no pressure though.

14+kitties
November 26th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Drako - I agree she is gorgeous! The markings on her face are very unique. She would fit in with your gang quite well. :thumbs up
Poodletalk - I think our lady was talking a little further down the road. I know she really wants a tortie though.
Heck! I would take her if I had the room. :cloud9: She is a beautiful girl.
I get so ticked at people for doing this to their "beloved" pets!! It makes your heart break a little more each time. But then when they get adopted to truly loving homes it helps to heal those breaks.
Keep up the wonderful work Poodletalk!! :highfive:

poodletalk
November 26th, 2008, 07:15 AM
OK 14+kitties, thank-you for letting me know about our certain French Lady! I would take Custard in a minute, but I really can't trust my dog around cats.

:offtopic:14+kitties, do you remember the kittens that my dog found trapped in a hole? Well, they have all been adopted and I think this Thursday or next Thursday they get sterlized!:thumbs up

Back to Custard, for the Montrealers who have co-workers, friends and family looking to adopt a cat, please show them Custards picture. The foster family really can't keep her for much longer.

Dracko, I wish you lived closer too!

krdahmer
November 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
:goodvibes: she finds her forever home soon! :pray:

14+kitties
November 26th, 2008, 01:49 PM
:offtopic:14+kitties, do you remember the kittens that my dog found trapped in a hole? Well, they have all been adopted and I think this Thursday or next Thursday they get sterlized!:thumbs up
Dracko, I wish you lived closer too!

Fantastic news!!!! :highfive: I was going to pm you about them. That is marvelous!!! You guys do such great work!!!! I am sure they will be happy in their new furever homes. :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 26th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Didn't we have a certain French lady not so long ago saying she wanted to adopt a tortie? :rolleyes:

I do I do !!!! :cloud9: omg she's such a cutie !!!

Poodletalk - I think our lady was talking a little further down the road. I know she really wants a tortie though.

Yes , my budget doesn't allow me to adopt right now :sad:

Please Poodletalk , tell me Custard is a BAD girl with other cats and dogs :laughing:

poodletalk
November 26th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Please Poodletalk , tell me Custard is a BAD girl with other cats and dogs

I'm not sure how she is with other cats and dogs, I would have to ask her foster mom that question.
Right now, she needs a home with someone who would be patient with her and let her come around at her own
pace.

Dracko
November 26th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I do I do !!!! :cloud9: omg she's such a cutie !!!

Yes , my budget doesn't allow me to adopt right now :sad:

Please Poodletalk , tell me Custard is a BAD girl with other cats and dogs :laughing:

Frenchy I know this might be a little unconventional but if $ is what is holding you back right at this point I would be happy to do my part in helping an animal out and pay all the adoption costs for you to adopt Custard and get things started off with food, etc. She is simply stunning and in a second I would take her in if I lived closer. You can PM me if you are interested at all. Not sure if that is the only thing holding you back from being able to adopt right now.

14+kitties
November 27th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Drako - you are amazing!!
I am continually surprised at the generosity shown on this site! I am completely in awe of a group of people who would give so generously to help another one of their members. :highfive: and :grouphug: to you all!!

Frenchy
November 27th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Frenchy I know this might be a little unconventional but if $ is what is holding you back right at this point I would be happy to do my part in helping an animal out and pay all the adoption costs for you to adopt Custard and get things started off with food, etc.

Wow Dracko , that is so nice of you ! :2huggers: I was mostly worried about the what if she needs expensive vet care ....

I did "apply" to adopt her. But like I suspected , I'm not the best family for her , there's too many pets here and Custard needs a calmer family.

I'm sad for me but glad that Custard has a foster family that is looking for HER best interest , like it should be :thumbs up

so bump bump , Custard is still looking for her forever family , one without too many pets , so she could relax and get more attention / affection. :goodvibes: :fingerscr

14+kitties
November 27th, 2008, 10:24 PM
so bump bump , Custard is still looking for her forever family , one without too many pets , so she could relax and get more attention / affection. :goodvibes: :fingerscr

:laughing::laughing: Guess I can't have her then!
Seriously, I hope Custard finds her furever home very soon. :fingerscr

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Custard is coming here for a trial period :crazy:

I already set up everything for her in the guest bedroom (litter, bowls,toys,blankies) where she will stay for a few days , I will only let her come out with the gang after a few days , and only for a couple minutes at a time.

:fingerscr hope it works out ! :goodvibes:

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Poodletalk , the pictures you sent of my fuzzbutts did it for the foster mom. :thumbs up

thanks so much for all your help :grouphug:

poodletalk
November 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM
WHAT!!! When did this happen, it's ALL news too me!!!!

Don't thank me Frenchy, thank-you for fostering her!

Frenchy
November 28th, 2008, 08:25 PM
WHAT!!! When did this happen, it's ALL news too me!!!!

Don't thank me Frenchy, thank-you for fostering her!

