Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am so nervous.. dog surgery..

maneater
November 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
On dec 4th my chi is getting fixed. I thought i would be fine with it but she is only 2.3 pounds. I have tried to read some stuff on line to see about the different risks with small dogs. she is 6 months old. I have no intent on breeding her since she is so small and all the risks involved with small dogs and breeding i just want a family pet. I just don't want anything to happen to her. I know their are more risk's involved with small dogs but has anyone ever had their small dog put under maybe you can ease my mind a bit???? Her vet is is amazing and i am not worried that he is not skilled enough or anything like that i just am thinking the worst. I don't want anythign to happen to my daytona.

bendyfoot
November 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I've seen tons of tinies get spayed (and big 'uns and medium 'uns) and they've all been just fine. There's a risk with ANY surgery, but this one is about as routine as routine can be. Your vet has probably performed hundreds. She'll be fine.:D

BusterBoo
November 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I know it's hard not to worry (I am the worry Queen!!) but I am sure it will be ok. Your Vet will probably suggest bloodwork (which is optional) before the surgery, but I would recommend you get the bloodwork done. It's a good basis for your Vet to know your pup's health.

Good luck and got pictures???? :D

Mat&Murph
November 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I am also the worry wart!!!! I never sleep when my babies have to be put under. But take a deep breath and I am sure it will be fine!!! I agree with BusterBoo with the fact that your vet will want to do blood work and that is good so don't worry. All should be good!!! Good Luck and we are thinking of you. We need pictures!!:)

babymomma
November 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Myu yorkie girl got spayed on friday. I was sooooooooo stressed out. I went shopping while she was getting her surgery done and i broke down crying every now and then in the middle of the stores:o Keely was absolutely fine! A bit groggy at first. I thought the incision woud we like the lenghth of her stomach but its only about an inch long..lol.. This is day 4 and the icision looks Soo clean and it isnt red anymore. She is back to normal and wants to be running aroiund. She Wants to go outside SOOOOOOOO bad (She loves hiking through the woods and chasing her GSD friend in the garden!) But of course, she cant do anything like that yet. She isnt trying to lick herself like she was for the first day or two. She doesnt even know she had surgery now. She has no pain. Your girl will be FINE!

Ill send you the link to my thrad about keely getting spayed! I was SOOO worried! And there is great info there for you to look at! :thumbs up

Link here------>http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58415