Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I shouldn't be surprised, but...

Gail P
November 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
How can some people do the things they do? Here's an email I got today from a contact who is now trying to find these 2 poor kitties a home.

"Hi All

Last night I found 2 cats abandoned in a parking lot. They were left outside in the cold in a kennel cab which was left on a median in front of my van. There was a note attached to the kennel cab. It said that one cat is named Duke (white/black) and he is 4yrs old. And the other cat is named Moe (grey/white) and is 2yrs old. They are father and son. According to the note they are vaccinated but not neutered.

Right now they are very traumatized and scared. According to the note they are both INDOOR cats and have never been outside. I'm guessing being left "outside" in a parking lot was quite traumatic for them!

Despite being afraid, neither cat showed any aggression towards me when I took them out of their kennel cab and put them into a big crate in my kennel. They now have food, water, and a nice warm blankie; although they have not yet touched the food or water. They are just hunkered down at the back of the crate, poor things :-(

I don't think it is necessary for these cats to be adopted as a pair > although it might be nice.

Both cats are FREE to good homes but neutering will be a condition of adoption. Cost wise, the best place to get this done would be the Queensway Animal Hospital in Simcoe > $60 for a cat neuter last time I was there. They do require proof of rabies vaccination but seeing as these cats have no paperwork to prove that they are vaccinated, they will probably need to be updated. Rabies vaccine at Queensway is around $28. If someone out of this area would like to adopt them and take advantage of the great prices at Queensway, I am willing to take the cats in for the procedures for you as long as you pay the bill (unfortunately I don't have the financial resources to 'front' the payments for vet bills).

You can see photo's of these 2 boys on Facebook on the Jackies Rescue Dogs (& other animals) group or at the blog I've just set up at http://pets4adoption.blogspot.com/ I have some jack russell terriers coming in for fostering as well & will post them on Facebook and on the blog as soon as they get here.

Please help me find special homes for these special boys.

Thank You
Jackie"

I just can't understand how someone can just abandon their pets like that, hoping that someone else will take them home. What if she hadn't noticed the carrier. What if she hated cats? What if nobody helped them and they had no food or water. Poor kitties. :sad:

Love4himies
November 21st, 2008, 10:01 PM
:wall::wall: People are idiots and expect others to take care of their responsibilities.

hazelrunpack
November 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM
:sad: They're very lucky that the right person found them.

Tundra_Queen
November 23rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
OMG! That is terrible!! They could of died, from fright our from the cold! I hope that person who did that really gets what's coming to them for putting 2 cats thru such a horrid thing!! I'm so glad u found them and are taking good care of them!!

I really do hate people sometimes!

Debbie

onster
November 23rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
:yuck: at some people. Seriously wth?!?!

Poor kitties, they are sooooo lucky to have been found by the right person.

Karin
November 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Consider the kitties not vaccinated at all. Anyone who would do that will lie about vax's too. (You can't lie about the neutering part)

But giving credit where credit is due. They were in a carrier. I have seen cats, kittens, puppies and dogs tossed out of car windows doing 55mph without even slowing down.
Here in rural Florida, kittens get tossed near the many horse farms, some as young as 4 weeks.
These people think, "it's a farm! They'll grow up happy in a warm barn"..OR, "these people must love animals and will give them a good home". I have heard all the excuses.
Usually these poor babies get torn apart by the dogs the farm owners have on patrol against coyotes or other wild animals that may harm their horses or livestock. Or by the coyotes themselves. Cat's are their favorite food..
I think maybe this was a planned dumping.

flipgirl4
November 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
My brother and sister-in-law own some rental properties. They don't normally rent to people with pets, not because they don't like them. But this one time, they did. This couple had a dog and a cat. But suddenly, without any notice, they moved to Nova Scotia. But left the cat. This poor indoor cat was left outdoors. Luckily, one of the other renters was feeding it. He was willing to take it but didn't have the money to vaccinate it or care for it. So we took it to the Humane Society. He was adopted pretty quickly thankfully. But how do you do that? Why not just take the cat to the SPCA if you can't take it with you? I'm not one for giving up pets but if you have to, you have to but why not just take it toa rescue or shelter?

Scary thing is, there are some people who actually do this to their children! When will people start showing their pets the same loyalty as their pets show them?

So yes, I understand your frustration!!!!