Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tigger the pittie

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Drove Tigger from Brockville to Belleville today, she was the first pit DH and I have ever met. :o

And I got attacked by a pittbull .......:yell:

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Muzzle that is. :D :laughing:

The dog, tigger, was a total mush love bug

This was the first transporter from Montreal SPCA, we met in Brockville, I am on the left. I knew when I saw Tigger she was a dream.

Next pic of Tigger wanting to get a move on, until she saw the lady from Montreal wasn't coming and then she started crying :cry:

Tigger thought she would copilot the drive :thumbs up :dog:

Chaser
November 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Maybe somebody should notify the lawmakers that it's the damn muzzles that are dangerous!

What a pretty girl :lovestruck:

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Once Tigger had the route under control, it was time for some spa facials for the humans helping her get to her forever home.

Frenchy you were 110% right, the hardest part was keeping Tigger from wanting to be on my lap, she thought she should be a lap dog even though she must weigh 80 lbs. If she couldn't be on my lap, she needed kisses and cuddles. Every once in a while she would cry, I would put my head close to hers, put my hand on the other side of her neck and she would lean on me, then relax. :cloud9: :lovestruck:, of course she ended the love session with a kiss. :dog:

DH was loosing concentration with the continous kisses (couldn't get pics, sorry :o). Took these thoughout the drive not knowing where I was pointing the camera, lol

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
More pics of the love bug

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Well after an hour and half, we finally see the Belleville sign and tigger decided she was pooped.

We stopped to meet our next transporter behind Petsmart. Perfect walking place for Tigger.

Dh had to walk her, boy is she ever strong.

This picture of her muzzled makes me sad. She didn't seem to mind it, I put it on loose so she could open her mouth a bit. I felt so sorry for her.:sad:

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
The transporter arrives and Tigger goes running, wahoo, tigger says somebody I know :dog: :dog: :dog: :lovestruck:. She got big kisses from tigger.

But that meant I had to say goodbye :cry:, the truck seemed so empty without her, she was an absolute doll. I just about cried when I looked at her through the window of the car. I wanted to take her home with me. The person who is adopting her is going to have a real sweetie.

Tigger: I hope you have a safe journey to Saskatchewan and the rest of life with a loving home, you deserve it girl.:grouphug:

luckypenny
November 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
You and your husband are amazing L4H :grouphug:. All those kisses from Tigger were 'thank you's' for helping her along in her journey :cloud9:.

Safe travels, Tigger.

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks LP, I think I am more thankful for being able to have this opportunity. I enjoyed my day sooooo much.

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
BTW, as we were leaving Belleville, DH ask what was the big deal about pitbulls, they are just the same as any other dog.

luckypenny
November 22nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
I think I am more thankful for being able to have this opportunity.

As was I when I had Emma. She was the first PitBull I ever got to know. And to be perfectly honest with you, it took me a few weeks to decide to foster her because of my ignorance :o.

I don't think we always help animals for the sake of helping them. They help us too.

Diamondsmum
November 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
awwww L4 what a sweetie!!! Lotsa kisses & cuddles I am sooo thankful she is on her way to a forever home.. That pic of her muzzled also made me cry.

What a beautiful girl!:cloud9:

Now how were the kittys with ya after returning home ?? Tigger smell & all:laughing:

MommaKat
November 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
I don't think we always help animals for the sake of helping them. They help us too.

That was really pretty LP, I liked that :p

L4H, I think it was wonderful that you and your hubby helped Tigger on her journey :angel: whoever is adopting her will be super lucky, I'm sure or it :thumbs up .

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
awwww L4 what a sweetie!!! Lotsa kisses & cuddles I am sooo thankful she is on her way to a forever home.. That pic of her muzzled also made me cry.

What a beautiful girl!:cloud9:

Now how were the kittys with ya after returning home ?? Tigger smell & all:laughing:

All they wanted was food cause their dinner was a couple of hours late :frustrated:

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM

Said so perfectly well, lp. That is exactly how I feel.

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
L4H, I think it was wonderful that you and your hubby helped Tigger on her journey :angel: whoever is adopting her will be super lucky, I'm sure or it :thumbs up .

It was very kind of him to help, otherwise if I had to do this on my own, I would have been in trouble. tigger would have sat on my lap the whole drive and I wouldn't have been able to get her off, she is super strong.

DH did grumble a bit, because he was suppose to be hooking up our woodstove today and it was a nice sunny day to do so. He melted at his first ear kiss from tigger and his heart feels good :lovestruck:

angeldogs
November 22nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
She is gorgeous.got to love the kisses nothing like a big o tongue across the face from a happy loving dog.

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
She is gorgeous.got to love the kisses nothing like a big o tongue across the face from a happy loving dog.