:laughing: I was e-mailing back and forth with the foster mom "helper" and it seems she knows me , well , she knows Nelly :laughing: and have heard about me and Nelly :) so I think she talked to the foster mom , who called me when I got home and she would love it if Custard could stay here , so it's a trial adoption. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Oh, how cool is that!?! :thumbs up

How exciting! :grouphug:

luckypenny
November 28th, 2008, 11:01 PM
:goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Great news!!

clm
November 29th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Well, isn't that great news. If she's skittish, it might take a little while for her to come around, but you're one of the best animal people there is, if anyone can do it you can. She'll be ruling your household in no time. :laughing:

Cindy

14+kitties
November 29th, 2008, 06:47 AM
:thumbs up:cry: Thank you Frenchy! :grouphug:

chico2
November 29th, 2008, 07:20 AM
OMG Frenchy,you are just too much:grouphug::grouphug:
If she is too skittish you might have a situation like Ancientgirl did,but it all ended great,no guests in the guest-room though for a while:laughing:except for a beautiful little girl.
I sooooo hope it will work out:fingerscr:goodvibes::pray::cat:
Hopefully Monsieur and Paddy will behave themselves:fingerscr

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM
She's here she's here ! :crazy: and even more beautiful in person ! I thought she would hide (she can go under the bed or in the closet where there's a small shelter just for her) but nope , she's on the desk , resting. :thumbs up Paddy was at the door meowing earlier. It's nice that there's a crack under this door so they will be able to smell each others. I also put the cats blankie in there so she can get use to their smell. We'll take baby steps with her. :cat:

hazelrunpack
November 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Wow, that was quick! :D So when do we get pics?

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, that was quick! :D So when do we get pics?

Maybe tomorrow but right now , I leave her be. I went to give her some water , got near her and she hissed. That's ok , she just got here ! I can't wait to pet her , oh and , she has extra thumbs :crazy:

rainbow
November 29th, 2008, 03:05 PM
OMG, Frenchy....I just found this thread and you are awesome to give her a home. :angel:

She is gorgeous :lovestruck: and, from the sound of things, she will soon be playing with all your other fuzzbutts. :cloud9:

14+kitties
November 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Aww Frenchy, I am so happy for you!! And so very happy for ummm Custard? ;) It's nice she doesn't feel she has to hide. Hopefully it won't be long before she joins in with the rest of the :crazy: bunch. Kudos to you my friend for taking another one in. :thumbs up:grouphug:

onster
November 29th, 2008, 03:09 PM
awww frenchy!!!

thats so awesome. She is gorgeous. I cant wait till she's integrated with the gang and we get pics :cloud9:

extra thumbs eh? so if anybody messes with her she get them reaaaal good :laughing:

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Aww Frenchy, I am so happy for you!! And so very happy for ummm Custard? ;)

:D I'm waiting to see if the name I have for her will fit her personality :cat:

14+kitties
November 29th, 2008, 03:15 PM
:D I'm waiting to see if the name I have for her will fit her personality :cat:

:thumbs up Good idea!

aslan
November 29th, 2008, 03:16 PM
hmmm aren't kitties with extra toes called Hemingways or polydactle

poodletalk
November 29th, 2008, 03:18 PM
:highfive::crazy: Yeah, she's there!!! I think her kittens have extra thumbs as well!!!

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
:highfive::crazy: Yeah, she's there!!! I think her kittens have extra thumbs as well!!!

If they look like mom , they must be sooo cute :cloud9:

poodletalk
November 29th, 2008, 03:23 PM
No, they don't but there still cute! Two of them are calico's semi long fur; one is jet black and the other one is white with orange spots.

chico2
November 29th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Oh Frenchy,what can I say,you are amazing:grouphug:

Frenchy
November 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Oh Frenchy,what can I say,you are amazing:grouphug:

Naaaa , I needed a girl to control the boys :laughing: the foster mom did all the hard work. :angel:

diandpat
November 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
She is a beauty for sure...must seem weird having a multi colored minou with two relatively solid ones already. Needless to say, a perfect addition to the beautiful family :highfive:

Enjoy Frency, you're a true :angel: for all these wonderful souls :cloud9:

JennieV
November 29th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Awe Frenchy!! you are an :angel2:! She will come around in no time, I am sure!

Such great news!!!

Winston
November 30th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Frenchy! congrats on your new additon! I hope she comes around quick!

How is she today?

Cindy

Frenchy
November 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Frenchy! congrats on your new additon! I hope she comes around quick!

How is she today?

Cindy

Thanks Cindy , Custard has been eating , drinking and has used her litter , so far so good ! She has also switched desk to lay on. I find is pretty good that she is not hiding in the closet (I left it open) or under the bed. Of course if I get too close she hisses at me.

I think the lady who "caught" her from the streets , had her inside her house for a week , and Custard would go and see her late in the evenings and let her pet her. But she had been feeding her outside for months. So here , this might take longer because she doesn't know me.

