Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Run, Lightning, Run! You're being followed!

Gail P
November 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Skittles is not really about to run over Lightning, but it kind of looks like it here :laughing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5442.jpg

Don't worry Lightning, we'll save you. Shoo Skittles!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5445.jpg

Okay, Okay, can we forget all this picture taking and get some breakfast please?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5466.jpg

Gail P
November 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Breakfast? Did somebody say breakfast?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5468.jpg

Jim Hall
November 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
the wheres breakfast one made me lol i remeber that look from the ranch long ago we used to feed em hot mash in the winter 25 gallon pot

went faster than a ny minute

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2008, 10:17 PM
:laughing: Great captions!!

Skittles looks totally unconcerned by all the canine activity. :D

Gail P
November 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah the horses and dogs are all pretty well used to each other. Here's another shot of the horses just hanging around waiting to get fed while the dogs race around
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/DSCF5450.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
November 18th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Horses & Dogs in the Snow :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Great shots first one is so funny it really looks like Skittles is after Lightning & the rest of the dogs comin to the rescue, until Breakfast is mentioned of course :laughing:

Love the Paint :cloud9: :lovestruck: awesome markings :lovestruck:

Gail P
November 18th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Horses & Dogs in the Snow :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Great shots first one is so funny it really looks like Skittles is after Lightning & the rest of the dogs comin to the rescue, until Breakfast is mentioned of course :laughing:

Love the Paint :cloud9: :lovestruck: awesome markings :lovestruck:

That's Aries and he isn't mine. I board him and Ben (the sorrel QH/haflinger) for a family. Mine are Tanner (the bigger bay, 7/8 arab), Skittles (smaller bay, arab/POA) and Jazzy (chestnut arab). It's Tanner and Ben who are coming looking for breakfast.

BenMax
November 18th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Oh GailP - you have no idea how jealous I am of your homestead. Beautiful family!

Gail P
November 18th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Oh GailP - you have no idea how jealous I am of your homestead. Beautiful family!

Thank you! In actuality the "homestead" leaves much to be desired (there's not much there to be jealous of everything's old and run down and we don't even have a barn, just run-in sheds and the chicken coop), but I wouldn't trade the lifestyle for anything! And the dogs and horses don't care if it's not fancy as long as they gets lots to eat :dog: I think the horses quite enjoy their existence as "wild bush horses", they don't even use the run-in sheds at all in the winter, only for shade in the summer and to get away from the bugs. In the winter they come out of the bush with pieces of evergreens in their manes and little icicles hanging under their bellies that jingle when they walk. :D

Oops, that was supposed to be "lots" to eat, not get "lost" to eat. I don't have quite that much property for them to roam.

BenMax
November 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
GAilP -the animals seem happy enough as it is. I know animals that live in luxury and get no attention or are dumped eventually....Listen in the spring if you ever need a hand with getting things back in order - let me know. I have friends in Ontario that may just want to pitch in as well.....I'll bring the wine...

AmericanBullMom
November 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Gail I used to be the Uppity horse mom... "If its below 40 degrees Expression MUST be in the barn, WITH his blankey, and Warmed water"

Noooowwww my boy lives on 40+ acres of hay fields and has no barn, and drinks water out of the trough with the cows! And he really has NEVER been happier. With no warmy blankey either! :thumbs up I WISH I had your place too!

Gail P
November 18th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Listen in the spring if you ever need a hand with getting things back in order - let me know. I have friends in Ontario that may just want to pitch in as well.....I'll bring the wine...

I appreciate that but I alway feel a little funny about asking other people to help when I have a perfectly useful husband who could help me do stuff (if I could ever get him to make the time - he works full time, part time plus is a volunteer firefighter) A little bit like when my dad was a mechanic yet my mom's car always needed something fixed. :rolleyes:

Noooowwww my boy lives on 40+ acres of hay fields and has no barn, and drinks water out of the trough with the cows! And he really has NEVER been happier. With no warmy blankey either! :thumbs up I WISH I had your place too!

My old mare, my first horse was so much healthier living out 24/7. The difference was really noticeable in her old age.

I will blanket if it gets really super cold or in those driving cold fall rains that we occasionally get but my guys all get really good winter coats so they almost never need the blankets. Skittles is like a little plush pony she's already got so much winter coat on her. They do get heated water (if you can call having a de-icer in the trough heated). Since discovering that and frost free hydrants life has become so much easier in the winter! No more chopping ice or hauling buckets (except a bit for the poultry), it's great.

ancientgirl
November 18th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Those are great pictures of the dogs and horses.