So true. :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
omg she's gorgeous ! :lovestruck: And the kisses :laughing: :cloud9:

Thank YOU and your hubby , I know Tigger was very happy to meet such wonderful people on her trip :thumbs up

soooooo ..... thinking of getting one of your own yet ?

:D

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
omg she's gorgeous ! :lovestruck: And the kisses :laughing: :cloud9:

Thank YOU and your hubby , I know Tigger was very happy to meet such wonderful people on her trip :thumbs up

soooooo ..... thinking of getting one of your own yet ?

:D

When Puddles passes on, I think we will get a dog, not a pup, a senior would be better for Jasper.

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
When Puddles passes on, I think we will get a dog, not a pup, a senior would be better for Jasper.

Good for you for wanting a senior , they're the best :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
What a beauty. :cloud9: Thanks for helping her on her journey to the Furever Home of her choice. I am sure she appreciates it and will remember you. If only cause you tasted so good. :D

mollywog
November 22nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
how nice of you to help out. Did you learn of the transportation need through pets.ca? She looks like a big suck for sure.
one question- why did she have 2 collars and 2 leashes??? :confused:
also, so sad to see her wearing that muzzle :sad:

hazelrunpack
November 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
So I take it that the meeting/journey went well. :D She looks like a real honey! :cloud9:

I especially love that tongue shot in post 4! :laughing: I couldn't get all the pics, but of the ones that downloaded, that's definitely my fave! :thumbs up

:goodvibes: for Tigger's future happiness! Does she have a home already or is she going to a rescue in Saskatchewan?

Dracko
November 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
I live in Saskatchewan and I'm curious where this dog is going. So happy he's found a home.

aslan
November 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Love4 i'm soooo glad you enjoyed your doggie experience, :laughing: didn't tell me dh was with you on the phone. Yeah them pitbulls are down right vicious eh, just might lick the skin right off your nose. Thanks again for helping and thank dh too.Definately keeping close tabs on bishop when we come out there.

TeriM
November 23rd, 2008, 01:25 AM
She's a beautiful girl :lovestruck:. Good for you for helping to transport her :thumbs up.

growler~GateKeeper
November 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM
What a gorgeous sweetie :lovestruck:

:goodvibes: for her in her new home :goodvibes:

chico2
November 23rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
L4H,Tigger looks wonderful,those soulful eyes would defenitely get to me:lovestruck:
I think it's amazing and helps restore my faith in humanity,that so many people,you included L4,put so much love and effort into saving one pittie-girl from being destroyed.
There must be thousands like her out there in shelters,but this kind of thing gives hope:dog:
A Pittie is a dog,a dog like any other,wants love,food a warm place to sleep,it's evil people and Michael Bryant that need to be muzzled:frustrated:

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2008, 07:27 AM
how nice of you to help out. Did you learn of the transportation need through pets.ca? She looks like a big suck for sure.
one question- why did she have 2 collars and 2 leashes??? :confused:
also, so sad to see her wearing that muzzle :sad:

I did, BenMax asked for the transport request and marko posted it.

She is dog aggressive towards some dogs and the strongest dog I ever met, so to be sure she would be constrained, she had a short leash and a longer leash should the short one break. She was able to pull me, granted I had my hands full didn't have the greatest grip on her. If she got free and authorities saw, then it would be Tigger who had to pay the price with her life. Can't chance it.

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2008, 07:37 AM
BTW, I did just a tiny, tiny piece of saving the life of this girl. It was mostly done by a rescue in Ontario with the co operation of Montreal SPCA, and BenMax. They are the ones that did everything. I just drove for a few hours.

mollywog
November 23rd, 2008, 07:38 AM
wow! does she ever look strong!!!

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
She is. Sure glad DH came, I would not have the strength to get her off my lap while driving and I guarantee you she would have been on my lap trying to give me kisses.:frustrated::lovestruck:

wdawson
November 23rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
ahh what a sweetie , i'm glad she changed your thought about pits :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
November 23rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
What a nice dog and I love the pics of the kisses. Too cute. :)

JennieV
November 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
What a beautiful pup...THANK YOU L4H and L4H's hubby, for doing that. You may have been a small but nonetheless very important part in her rescuing.
Kissies!! :cloud9::lovestruck: She is just a big lovebug...:lovestruck::lovestruck:

onster
November 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
awwwwww there she is!!!

What a cutie pie :lovestruck: Awwwww doggie kisses :dog:

Yay L4h!!!!

Karin
November 23rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Please get those darn things off their face! (I know, I know..it's a shame though)

I have worked around animals for 30 years and the worse bite I ever got was from a MUZZLED Dachshund! I almost lost my finger and it took months to heal the crunched bones & infection, ten years later, it's still not right.

I would put my face up to a unmuzzled Pittie's face before I would every put my finger in front of a muzzled Dachshund again.

