Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sneezing Cat, Throwing up Snot

Jarrod33
November 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Hi recently for the past week I've had a bad cold affecting my sinus cavities. I've since taken some medicine and became better.

My cat however, Worf, became sick almost at the same time or a little before me. He is sneezing quite a bit. Nothing extreme just pretty consistent over the week. In the past week he was throwing up a liquid substance. I recently stopped giving him fancy fest.

He has thrown up in the past which resembles chunky food which I chalked up to bad feeding habits. Recently though its been a liquid substance that was yellow like. Then today he throw up what seemed to be snot.

His nose can be irradiated by touch and you can see a bit of a dry crust around his nose. But his nose is still a little wet.

I know its the season for colds and I've let it go for a week before I started searching on the net. The puke today that resembled snot and the fact that I'm feeling better now and hes not is my concern.

I'm not avoiding taking him to the vet, but I'd like to know if there is something I could try before having to go to vet.

Thank you for your help.

t.pettet
November 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
This cat needs to see a vet asap, sounds like a serious infection.

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
I think your kitty may have a serious infection and needs vet care.

Jarrod33
November 23rd, 2008, 03:20 AM
Thank you for the replies. Yes I decided I'll take him to the doctors on Monday. (only emergency is open on Sunday, Don't think its that bad)

Rereading my post, with the replies I got, I wonder why I haven't taken him to the vet sooner.

Thank you again.

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear that you are taking your kitty to the vet.:thumbs up

want4rain
November 23rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
also if you both are turning up with upper resp infections, check your indoor air quality. we had the same thing happen in out house (my husband and i and our kids AND the 3 cats turned up with URI's) and it turns out we had excessive mold growth in our crawlspace and heating and air system. moisture builds in the summer air and encourages mold growth. when you turn your heater on in the winter it blows very dry air through your home and system killing the mold and shooting the spores through the house.

good luck with that. its a horrible mess if that is indeed the case. we are still hunting down the different places moisture vapor collects and grows mold. found a heater vent under a cabinet just THIS winter and we bought the house 4 years ago.

-ashley

marmar
May 17th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Did you find out what was wrong with your Cat? My cat Sneezes frequently and when he does it's continuous like 20 sneezes. He also throws up A LOT. Today he threw up bile in like 10 places around the kitchen and living room in a about a half hours time. I felt so bad for him as he was kind of dry heaving. Just bile coming out. He has thrown up a lot more than any other cat I've had/known. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow as I am suspicious that he might have allergies (dust, food). But I was wondering what you found out with your Cat.

Jim Hall
May 18th, 2009, 07:30 AM
any time a cat or a dog for that matter throws up consistently orespecially throws up digestive juices its time for a vet visit sooonest

cats esp get dehydrated just in a snap and then they really get sick

Du started sennzing regularly and the vet visit was 2 days later even though no other symptoms were present .