Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pictures

heavenlyminded
July 23rd, 2004, 11:33 PM
This is my cat China and my little molly sunbathing.
This is my 1 year old baby paint horse named Savannah Rain
Wendy

glasslass
July 23rd, 2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah! You did it! Nice critters!

Now I'm curious - are you in Savannah GA?

heavenlyminded
July 24th, 2004, 12:01 AM
just outside of Savannah, Bloomingdale. Were are you? Or did you just go by the name of the horse?
Wendy :cool:

glasslass
July 24th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Just guessing by the name of the horse!

I lived in Savannah almost 6 mos in 1969 when my hubby was in the army stationed at Hunter Army Air Field. Lived on Dean Forest Road about mid-way between Savannah and Hunter. Whenever it rained, we'd sit and watch cars slide off the road at "Dead Man's Curve". Saw 3 in one afternoon! No injuries, but everyone went too fast for the wet road. When it rains in Savannah, it pours!

heavenlyminded
July 24th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Im on Dean Forest aleast once a week. Happy to say Dead mans curve was rounded out and no more wrecks.
But when it rains the drainage in Savannah still stinks. :p
Wendy

glasslass
July 24th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Interesting! I remember it was beautiful there but there was the smell of rotting vegetation. Couldn't get used to the bugs! Once it rained so hard that when I saw my hubby come home, I threw the front door open so he could come running in. When he got inside, we were both surprised. :eek: He wasn't my hubby, and it wasn't his home! :p Never saw rain come down that hard!

heavenlyminded
July 24th, 2004, 01:12 AM
To funny :D That smell was the paper mill. Thats our bread and butter! :D

glasslass
July 24th, 2004, 01:26 AM
I didn't realize it came from the paper mill! It was so green and humid there, I just assumed it was silage. :p

glasslass
July 24th, 2004, 01:29 AM
I remember the mosquitoes! With your horses, do you have West Nile Virus there? They just announced on the news this evening that an infected mosquito was just found for the first time in Turlock, 16 miles away. I'm in Central Calif.

heavenlyminded
July 24th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Yes West Nile is a big threat here. The horses get there shots 1 time a year. We leave it up to the barn Vet wether it is needed more. Last summer in the surrounding area I think 2 horses died.
Wendy :(

glasslass
July 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Are dogs and cats at risk?

heavenlyminded
July 24th, 2004, 02:09 PM
I havent heard of a case with dogs or cats around here. But people can get sick so I image dogs and cats can to.
Wendy

Luba
July 24th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks for sharing those, they're lovely :D

'jealous,, you have a horse'

daisy18216
July 24th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Great Pics!!!! :)

I would love to ride a horse (never did, but something I would like to try). I'll probably fall off. Then I'll be :o

We're going to take our children to see the Clydale horses sometime this week. (don't know if I spelled it right, they're the Budwiser horses)

Hubby's friend has alot of them, and he said we could bring our kids to see them. So we're looking forward to it. I'll have to take pics.