-->

couch surfing for our cat

Gnarlysurf
November 16th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hello...

I'm rather new to this forum.

We have adopted a 4 month old kitten.
He's adorable.

My wife and I plan to go to to NY to visit my family around Dec 20 - Jan 3.
We are looking for someone who is caring, gentil and responsable to look after our little guy.

Any one out there interested? Or at least can offer a solution??

Thx!
Gnarlysurf

Love4himies
November 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Can you not take this guy with you?

Gnarlysurf
November 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Can you not take this guy with you?

Unfortunately my parents have 2 large dogs and taking the cat 7hrs via train would not do any justice. He panics with a 20 min subway ride.

We dont want to go the kennel route.

sugarcatmom
November 16th, 2008, 06:11 PM
You could check out this site for a professional pet sitter: http://www.petsit.com/

Love4himies
November 16th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately my parents have 2 large dogs and taking the cat 7hrs via train would not do any justice. He panics with a 20 min subway ride.

We dont want to go the kennel route.

No that wouldn't be good for the kitty.

bubbles007
November 17th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Hello...

I'm rather new to this forum.

We have adopted a 4 month old kitten.
He's adorable.

My wife and I plan to go to to NY to visit my family around Dec 20 - Jan 3.
We are looking for someone who is caring, gentil and responsable to look after our little guy.

Any one out there interested? Or at least can offer a solution??

Thx!
Gnarlysurf

I dunno, do what everyone else does?...ask a neigbour to come over a few times per week to feed and look after it?

chico2
November 17th, 2008, 07:55 AM
"Everyone"don't do that,I would never leave my 3 cats with somebody coming over a few times a week.I am lucky enough to have my son move in while we are gone,or I would go nowhere.
A bonded cat-sitting service is a good idea..

duttypaws
November 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I used a certified cat sitter when I went to NY for 4 days. I was a lot happier knowing someone was going into see my cats when I had asked her too, yes it cost a little more but I was able to phone/email to ask how they were. She also had a daily diary telling me what they ate etc....

And she came before I left to meet them

also my cats were happy when i got home so I know they were ok as they are rather nervous.