Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog found-ballantrae-

finz
November 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
A beautiful large white unnurtured male appeard at our door step Saturday night during the snow storm. Very well trained.

Dog Dancer
November 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
He is gorgeous and very lucky that you took him in. Bless you for helping him out in his time of need. Hopefully his owners will find you soon. Do not give him to just anybody, make them describe something unique and possibly show you a picture, you never know now a days who will try to claim a dog, especially an unaltered dog.

Chris21711
November 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
For information purposes: Ballantrae is in Ontario, in the Aurora area about 30 kms north of Toronto.

To the OP please check lost and found sites and post on those sites. If you are able have the dog checked for a microchip at the Vets tomorrow would be good. Also if you can put posters in your area could be beneficial.

finz
November 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Yes there is something unique about him that the owner will know.
There is noway we would have left him out alone all night. Our cats are not impressed but they'll get over it.
Ive been searching the lost and found websites with no luck. we will be taking him tomorrow to the vet to see if he has microchip. Im pretty sure he will as he is very well cared for.

We love pets
November 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
He is so beautiful!!! Thank heaven he went knocking to a good persons home.
You are an :angel2: for taking him in.
Good luck in finding his owners.

babymomma
November 16th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Awww what a beautiful husky! I can almost guarantee somebody is out looking for him! :fingerscr I hope his owners are found!

finz
November 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
here is a better picture of him. You think he is a husky? we were thinking maybe white german sheperd??

diandpat
November 16th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I don't know what he could be but he sure did pick a nice spot to hang out!:laughing:

Unaltered males can roam a LONG way if they pick up a scent...hope that his family is looking for him too.

He is gorgeous. Thanks for taking him in. That weather was pretty nasty on Saturday night.

Dracko
November 16th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I'm seeing white shepherd, too.

Very beautiful dog.

Frenchy
November 16th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Wow what a beautiful dog ! Thank you so much for taking him in ! :thumbs up

Rainy
November 16th, 2008, 02:25 PM
He looks identicle to my in-laws dog and the breed is husky lab mix.Good for you for rescuing this cutie!

Rottielover
November 16th, 2008, 02:30 PM
He looks exactly like a friend of mine dog, purebred white shepherd.
he is gorgeous, good luck finding the owner

14+kitties
November 16th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Beautiful dog, no matter the breed!
Ummm, if the owner isn't found are you going to surrender it to a HS or are you keeping him? :rolleyes:

Love4himies
November 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks for taking good care of this dog. He is beautiful :cloud9:

finz
November 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
we would love to keep him... however we have cats...my cousin said she would take him if no one comes to claim him. we'll find out tomorrow if he has a chip . hopefully he does...we put up a couple of posters too.. :fingerscr

babymomma
November 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I was thinking white shepherd too but i see more huskey in him, also, he seems small to be a shepherd, especially for a male, he seems more of the size of a husky.

chico2
November 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
My neighbor has a white Husky,with blue eyes,this pup looks a bit like her..here she is,beautiful Fate,for comparison.

Love4himies
November 16th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Fate does look a lot like this dog.

Chris21711
November 16th, 2008, 06:33 PM
here is a better picture of him. You think he is a husky? we were thinking maybe white german sheperd??

There is a breeder of White German Shepherds with a Rural Route address in Newmarket, since Ballantrae is just down the road maybe one of theirs got loose, or it is one of their dogs that they have sold.

Here is their link, It wouldn't hurt to give them a call, you never know.
http://www.furrarikennels.com/

Lau
November 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I live very close to your area - about 30 minutes. I will keep my eyes and ears open.

finz
November 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Well we've come to find out that there is an investigation of neglect going on with this dog. We have handed him over to the SPCA, he was quite happy to see the ladies there again.(they had him about a week ago apparently not the first time) Lets hope the owner does not receive him back. Thank u for all the tips and comments its nice to know people care.

BenMax
November 17th, 2008, 03:16 PM
If they release this dog to a rescue I know of one that would take in a heartbeat.

finz
November 17th, 2008, 03:53 PM
yes finding a home for him is not going to be a problem at all. the lady at spca actually had him for about 6 days until the owner appeared. so she wants him, we'll take him or my cousin who has lot of land will take him. everyone wants him! he is an amazing dog and i hope the owner doesnt get him.

We love pets
November 17th, 2008, 03:57 PM
How come he is there at the SPCA. Why not just give it to your cousin?
Do you have to wait to see if the owner will claim him??
I hope he finds a good home, he looks so happy and relaxed on your sofa! He is so beautiful!

babymomma
November 17th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Im so glad you found where he came form! I really hope his owners dont claim him!!

Just out of curiostiy, did you find out his breed?

finz
November 17th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Well, while calling around to see if anyone was looking for him the spca knew who he was from the description. they know the owner due to the on going investigation so we had to give him back. :shrug:

He is a white sheppard.

we miss him already

chico2
November 18th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Finz,I hope he will be ok,I never understand how a neglectful owner so often get their animals back.

Love4himies
November 18th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Oh no, maybe if you find him loose again you can call your cousin. The more the dog is loose, the greater chance of harm coming to that poor dog.