Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Noah, Snoah, come play with us!

Gail P
November 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I do not deign to play with you. I am dignified, can't you see by my regal profile?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5487.jpg

I will however submit to being photographed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5489.jpg

I'll even pose for a side view so you can see me in all my furry glory
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5490.jpg

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I loved the captions even before the pictures downloaded. :thumbs up So funny how he's totally ignoring the pesty dogs behind him! :laughing:

He sure is a handsome boy. :flirt:

So I've been meaning to ask you....with all this weather (Flurry, Lightning, Rain, etc) around and a dog named Noah, are you hiding an ark in the barn? :eek: :p

Gail P
November 17th, 2008, 11:16 PM
:laughing: No, just a couple of dogsleds! The name theme kind of happened by accident. Noah was Noah when I got him as a pup and I just never changed it. The other names were not meant to "fit" with his, however if you look at it from a weather standpoint his fits with theirs. Lightning was just Lightning, and since for some reason lots of people think of it as meaning speedy rather than a lightning bolt it suits him very well. Next came Thunder and Flash. I wanted to use them for sledding with Lightning, so I thought it would be kind of cute to have a bit of a theme going, plus Flash is rather flashy looking with all his spots. As names went through my mind I did want to use fast sounding names but still keep with the theme so I though of things like Tornado, Hurricane etc. but ended up using Storm for the next and when we also got his sister I wanted something that would fit but somehow suit her too. Didn't want her to sound too masculine, being our only girl so Rain she became. But then, this was starting to sound like a lot of very "wet" weather and we're a dogsled team so I wanted to begin a more winter-y trend and next came Flurry. Also suits him well since he's a "flurry" of activity. As my team grows I'm not sure what names I'll use in the future. Sleet has been suggested to me, I think I'd still like Tornado. I also like the name Winter but I'm hesitant to use that one. My neighbour across the road has a Spring, Breeze and Summer so I'm kind of leaving that one in case she decides she wants a Winter. It would be confusing (and possibly dangerous) if we both had dogs with the same name and were calling them from opposite sides of the road. There's always Ice, Snow, maybe Squall, who knows? Maybe one day I'll have to start a whole new trend and maybe then I'll go to bird names or trees or something. Willow, Ash, Birch, Oak, Pine, Spruce, Beech....or Swallow, Lark, Sparrow, Chickadee (Dee), Raven, Hawk, Eagle, Kestrel, Goose (would be good for a real goofball dog)...Better quit, I'll be talking myself into another dog in no time just so I can use of of the names I've thought of ;)

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2008, 11:36 PM
How about Cyclone? Or Typhoon! :D I never thougth about it, but there are definitely a lot of weather names.

I like the tree theme, too. We know a fair number of Alders, Birches, Willows, and Aspens. But I'd like a dog named Goose, too! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 18th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I do not deign to play with you. I am dignified, can't you see by my regal profile?

I will however submit to being photographed.

I'll even pose for a side view so you can see me in all my furry glory

:laughing: great captions :thumbs up :laughing: :highfive:

I love your dogs theme names they work very well :thumbs up

Oh and Kashtin's Kin (another member) has a cat named Goose :D

Gail P
November 18th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Goose, now wouldn't that be cute seeing as how I'm branching out into doing goose control with the border collies. "Go get the geese, Goose" :crazy:

growler~GateKeeper
November 19th, 2008, 02:43 AM
:laughing: Aslong as none of the dogs were herding a single goose at any one time or they'd be herding the dog :D