-->

puppymill demonstration

goober
November 23rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
november 27th 2008 12 noon 2001 ave mc gill collage

Approved by Admins

CClover
November 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
I'll do my best to be there at lunch time!

luckypenny
November 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Not to take away from the topic of the demonstration but, Goober, can you tell us more about the SPA Canada? Every time I ask at a kiosk, set up in Metros or on the street, for a website or a head office address or phone number, I'm never given one :shrug:, just told it's in Quebec :confused:. They ask for donations but don't seem to be a registered charitable organization either.

ETA: After reading the poster again, I just noticed mention of the recent puppymill dogs? How will they be on site? It's the Canadian SPCA, HSUS, and HSI responsible for the recent seizures; what role does SPA play?

There is also no listing for the phone number on the poster :confused:.

goober
November 23rd, 2008, 11:58 PM
hi there luckypenny
the email is spacanada@mail.com
phone # is 613 875 spa1

goober
November 23rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
please circulate this to your contacts even if you cant attend

luckypenny
November 24th, 2008, 12:36 AM
hi there luckypenny
the email is spacanada@mail.com
phone # is 613 875 spa1

But no website, no address, no registered charity number :o :shrug:. I've spoken with them before and was told someone would get back to me. No one did. I guess I'll try again.

ashtoreth
November 25th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Honestly I think the SPA is bogus :S I NEVER had any official information about them :S
not that I didn't ask either, always was answered...well nothing :S

BenMax
November 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
If there is no money involved nor donations asked for then what's the problem?

ashtoreth
November 25th, 2008, 10:59 AM
they do ask for donation, that's the problem, the one who asked money gave us a guilt trip because we didn't give any (honestly, I do give money, when I know where it goes, not when I have no idea and its all obscure :S)

BenMax
November 25th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Don't give the donation....I certainly do not. It should not hinder however a demonstration - it's free. My only concern is what 'level' of activism are they?

marko
November 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Please note that this is a busy board (and therefore subject to lots of spammers/scammers) and mods will delete fundraisers/petitions that don't ask for permission first.

In this case it was brought to my attention first and so I'll approve it....but please be aware of this for the future.

If members as a whole do conclude that this is a scam, please let me know.

Thx
Marko
ADMIN

ashtoreth
November 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM
well they tag along with PETA when asking for donation, which is alright, but PETA is also known to give money to a not so legal group of extremist (the kind who blow stuff up and destroy labs to save animals ye know?) I'm not too sure how to take that really
heh

goober
November 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
i myself have not had any contact with thig org so i cannot comment on there doings
but i am a strong believer that we all need to stand together to combat the issues of puppymills this demonstration is not set out in suport of this org but to try to get our voices heard i am sure we all want the same things
NO MORE PUPPY MILLS

goober
November 26th, 2008, 11:18 PM
:thumbs up

BPISS
November 27th, 2008, 08:56 AM
We all need to stand together to combat the issues of puppymills this demonstration is not set out in suport of this org but to try to get our voices heard i am sure we all want the same things
NO MORE PUPPY MILLS

Absolutely!!! I have no problem with the Messangers, I want thnis Message Heard Loud and Clear!!! NO MORE PUPPY MILLS.

I work very close to McGill College, I will be there

CClover
November 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I was there.It was cold ...About 60 ppl some dogs...
In french...
http://www.cnw.ca/en/releases/archive/November2008/27/c4834.html

badger
November 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Disappointing release: lots of plans, no money. They'll study it to death. The standards already exist, they only have to apply them hostie.

ILoveOnyx
November 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Hmmm. Dissapointed. I was there today, it's sad the stretches we have to go through to get people to notice this isn't cute and something has to be done.

For all you Montrealers, have you heard the petition that CJAD is making? I didn't hear it personally, I was wondering if anybody else heard of it?