Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

REALLY big wave

JM4611
November 18th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I used to work as a lighthouse keeper. I took this photo at Egg Island, BC. Right after taking the shot,
I had to run back across the bridge to the helicopter pad because I could see the wave was going to
break over the 'pad. It did, and if I'd been standing where I took the photo, it would've gotten me.

http://www.pbase.com/jonmor/image/82884586.jpg

www.pbase.com/jonmor

BenMax
November 18th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Holy! Good thing you got out of the way.

The strength of mother nature!

Love4himies
November 18th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Holy smokes, what a wave.

marko
November 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Nice shot:highfive:

Rick C
November 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Very cool.

You must run fast. :thumbs up

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

aslan
November 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM
i thought wow great picture, then run forest run....

JM4611
November 18th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Very cool.

You must run fast. :thumbs up

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

I wish. For a little context, I was standing on the helicopter pad near the top of this photo...
I only had to run partway across the bridge because the helipad took most of the force out of the wave.

The helicopter pad is about 22m above the water (when it's calm). The bridge is about 63m long.

http://www.pbase.com/jonmor/image/26383114.jpg

www.pbase.com/jonmor

Brandykins
November 21st, 2008, 06:22 AM
Great capture JM - that must have been a great site to see!! Hope you have that photo in a frame - it is brilliant.

Love the one of the bridge with the wee dog on it - a wee stunner!!

Lovely photos.

JM4611
November 22nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Great capture JM - that must have been a great site to see!! Hope you have that photo in a frame - it is brilliant.

Love the one of the bridge with the wee dog on it - a wee stunner!!

Lovely photos.
The winter storms around here are pretty neat to experience. That bridge is made of metal
grates spaced about 2cm apart and it hurt JR's feet to walk on them - but he's a pretty smart dog
and figured out that it would hurt a lot less if he walked on the rivets that connect the grates.

www.pbase.com/jonmor