Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Missouri

mprue2
November 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
We have quite alot of aniamls. we have 95 chickens, 3 ducks, 3 dogs, 2 parrots, 1 hermit crab, 1 pot bellied pig, 1 rescued horse, and 3 Dairy Goats. keeps us very busy also a child in school. I do have a question I don't know if I can ask it in this thread or not. But our Catahaula male dog is all broke out and itches all over till he bleeds. I give him benadryl and it helpd till wears off. I was just wondering what could be the cause of it? Thank you

BenMax
November 17th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the board. I must say you have a great family!

Personally I have no input on this but there are some members here that are very informative and have alot to share with you.

Love4himies
November 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Welcome, wow you have a lot of pets :thumbs up.

You may want to ask your question in the Pet Health section of this forum, you may get more replies.

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I hope you know how to post pictures, because with such a large menagerie, we're gonna be bugging you for pics! :D

As for your dog--Benadryl helps with the itching? Does it also reduce the redness? It's likely an allergic reaction to something. Does it seem to be seasonal or all-year-round itching?

Have you had him checked over by a vet? You might need something stronger than Benadryl to get the reaction under control.

Meanwhile, what are you feeding him? Many dogs have allergies to corn or grains in their food--in that case, switching him to a higher quality food with less fillers might do him a world of good.

And I agree with L4H--if you post your question in the health forum, likely more members will see it there! :thumbs up

Good luck with your dog and welcome to the board! and don't forget the pictures! :o

Tundra_Queen
November 18th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum! *waving*

You have a lot of different pets. You wouldn't happen to have any pics of them would ya? BWG

Debbie