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Can't, it is the law here in Ontario. An unmuzzled pittie can be seized by animal control :sad:. She is a love bug. :lovestruck:

Dracko
November 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Well, it's not the law here in Saskatchewan where this pittie is going. :thumbs up

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 07:33 AM
BenMax, have you heard if Tigger made it to her new home OK?

BenMax
November 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
You did an amazing job L4H......

Thank you so very very much! :dog:

I spoke to the rescue Saturday night, and yesterday I was doing adoptions so I did not hear yet. I will contact her this morning and keep you updated.

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks BenMax :grouphug: Her new owners are going to be thrilled to have her.

Dracko
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
BenMax, have you heard if Tigger made it to her new home OK?

Yes?

No one has told me where she was going. I'm just curious where she is ending up since I live here in Saskatchewan.

krdahmer
November 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
L4H,Tigger looks wonderful,those soulful eyes would defenitely get to me:lovestruck:
I think it's amazing and helps restore my faith in humanity,that so many people,you included L4,put so much love and effort into saving one pittie-girl from being destroyed.
There must be thousands like her out there in shelters,but this kind of thing gives hope:dog:
A Pittie is a dog,a dog like any other,wants love,food a warm place to sleep,it's evil people and Michael Bryant that need to be muzzled:frustrated:

Well said Chico! And :thumbs up:grouphug: to all who helped this doggie, she looks like a real sweetie! (strong too in that pic where she's pulling!) And a quick question...isn't it hard on their necks pulling against their collars like that? (I see people walking their dogs around here where the dog is pulling on it like that the whole way, it just looks so painful to me, and then the people jerk it even harder when they come to street corners.) Wouldn't a harness be better for a strong dog like that? Just curious.

BenMax
November 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Well said Chico! And :thumbs up:grouphug: to all who helped this doggie, she looks like a real sweetie! (strong too in that pic where she's pulling!) And a quick question...isn't it hard on their necks pulling against their collars like that? (I see people walking their dogs around here where the dog is pulling on it like that the whole way, it just looks so painful to me, and then the people jerk it even harder when they come to street corners.) Wouldn't a harness be better for a strong dog like that? Just curious.

Good question Krdahmer...infact she has been pent up for a while so infact she is excited to get out. Normally she does not pull excessively but under the circumstances she is just a little enthusiastic.

A harness for her is not sufficient for the time being, but with more training she will be fine....please don't worry.

krdahmer
November 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Oh no I wasn't worried, I've just never had dogs.... and from seeing so many pull like that all the time around here (like the lady across the street with her super hyper little dog who is always coughing and spitting like it's being strangled on walks), I had seen some dogs on tv with really strong looking harnesses and just wondered in general if they were better? (just storing away tips for when I give in to hubby and we get a dog! :o)

BenMax
November 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Oh no I wasn't worried, I've just never had dogs.... and from seeing so many pull like that all the time around here (like the lady across the street with her super hyper little dog who is always coughing and spitting like it's being strangled on walks), I had seen some dogs on tv with really strong looking harnesses and just wondered in general if they were better? (just storing away tips for when I give in to hubby and we get a dog! :o)

If a dog is pulling like this and is not given the proper time to train accordingly then indeed for some dogs a harness may be better...but if they are not trained accordingly while on the harness the dog will continue to pull...but will save his/her estophogus and related injuries.

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM
The poor girl spent hours in a vehicle and needed exercise so badly. We are not doggie savvy so DH walked Tigger like a kitty, letting her go where she wanted to. Plus where she was being walked, was a doggie walking area behind petsmart so there was so many smells :dog:. If DH commanded her back, I am sure she would have settled. The pulling didn't seem to bother her at all :shrug:.

She was very good in the truck and when she was told she had to go back to her spot between DH and I (she wanted to sit on my lap :o and sometimes even DH's while he was driving :eek:), she did.

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 11:04 AM

Tigger didn't cough or choke at all, if she did we would have settled her down. She responded very well to calm talk and a gentle pat on the side of her neck.

BenMax
November 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Tigger didn't cough or choke at all, if she did we would have settled her down. She responded very well to calm talk and a gentle pat on the side of her neck.

Thank you for the update L4H. By the way...she is now home!!:thumbs up

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Wahoo :thumbs up :highfive: :grouphug:

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I was worried about her on the plane, there was not going to anybody to soothe her :yell: :sad: She loved having her neck gently rubbed and talked to.

Are you going to be able to get any pics from her new family?

BenMax
November 24th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I was worried about her on the plane, there was not going to anybody to soothe her :yell: :sad: She loved having her neck gently rubbed and talked to.

Are you going to be able to get any pics from her new family?

If you want I can get you in touch with the person you met on the run as she did an amazing job of organizing all this in such short time. She can keep you updated on the next few days and maybe even months. Do you have her e-mail addy?

