Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Aww, he really does love her!

phoozles
November 21st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Jake won't cuddle with Alley - even when she slyly tries to make it happen, he'll growl and swat at her :rolleyes:

But, he does like a clean house, and he's noticed that Alley has been slacking at cleaning off the top of her head, so it's the least he can do to bring order into the household..

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/AlleyandJake009.jpg

If Jake starts to lick her, Alley turns into a statue.. I think she's worried he'd stop if she moves! :laughing: :lovestruck:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/AlleyandJake012.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/AlleyandJake014.jpg

phoozles
November 21st, 2008, 12:13 PM
And just a few more because it warms the cockles of my heart :cloud9:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/AlleyandJake015.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/phoozles/AlleyandJake016.jpg

Scuba
November 21st, 2008, 12:20 PM
That is pretty sweet.:lovestruck:

Is it just the camera angle or is Jake significantly larger?

phoozles
November 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM
Jake is quite a bit bigger than Alley.. Alley still has a kitten head, but a regular sized body :laughing: She's only a year and a bit, so she may get bigger, but Jake's a naturally big guy. That's probably why she doesn't move when he's licking her - she's afraid he'll eat her right up :laughing:

krdahmer
November 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM
I love it when you find the non-cuddlers... well... cuddlin!!! So sweet of him to make sure she didn't miss any spots!:lovestruck:

Love4himies
November 21st, 2008, 12:27 PM
Oh that is so sweet, Jake you are a good boy to love Alley :cloud9: :lovestruck:. Maybe Jake gets too hot cuddling?

phoozles
November 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
It's weird.. he'll tolerate her sitting near him, but not on him.. and he'll lick her once and awhile, but when he's done, she better move! :rolleyes:

They've been getting along so much better since Ethel's been in the picture - they decided to become a united front, I guess. He's constantly playing with her now - to think when I joined this board I was worried that they'd never get along! :cloud9:

Chris21711
November 21st, 2008, 12:49 PM
So cute Phoozles, Jake looks just like my Herbie. Can't wait to see pics of the day that Ethel is there getting her licking too :pray:

Diamondsmum
November 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
awwwwwwwww What cuties! :lovestruck:

Dracko
November 21st, 2008, 12:54 PM
I can relate about the statue thing. All of my cats get along but some are more cuddly with each other than others.

Mochie, my oldest, grew up with 2 of my cats who weren't affectionate with her so while she is extreme in the human contact area not so much with my other cats. When Mochie decides to clean Ginkgo (who loves being groomed) she doesn't move. I know part of it is afraid it will stop but also once in a while Mochie will swat another cat if they try to get too comfy with her.

Smitty and Ginkgo are alway grooming one another and Ginkgo never acts like a statue with him. I love how animals know the behavior of their housemates and their behavior changes accordingly.

BenMax
November 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
My cats are gay. They are always grooming each other and intertwined at night. So being gay is genetic - it is not a question of choice.

I am a proud mommy of two gay boys and would not change a thing!

Love your pictures!:cloud9:

Dracko
November 21st, 2008, 01:42 PM
My cats are gay. They are always grooming each other and intertwined at night. So being gay is genetic - it is not a question of choice.

I am a proud mommy of two gay boys and would not change a thing!

Love your pictures!:cloud9:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'll have to tell my gay nephew that the "tests" are in and it's "genetic.":D

BenMax
November 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'll have to tell my gay nephew that the "tests" are in and it's "genetic.":D

According to catland it is officially genetic. I taught them both to play with blue mice toys, not to wear pink and let the girls in first to use the litterbox. Well even with bringing them up this way they have their own minds. GOD loves them anyways...and that's good enough for me. I wouldn't change a thing.:lovestruck:

phoozles
November 21st, 2008, 03:46 PM
So cute Phoozles, Jake looks just like my Herbie. Can't wait to see pics of the day that Ethel is there getting her licking too :pray:

You and me both Chris! :fingerscr

14+kitties
November 21st, 2008, 07:14 PM
So so cute! I have :fingerscr it will one day happen with Ethel too.

Tundra_Queen
November 22nd, 2008, 02:39 AM
That is so sweet! Willie is starting to do that to the kittens too and it warms my heart too. :)

Smiley14
November 23rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
OH, look at that little pink tongue! So adorable!!!! :lovestruck:

pbpatti
November 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
if someone was grooming me with that much affection I would not move either. great pics. pbp

Frenchy
November 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Jake won't cuddle with Alley - even when she slyly tries to make it happen, he'll growl and swat at her :rolleyes:

Maybe he only acts this way when you're home , he has to keep up the bad a** kitty reputation :D and when you're gone he turns into :lovestruck: :cat:

phoozles
November 24th, 2008, 12:51 PM
:laughing: Frenchy - that must be it! :cat:

ancientgirl
November 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
That's adorable. :lovestruck: