Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for a Fur Baby!!

Mat&Murph
November 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
My grandparents are looking for a new little baby! They are looking for a Tiny Golden doodle. Now I heard about the normal golden doodle but they looking for a Tiny one. I need to find a GOOD breeder hopefully somewhat close to New Brunswick (Where my gp are) But they will travel to get the new baby. Hopefully you guys can help.. Thanks guys:pawprint:
Karly

Maxine
November 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Hi there, I'm sorry but good breeders do not breed mutts, nor so-called designer breeds....

Maybe they can look at a shelter or on petfinder to find a suitable companion, there are tons of different pure breds and mutts over there!! Good luck and keep us posted

Mat&Murph
November 20th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I hear what you are saying Maxine...When I said good breeder I meant someone that doesn't abuse or mistreat their dogs. No offence to Pure breed breeders.

Frenchy
November 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi there, I'm sorry but good breeders do not breed mutts, nor so-called designer breeds....

.When I said good breeder I meant someone that doesn't abuse or mistreat their dogs.

Even if they don't abuse their dogs ... breeders that breed "designer dogs" are only looking for $$$$ , they are not ethical breeders.

Your parents should look at petfinder , they could find a cute dog that looks like a golden. My Chloe is a Golden mix Cocker mix Labrador , she's about 37 lbs. And no , I didn't get her at a breeder :) she's a rescue dog , dumped at the age of 12 yr old. She's the smallest one in the pic.

Mat&Murph
November 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Aww she is beatiful Frenchy!! I have always had pure bred dogs except one rescue that was a labx. (I like knowing what I am getting into and the people I buy from, with small kids in the house) So this in new territory for me and frankly my gp's kindof surprise me. they always had Poodles or Havanese. I thought if they were getting another dog they would go with a havanese. My grandmother has allergies so they were always careful about buying dogs for that reason. So I am learning too..
I had told her I would try and get some ideas for her so here I am.

Thanks for all your ideas..They have been great

Frenchy
November 20th, 2008, 09:24 PM
My grandmother has allergies so they were always careful about buying dogs for that reason.

ah ha ! So the goldendoodle or any doodle might not work. Of course they will tell you these dogs are hypoallogen (sp) but it isn't always the case.

I really think the only dog that would be hypoallogen would be the poodle.

Mat&Murph
November 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Thats what I told her. I have had my nephew's golden at my house and she can't handle him. I talked to her earlier and she had said they were just looking into them nothing definite:shrug:

kathryn
November 20th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Designer dogs are so stupid. If you are allergic to said animal, don't get it! Sorry, but my rabbit just died recently and I am now allergic to rabbits, so therefore I did not adopt another rabbit even though I rather care for them!

After working on a puppy mill case and getting in all these silly little cockapoos and golden doodle stupid little things (not their fault, but the people who did this to them) I can't stand all this nonsense.

There is no nice way to say this, but really, I am getting to the point where I do not believe there is such a thing as a responsible breeder. Maybe nice breeders who care for their dogs, but there is no such thing as responsible breeding. No matter how you are doing it, you are still adding more animals to a world where millions are being killed in shelters.

I've seen deformed, underweight & disease ridden dogs come in from breeders and there is just no excuse.

http://awa.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/28055.jpg
Roo was born with a congenital deformity in her front paws.

http://sms.petpoint.com/sms/photos/103/54081261-23b1-4f47-aecf-f6fad6392f74.jpg
Lois was born in a puppy mill in PA

http://sms.petpoint.com/sms/photos/103/b36cbf37-5264-4148-a693-3f920f8d2222.jpg
Hazel was also born in a puppy mill and bred litter after litter

The day that shelters are out of business I will absolutely support 'responsible' breeders.

Please, everyone, just rescue a dog....

www.petfinder.com

Mat&Murph
November 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I agree with you Kathryn. My hat is off to you for doing what you do. Believe me, I know we need more responible dog and cat owners out there and we need for people to stop playing God with these creatures. Thank you for your comments and Doing the job you do!!

babymomma
November 21st, 2008, 07:02 PM
I really think the only dog that would be hypoallogen would be the poodle.

HOnestly , I never ever beleived in this whole hypoallergenic (SP?) Crap, But after my friend got a Min poodle, I beleive they are hypoallergenic, and i also beleive 100% that yorkies are.

Okay people, Bash me all you want for beleiving it, but i now have first hand experiance, keely does not shed, and my cousin, who is highly allergic to dogs, can have her up in his face and nothing happens to him:shrug:

Rainy
November 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM
Yorkies have hair,not fur.Poodles have fur but a different type which for the most part is hypoallergenic.What people fail too realize is that many allergies are to the saliva,or dust in the fur,not just to an actual dogs fur.Why people would cross a golden with a poodle is beyond me!:wall:

Mat&Murph
November 21st, 2008, 08:05 PM
When I was little I was allergic to poodle Dandur. But thankfully grew out of the allergies when I got older. Update My grandparents are going to a shelter tomorrow to find a friend

Rainy
November 21st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Yay!!!!!Also if they do have allergies you should suggest they foster with the intent to adopt!One day I will become a fosterer and a foster failure!:D

Mat&Murph
November 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
I would be a major foster failure....I would like to keep all of them!!!!!!:) I am a major sucker and I think they all know it:) would love to do thought, I am taking a Vet Tech course so hopefully by spring I will be doing some good somewhere

MommaKat
November 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Update My grandparents are going to a shelter tomorrow to find a friend

That's great :highfive:

Maxine
November 22nd, 2008, 08:52 AM
Thats really great that your gp are going to a shelter!! I think the idea of fostering first is awesome too!

Soter
November 22nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
The day that shelters are out of business I will absolutely support 'responsible' breeders.

Please, everyone, just rescue a dog....

I agree!!! In the new year I will be visiting a rescue centre & looking for a new instead of going to a breeder, brilliant or not....

I love rescue dogs, it feels so good to give something another chance.

Doodles are sooo cute!

Soter

Rottielover
November 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
If we are getting on with the allergy talk, most people are allergic to the dander, not fur or hair, so even the most so called hypoallergenic dog can cause issues :(