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
No I don't, but I would like to have it. Let her know if she needs any help in transporting my way to give me a call.

chico2
November 24th, 2008, 11:40 AM
and then L4 can update us:thumbs up

BenMax
November 24th, 2008, 11:40 AM
No I don't, but I would like to have it. Let her know if she needs any help in transporting my way to give me a call.

I will put you both in touch....and I think she wants to steal you up for her rescue. She said you did an amazing job - she was really impressed and went on and on about you...:thumbs up. She is very good people and I have worked with her. She is someone that you can count on and never lets you down. A true team player!

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Let her know that I may not be trustworthy to deliver if I have to drive by my place, ummmm, cough * , the dog may get ummmmm "lost" at my place. :p

BenMax
November 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Let her know that I may not be trustworthy to deliver if I have to drive by my place, ummmm, cough * , the dog may get ummmmm "lost" at my place. :p

I don't think that would hinder her at all since she is forever looking for homes for cats and dogs! She may 'look' the other way??:laughing:

Love4himies
November 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think that would hinder her at all since she is forever looking for homes for cats and dogs! She may 'look' the other way??:laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

phoozles
November 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
What a sweetie and what a tongue :eek:
You did a great thing, L4H, so good to hear Tigger is home! :thumbs up

diandpat
December 3rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
Aw Love4himies, what a GREAT thread this is. Thank you so so much for all the photos. They all make my heart swell :cloud9: and make me laugh :laughing:

I LOVE Tigger slurping up your face:laughing::laughing::laughing:

No doubt that Tigger is in SK right now living the life of Riley in a "tolerant" community :thumbs up

Everyone involved in this rescue did a fantastic job :angel2::angel2:

Love4himies
December 3rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Aw Love4himies, what a GREAT thread this is. Thank you so so much for all the photos. They all make my heart swell :cloud9: and make me laugh :laughing:

I LOVE Tigger slurping up your face:laughing::laughing::laughing:

No doubt that Tigger is in SK right now living the life of Riley in a "tolerant" community :thumbs up

Everyone involved in this rescue did a fantastic job :angel2::angel2:

Got slurps the whole way :laughing:. It was her way of begging to sit on my lap, but she was just too heavy. :laughing:

rainbow
December 3rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
:o I just found this thread now although I had read about the transport in the tjt. :o

What a beautiful girl she is :lovestruck: and what a wonderful thing you did to help her get to her forever home. :angel:

ILoveOnyx
December 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
It's nice to hear that there are still people, including you L4H, willing to help the less fortunate, whether human or animal. :) it gives me hope that not all of humanity have become too busy for their own good, not everyone takes the time to relax, smell the flowers, and acknowledge some of the horrible things going on AROUND them. Seems like the only things worth distracting them sometimes are the horrible things IN their own lives.

Hmm. But honestly :thumbs up, very thoughtful of you to have volunteered.

BTW, that last pic... geez... she's made of pure muscle!! No wonder she was a puller, she looks like she claws the ground and grasps as much dirt as she can on every step!

BenMax
December 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Indeed she is a strong girl - built like a truck ...but our very own L4H handled her like a trooper. If it were not for L4H I don't know what we would have done. I wuv you L4H!!!

Love4himies
December 4th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Indeed she is a strong girl - built like a truck ...but our very own L4H handled her like a trooper. If it were not for L4H I don't know what we would have done. I wuv you L4H!!!

Thanks BenMax. You do sooooooooooooo much more than I do, you are the true :angel:.

BenMax
December 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks BenMax. You do sooooooooooooo much more than I do, you are the true :angel:.

No L4H - it is a collaboration of many good people. Without the transport - this would have not been a reality. There were alot of people that were instrumental in saving this dog - and you were one of them - for this I am so grateful. It is just such a great thing that there ARE people here on Pets that are willing to help me and I am complete stranger to all. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me that someone behind this screen stepped up and had faith and confidence in this worthy cause. I have made a good friend in you and others in rescue have also commented on how wonderful you are! I agree.:)

Love4himies
December 4th, 2008, 09:24 AM
No L4H - it is a collaboration of many good people. Without the transport - this would have not been a reality. There were alot of people that were instrumental in saving this dog - and you were one of them - for this I am so grateful. It is just such a great thing that there ARE people here on Pets that are willing to help me and I am complete stranger to all. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me that someone behind this screen stepped up and had faith and confidence in this worthy cause. I have made a good friend in you and others in rescue have also commented on how wonderful you are! I agree.:)

:cry::cry:

Thank you.

There is nothing more important than saving a life :cat: :dog:.

BenMax
December 4th, 2008, 09:33 AM
:cry::cry:

Thank you.

There is nothing more important than saving a life :cat: :dog:.

I agree.....and now that you are known in the rescue world ...and I know you will be called upon once again, I am certain we will finally get to meet sometime in the future. I will be sure to be involved in the next emergency transport.:thumbs up