Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Took me over an hour and a half to get home tonight

clm
November 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM
:frustrated: First real snowfall of winter here and no one can drive in it. :wall: Had to work late and then crawl all the way home. Numerous accidents, traffic lights out, what a trip. :yell:
Got home to find the puppies totally exhausted. DH had them outside for 4 hours before I got home and they apparently had a blast in the snow. And I missed it all. :sad: They're sound asleep right now, just where I'm heading in a few minutes as it's snowing like crazy outside right now and I'm going to have to leave the house at 5 tomorrow morning. Thank goodness tomorrow is my last day at work for the week.

Cindy

Frenchy
November 19th, 2008, 09:24 PM
nooooo not snow :yell: it's always hell on the first one hey ? People forget how to drive :frustrated:

Sorry you missed the pups first snow of the year :sad: I'm sure they will be as excited to see the second one :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 19th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, not looking forward to drive tomorrow morning for work. I am not too far away though so it's not that bad. Still.... back roads, no plow till around 2 pm usually. :eek:

hazelrunpack
November 19th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Aw, Cindy. :grouphug: Sorry you missed the boys enjoying their snow. But they were just practicing today--so as to really put a show on for Mom when she gets home tomorrow! :thumbs up Honest!! :dog:

Hope your trip home tomorrow is less hairy than the one today! :eek:

angeldogs
November 19th, 2008, 10:58 PM
That's not good.i missed got through the city around 2:30 thankfull.you know the GTA.rush hour starts just before 3pm and ends a 8pm and even worst if they see just a dusting of snow.with some luck you will make it home to see the boys enjoying the snow tommorrow.

clm
November 20th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Drive to work this morning was a whole lot better. Nobody on the roads at 5am.:laughing: I must admit, the pond and yard looked so pretty this morning.

Cindy

bendyfoot
November 20th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I hear most of SW Ontario's getting blasted today, and there's accidents galore. That probably means it headed up my way for the weekend, yay. I'm doing a half car/half bus commute these days, and the drive part's not TOO bad because it's all country. As soon as you get into the city, WHAM, people forget how to drive if the road have so much as a dusting of white stuff.

Love4himies
November 20th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear your drive was better this morning. :grouphug:

Sorry you missed doggie time in the snow.:grouphug:

I know what you mean about people forgetting how to drive in the snow. On Tues night we had some snow squalls east of Kingston and there ended being numerous accidents on the 401.

angeldogs
November 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Drive to work this morning was a whole lot better. Nobody on the roads at 5am.:laughing: I must admit, the pond and yard looked so pretty this morning.

Cindy

That's the best time to be on the roads.i bet it looked nice and with more snow coming it just might look even better.