- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Abby and Keeper . . . . . assorted

Rick C
November 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
A few from the last few days from the world of Abby & Keeper . . . . .

Snoozing on the couch while Rick and Carol watch the Flames beat the Avalanche!!!

Below, Keeper at Brown Lowry Park southwest of Calgary . . . . on windy days, we retreat to the forest here, in the foothills of the Rockies, near our home, where a walking circumference of the park takes a little over an hour and a half of up and down.

Below, Keeper gives herself a good scratch on the trail . . . . . her shaved parts are growing back vigourously and she's doing much better.

Below, Ice . . . .

And probably some mountainous adventure tomorrow . . .

Rick C

November 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
That first pic of Abby and Keeper is priceless :cloud9:

November 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
As always, awesome pictures!!!

Abby and Keeper snoozing together is the ultimate picture of peace... :angel:

November 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Keeper looks so happy to be back on the trails with you. :cloud9: What a content dog.
I have to go along with the others. That first picture!!! :thumbs up:cloud9::cry: Just tugs at the heart.

November 23rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
I'm so happy to hear that Keeper is doing so well!!! :thumbs up That first pic is GORGEOUS! And I always love your scenery. WOW.

November 23rd, 2008, 01:08 AM
OMG, I love that first pic of them together :cloud9:. The ice shot is also very cool :cool: and it is great to see Keeper looking so happy :lovestruck:.

November 23rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Oh that snuggly shot needs to be framed! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

November 23rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
omg I just love that first picture ! :cloud9:

November 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
They sure do snuggle nicely. :cloud9:

Beautiful pics as always, Rick! I love the ice shot, too. I love the weird patterns ice makes as it freezes and cracks.

Dog Dancer
November 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
I think it's all been said already. Great pics. The first is my favourite though. Still trying to figure out the ice shot. It's very cool (no pun intended).

November 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
They are beautiful. what kind of pups are they? Love the scenery too!

Debbie :)

Rick C
November 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
They are beautiful. what kind of pups are they? Love the scenery too!

Debbie :)

Abby and Keeper are golden retrievers . . . . . today they were up in the high country, a strenuous walk up some grassy slopes to a cliff. Very nice view of Calgary from up top, from the point just behind Abby.

Below, Keeper's neck/chest surgery to remove a cancerous growth is now two months old, her hair starting to grow back, but she's still patchy on her belly and rumpous. A few years ago, down this slope, we had a cougar encounter. Today, we were going uphill . . . . and Keeper had lots of energy, keeping up with Abby.

Rick C

November 23rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
Keeper looks great :thumbs up Yay for the energy to keep up w/Abby :highfive: Sounds like everything is going well in her recovery :goodvibes: :) :grouphug:

November 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
That first picture is beautiful!

Rick C
November 26th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Abby, listening intently for mice at sunset in the tall grass of her yard . . . .

Sidebar, curious horse on a frosty morning.

Rick C

November 26th, 2008, 11:54 AM
:laughing: Did she find any mice? That horse picture is beautiful.

November 26th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Again...gorgeous photos!:cloud9:

Jim Hall
November 26th, 2008, 12:25 PM
lol at keeper listening for mice

Rick C
November 26th, 2008, 01:57 PM
lol at keeper listening for mice

Abby is very, very patient listening for mice. It's a common thing to see her sitting out in the middle of the field, just sitting, sitting, sitting, listening patiently and then . . . . . the coyote pounce!!!

Both Abby and Keeper are very experienced killers. The pounce is very similiar to a coyote's, a leap high in the air and then down in an arc on a specific spot.

Here is a digitally altered painting of Keeper listening for mice on a snowy day:

Below, Abby sitting and listening. I had gently tapped the window with the camera to steady it, but she turned around and looked right at me . . . . even from that distance:

Another picture of Abby, getting ready to pounce . . . .

Rick C

November 26th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Abby & Keeper are so cute listening for mice :cloud9:

The horse is gorgeous too :lovestruck: