Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another one adopted

14+kitties
November 21st, 2008, 08:56 PM
This one was hard to let go. Bandit went to live at his new forever home tonight. He just left a few minutes ago. I know he will be very loved. He is going home to a "big" sister; six month old Athena. I have been promised updates and lots of pictures.

hazelrunpack
November 21st, 2008, 09:01 PM
Oh, look at the fuzzy belly! :lovestruck:

What a lucky kitty! First he has 14+ to get him started on the right paw, then he gets a wonderful, loving forever home!

Good job, Geri! :grouphug:

Love4himies
November 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM
Glad to hear that Bandit will have company in his new home. :grouphug: to you 14+, I know you must be sad right now.

Tundra_Queen
November 21st, 2008, 09:28 PM
YEAHHHHHH!! *Doing the Happy dance!*

What a sweet kitty he is! I know u are sad, but u did such a wonderful loving thing for that little guy! You kept him safe and gave him love and now he will get even more love and he will have kitty company too!! :grouphug:

Debbie

aslan
November 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
yay for Bandit(he's my favorite, stupid sister.) poor 14+:grouphug:

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2008, 12:16 AM
Congratulations 14+ :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
November 22nd, 2008, 02:27 AM
Aww MY kitty got adopted :D:sad::D :grouphug:

:goodvibes: Bandit we want lots of pics to see you grow in you new & loving home

clm
November 22nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I'm glad he's going to be with another cat. I just love his colouring. Contratulations on another adoption success!

Cindy

krdahmer
November 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
Noooooo! :sad: I don't get to snuggle the little floofer anymore!!! :o

:thumbs up glad he got a good home (although it's very hard to outdo his foster mom and home ;) ) :grouphug:

CaptainOlimar
November 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ah, so sweet! It's like giving a little piece of your heart way, isn't it? I'm sure you vetted the new home very well, he will be loved and happy. :highfive:

14+kitties
November 23rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks gals. Every time I come back to this thread I start tearing up. I miss the little beggar. I know he is in a terrific home but still...
I get to have him back when it comes time to get him fixed for a day or two. I am taking him to the same place I use.

Ah, so sweet! It's like giving a little piece of your heart way, isn't it? I'm sure you vetted the new home very well, he will be loved and happy. :highfive:

CaptainOlimar - I "vet" ALL of my adoptees homes very very well. They never go anywhere I don't feel would be safe for them. When you have a kitten for six or seven months it is very very difficult to give them up. Finding them a good home is doubly hard. They don't go to a home unless I have papers signed and reassurance if they can not keep them I get them back.

ancientgirl
November 23rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Aw 14+, I'm so happy Bandit found a loving forever home, and with a big sister too!

CaptainOlimar
November 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks gals. Every time I come back to this thread I start tearing up. I miss the little beggar. I know he is in a terrific home but still...
I get to have him back when it comes time to get him fixed for a day or two. I am taking him to the same place I use.

CaptainOlimar - I "vet" ALL of my adoptees homes very very well. They never go anywhere I don't feel would be safe for them. When you have a kitten for six or seven months it is very very difficult to give them up. Finding them a good home is doubly hard. They don't go to a home unless I have papers signed and reassurance if they can not keep them I get them back.

I hope you didn't think I was lecturing you on vetting the homes, I was saying if anyone knew how to pick good owners it was you.

14+kitties
November 24th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I hope you didn't think I was lecturing you on vetting the homes, I was saying if anyone knew how to pick good owners it was you.

Yep, actually I was feeling like you were lecturing a little. My daughter thought so also and she is usually the voice of extreme reason. Maybe I am just too vulnerable at the moment. :o Even with the number of kitties I have it's hard saying goodbye to one.

rhartjr
November 24th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I'm sure Bandit will be very happy in his new forever home and with a big sister to keep his fuzzy but in line, even better. That's great. Yeah, they are hard to give up aren't they.

14+kitties
November 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I'm sure Bandit will be very happy in his new forever home and with a big sister to keep his fuzzy but in line, even better. That's great. Yeah, they are hard to give up aren't they.

:laughing: Yeah, he went from a house that had six (in the house) to a house with only one more. He also had to share the house with the Queen Bee Keesha - 14 year old toy poodle and the Second in Command Sam - 13 year old Labx.
They are very hard to give up. It breaks my heart a little more each time. But I know the houses they are in are the best ones they can be in.

CaptainOlimar
November 24th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Yep, actually I was feeling like you were lecturing a little. My daughter thought so also and she is usually the voice of extreme reason. Maybe I am just too vulnerable at the moment. :o Even with the number of kitties I have it's hard saying goodbye to one.

Oh my, I'm so sorry. :sorry: It must have been how I said it. I didn't mean it that way. I meant to help you feel better by stating my confidence in your good judgment when choosing homes. :2huggers: Sincerely, Annette