Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here chicky, chicky!

Gail P
November 17th, 2008, 10:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5501.jpg

You can run...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5502.jpg

But you cannot hide!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5503.jpg

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I can't believe the dogs get along with the chickens so well! The birds don't look at all upset, even when the dogs are right in the coop with them. One big happy family :cloud9:

Gail P
November 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Storm loooovvves his chickens :lovestruck: (and turkeys, and the big meat chickens, and the geese!). The turkeys and meat chickens are all gone now but they were in the back part of the coop, behind that screen divider wall and there was a temporary barrier between chickens and turkeys. Storm would just wait for me to go in there to feed and water because the turkeys like to mix and mingle with the chickens and the meat chickens grow so fast that they always think they're starving, so they would sneak out with the layers to steal their food. Storm loved to move the turkeys around, sometimes he was a great help putting them back where they belonged but sometimes he'd send them back out again because he didnt' really care where they went as long as he was moving them. After they'd get shut in then he'd head back in with the layers and go for the meat chickens and move them back into their part. Once that was done it was the rooster's turn to move. :rolleyes: He seems to like to single out the biggest birds to concentrate on. Sometimes he hassles the rooster a bit too much so I pick up the rooster and put him up on the roost or on top of the nest boxes to give him a break. Flurry is also eager but doesn't know as much yet about moving stock. He's been to sheep a few times but both Rain and Storm have done more sheep herding. Rain just isn't particularly interested in working chickens.

All the dogs love the chicken coop at night time. If I go out after dark to close it up and collect eggs then the dogs get to hunt. It's over run with mice and the dogs just can't wait for me to open the door and let them in.

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2008, 11:08 PM
So all in all, the chicken coup = doggy heaven! :laughing: At least for Storm!

Herding poultry...who would have thunk it? :D Must be awfully fun to watch!

Dog Dancer
November 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Your pics are all so great - what an amazing bunch of critters who all get along so well. Lucky you guys, you're living my dream!

growler~GateKeeper
November 18th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Storm loved to move the turkeys around, sometimes he was a great help putting them back where they belonged but sometimes he'd send them back out again because he didnt' really care where they went as long as he was moving them. After they'd get shut in then he'd head back in with the layers and go for the meat chickens and move them back into their part. Once that was done it was the rooster's turn to move. :rolleyes:

Storm's a workaholic or would that be herdaholic :rolleyes: :p :laughing:

The last pic looks like Flurry's takin notes from Prof Storm in Poultry Herding 101 :D

Love4himies
November 18th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Storm's a workaholic or would that be herdaholic :rolleyes: :p :laughing:

The last pic looks like Flurry's takin notes from Prof Storm in Poultry Herding 101 :D

:laugh: funny growler

Gail P
November 18th, 2008, 12:29 PM
You just lie down over there Flurry. Watch and learn from the master :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5499.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
November 19th, 2008, 02:39 AM
:laugh: funny growler

Thank you :D thought that was quite clever myself :p :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 19th, 2008, 02:39 AM
You just lie down over there Flurry. Watch and learn from the master :D

Hehe little desk in the classroom :laughing:

:crazy: = me :D