Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Snow? Who cares....

krdahmer
November 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Look what I got to do inside.... SNUGGLE KITTENS!!!! These two are my inlaws new additions, Woody (sm all black) and Rufus (tuxedo).... they even slept with my and hubby and I got them out all the toys I have stashed here for when Fagan visits. I am trying to convince mommy-in-law to keep them strictly indoors, but they are a stubborn lot up here! :frustrated: Says she might let them out in the summer like all their previous cats (one of which was just killed on the road two years ago!:cry::yell:) All I can do is keep trying, I printed out a bunch of stats and info on why indoors is better and I'm gonna see if my dad will help make them a small cat tree for xmas. Anyhow... here's the cuteness....

Frenchy
November 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
I love the second pic where kitty is stretching :) so you're cat sitting ?

krdahmer
November 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
And this is the snow up here.... and one of the 'left behind' kitties, people do it all the time at the cottages down below.....just figure they'll fend for themselves over the winter till they get back. This one is totally feral now, but they've kept it fed the last two winters and he must have a good safe spot to stay warm cause he looks pretty healthy. As you can see they even snow blow the backyard to make sure the birdies get fed and that kitty can get here for food!:thumbs up

krdahmer
November 23rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Nope just visiting, heading home this afternoon to see my kitties!!! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
November 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
omg you guys have so much snow ! :eek:

krdahmer
November 23rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Ya they probably got like 3 feet from friday night to yesturday morning! :eek: I was afraid if it hadnt stopped I wouldnt be going home today!

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Kitties! :cloud9: Snow! :cloud9:

That's quite the stretch on Woody! :D

chico2
November 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
Dahmer:grouphug:to your parents for feeding that pretty orange kitty and:headslap:to those who leave a kitty behind:sad:
The 2 babies are adorable:lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
November 23rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Love the two babies. And look at the snow u guys have!! Wow! And that poor cat getting left behind. I'm so glad he has :angel: feeding him.

krdahmer
November 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM

:rolleyes: Thats what Buddy had to say...:o

It happens a lot up there, the inlaws house is lakeview... there is a street of lakefront cottages down below that hill there, the cottagers pack up to leave and don't bother waiting for their outdoor kitties to come back. :sad::frustrated: This isn't the first guy they've been feeding, or the last... I just can't believe anyone could be so heartless, or stupid. And the sad thing is they probably think it's ok to do because kitty is still there and fine when they come back the next summer.... but only because someone helps him out!

14+kitties
November 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM
So you made it home safely? Kids got here fine and back home too. Don't you just love winter? NOT! Hubby wants to take a drive "up North" to see how much snow OS has. I told him it's ok, we can keep our inch or two and I would be happy. Don't need to see any more snow.

krdahmer
November 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Just show him my pic... that's one night's worth looking out at Lake Huron...:rolleyes:

Driving wasn't actually too bad, the plows were right on top of it, and there was no wind thank goodness, if they get that kind of snow and it's windy all the highways get closed, and we get stuck!

14+kitties
November 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM

:rolleyes: Thats what Buddy had to say...:o

It happens a lot up there, the inlaws house is lakeview... there is a street of lakefront cottages down below that hill there, the cottagers pack up to leave and don't bother waiting for their outdoor kitties to come back. :sad::frustrated: This isn't the first guy they've been feeding, or the last... I just can't believe anyone could be so heartless, or stupid. And the sad thing is they probably think it's ok to do because kitty is still there and fine when they come back the next summer.... but only because someone helps him out!

Maybe someone (your inlaws) need to put posters up before the season starts next year telling people to take their kitties back home with them. They can put on the posters they are getting tired of feeding them all winter. Unfortunately that would just lead to more :loser:s leaving their cats behind. :sad: The human body can hold such stupidness.

phoozles
November 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Aww, cuddle kitties :lovestruck:
And that snow! :eek: We were supposed to have a big snow storm last week.. when I woke up the next morning, the little bit of snow that had been on the ground was gone! :D I wasn't disappointed :cool:

ancientgirl
November 24th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Aww, what a pair of little cuties! Maybe you should tell your MIL if she keeps them inside for the winter, just to pretend it's winter all year long. :D

That poor kitty outside :sad: At least he's getting food and has seemingly found some shelter if he's made it for the last two years.