Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Artist + Kitties = Frustrated Onster Mom

onster
November 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
How do u do it jiorji???

My mom used to silk paint..last one she did was in '91 (then she got too busy with 4 kids). We used to have a cat pumpkin in the middle east and somehow he ended up running across the table when my mom was painting, ruining half her last painting.
She had to cut it off, but the bottom left you can see where the dark isnt transitioning quite well...... that's where the oopsie was :o

Recently, I tried to get my mom back into silk painting but apparently its not popular in North America and the art stores here havent heard of it. So I signed my mom up for acrylic classes :thumbs up

It looks like the kitties may need to be banned from the open concept main floor because my mom refused to paint in a room :shrug:. They were busy marking the painting :rolleyes: I say cat fur adds a certain je ne sais quois to the painting.....texture is splendid :D

This was right before Bunduk nommed it

Then he marked it

onster
November 19th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Then Onnie got in on the action ( you can see the painting she is trying to reproduce on the left, bedouin woman carrying waterjugs)

and another one of my mom's paintings just cuz I think its puuurty. She's not a professional by any means, just one of her hobbies.

Then they start head butting my mom as she was painting and the kitties and myself were banished.

I was taking pictures so I can put them in a scrab book for her and to share the moment with my dad in Egypt. My moms having difficulty with the new medium as it is very different than silk painting dyes.....wish her luck! On the clock you can see her first ever painting on acrylic, she hates it. The lighting is dark but I think its pretty considering she had no clue about the medium. This will be painting number 2.

Oh and thanks jiorji for answering my mom's question about glazes!

Love4himies
November 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
OMG, she is a wonderful artist, I just love the last painting, the colours are beautiful.

Bunduk and Onster are just wanting to be helpers :D

I used to work with a man from India who had twin daughters. One of his daughters got married and he shared the wedding pics with me. The colours of the lady's (sorry for my ignorance) dresses (I know they aren't dresses, but I don't know what they are called :o) were stunning. Here in North America we dress so bland, like we are afraid of colour.:shrug:

onster
November 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
You mean saris :thumbs up I loooove Indian dress...:lovestruck:. When my friend got engaged she had henna (mehndi) done on her hands and in combination with her sari...wow. Makes me want to be indian if/when I get married!!!

But ya, people in that region love their colour. I find that in NA ppl just dont get as glammed up? We have many dresses, my mom especially, that she just cant wear anywhere here. Too 'loud' (vibrant colours), too much 'work' in it (beading/embroidery). So weve had to buy a few 'bland' dresses :o.

onster
November 19th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Oh and thanks so much for your compliment..ill pass it on to my mom :thumbs up:D

:offtopic: but here is a picture of my friend's hands and outfit. wow. And this was just her engagement. Her wedding ensemble was out of this world!!!

Love4himies
November 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
You mean saris :thumbs up I loooove Indian dress...:lovestruck:. When my friend got engaged she had henna (mehndi) done on her hands and in combination with her sari...wow. Makes me want to be indian if/when I get married!!!

But ya, people in that region love their colour. I find that in NA ppl just dont get as glammed up? We have many dresses, my mom especially, that she just cant wear anywhere here. Too 'loud' (vibrant colours), too much 'work' in it (beading/embroidery). So weve had to buy a few 'bland' dresses :o.

Why can't your mom wear them? I bet she is beautiful in them.:lovestruck:

The ladies in the wedding pics I was viewing had henna done too, very, very beautiful.

Love4himies
November 19th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Oh and thanks so much for your compliment..ill pass it on to my mom :thumbs up:D

:offtopic: but here is a picture of my friend's hands and outfit. wow. And this was just her engagement. Her wedding ensemble was out of this world!!!

Yes, the ladies were dressed with all their jewelry too. Their dresses were bright pinks and reds :lovestruck:

Joeyjoejoe
November 19th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I feel your mom's pain... after getting my cats, I have given up painting all together. Every time I want to start up again, all I can see are colored paws prints all over my home!

14+kitties
November 19th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Beautiful paintings. :thumbs up Your mom does great work. I feel her pain with the kitties though. I have to be careful getting my stuff out too. :rolleyes:

TeriM
November 20th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Hehe, kitties were just supervising mom to make sure she was getting it right ;). Your mom does some beautiful work :).