I go and sit on the bed and talk to her , will do this for a couple times a day. She's so cute I just want to hug and kiss her but if I do this right now , I might end up disfigured :laughing:

poodletalk
November 30th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Custard only started coming the area in August, I think she was moving day dump. The neighbours started feeding her immediately, she had it tough outside protecting her kittens from the other outdoor stray cats.

Did I tell you, Lola, one of her calico kittens was adopted! The neighbour who was feeding Custard and her family along with the lady who caught her adopted her.:lovestruck:

chico2
November 30th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Frenchy,I honestly thought I'd never see the day when you would have a cat,much less 3:laughing:but it's a good thing:lovestruck:

Frenchy
November 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Did I tell you, Lola, one of her calico kittens was adopted! The neighbour who was feeding Custard and her family along with the lady who caught her adopted her.:lovestruck:
That is nice of them :thumbs up
Frenchy,I honestly thought I'd never see the day when you would have a cat,much less 3:laughing:but it's a good thing:lovestruck:

:laughing: I needed a little kittie girl :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 30th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Glad she's settling in so well. Won't be too much longer and you'll be holding her in your lap! :cloud9:

rainbow
November 30th, 2008, 02:56 PM
OMG.....haven't you changed her name yet? :yell:

14+kitties
November 30th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Wow!! And people say I'm pushy!!! :p :laughing::laughing:
I hope Custard is doing well today Frenchy. :thumbs up

rainbow
November 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I hope "C" is doing well today too. :goodvibes:

But I bet she's come around alot faster if she had a pretty name. :D

14+kitties
November 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
See, it doesn't matter what she calls her right now. They are both "C". She might end up calling her Cee. :D Or maybe CeeCee. :shrug:

rainbow
November 30th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Oh, CeeCee is pretty and Frenchy was thinking of Charlotte too ......I like both those names. :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Ohoh, thought that was a secret. :o But I guess Frenchy was talking about it last night in the TJT so nothing is secret anymore.
I kinda like CeeCee too. Has a French ring to it.

Frenchy
November 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM
CeeCee ? :laughing:

I tried to approach her but she hissed and growled and was about to bitch slap me so I backed off :D

poodletalk
November 30th, 2008, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE] about to bitch slap me so I backed off [/QUOTE

That's so funny!:laughing:

Frenchy
November 30th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Monsieur le chat loves to bitch slap the dogs , he goes on the kitchen island for better access :laughing: he never uses his claws .... but Charlotte didn't have the "let's have fun" look :D

It's ok , we'll take our time. :cat:

rainbow
November 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
CeeCee ? :laughing:

But it's better than Custurd :D

I tried to approach her but she hissed and growled and was about to bitch slap me so I backed off :D

:laughing:

Monsieur le chat loves to bitch slap the dogs , he goes on the kitchen island for better access :laughing: he never uses his claws .... but Charlotte didn't have the "let's have fun" look :D

It's ok , we'll take our time. :cat:

So, is it really 'Charlotte' now? :fingerscr :D

My Jasmine does that to the dogs too every morning and night when I'm preparing their food. :rolleyes:

Frenchy
November 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM
So, is it really 'Charlotte' now? :fingerscr
probably
My Jasmine does that to the dogs too every morning and night when I'm preparing their food. :rolleyes:

Does she do like Monsieur le chat ? Does she say "who's your daddy" while she's doing it ? :laughing:

Ford Girl
December 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Awww, she's too cute. Another kitty saved by wonderful people.

Frenchy
December 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I am sorry to say that it didn't work out at my home for Custard. She needs a place where she can come and go , and get use to her surroundings and to her new family. She was being kept in a bedroom here and that didn't help her to get comfy , I was never able to approach her. :sad:

She got spayed today , and will be looking for her forever family.

clm
December 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I'm sure she'll find the right home Frenchy. She may settle down a lot after getting spayed too.

Cindy

14+kitties
December 18th, 2008, 09:11 PM
:grouphug: for you Frenchy. Don't you dare feel bad about this. It is not your fault it didn't work! Sometimes it's just not met to be.
You will get your calico girl sometime. I can feel it. :thumbs up

I am sure Custard will find her forever home soon. Getting fixed and recouping is the first step.

chico2
December 19th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Awww Frenchy,these things happen and there is nothing you can do about it,you tried your best,don't feel bad:grouphug:
She probably needs a home with no other animals,or maybe just one other cat:fingerscr

Love4himies
December 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Boy am I ever in the dark, I didn't know you had Custard :loser:. Cats are funny creatures and you never know if things will work out until after you get them home. You did your best :grouphug:.

Frenchy
December 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Poodletalk just informed me that Custard has find a new family ! :thumbs up

rainbow
December 21st, 2008, 11:40 AM
YAY for Custurd :highfive: but I sure hope they change her name. :o

Frenchy
December 21st, 2008, 11:42 AM
YAY for Custurd :highfive: but I sure hope they change her name. :o

:laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well, that's good news!! :highfive:

chico2
December 21st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Frenchy,that's great news,I hope she behaves herself.so they'll keep her:fingerscr