Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is there a cat magazine in Canada?

Tundra_Queen
November 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Hi

I was wondering if there is a Canadian Cat Magazine? I was looking at Cat Fancy but because I'm Canadian I have to add another 18 dollars to the price per year. I don't even know if the magazine is worth it.

So I was wondering if anyone gets Cat Fancy and if it is worth it? Or if there is a Canadian published Cat magazine?

Thanks
Debbie

sugarcatmom
November 16th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Not a fan of Cat Fancy, although I do still very occasionally buy an issue here and there if it has a topic I'm interested in. It tends to be way too much in the back pockets of big pet food.

I don't know of any Canadian cat magazines, but there is a good one for both cats and dogs called Animal Wellness (http://www.animalwellnessmagazine.com/index.php) that takes a more holistic approach to pet care. It's published out of Ontario and frequently features Canadian products, although it's not geared specifically to Canadians. They only make 6 issues a year and you can subscribe to the digital format for cheaper.

Tundra_Queen
November 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks SCM, I will check it out.

Debbie :)

NoahGrey
November 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I get Cat Fancy. It is ok. I only really enjoyed one issue and that was a special issue dedication to animal rescue. It was the June/08 issue.

I wish they would do more on animal-welfare/rescue. I think they should work with shelters more and making the plight of pet-overpopulation to more readers. I don't really like how they have pages and pages of "breeders".

ACO22

Tundra_Queen
November 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks ACO22. I have asked the magazine person at Walmart if she could get Cat Fancy and I will be able to skim thru the magazine before I buy it. So that will be good.

Debbie

Elephant Cat
January 16th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Yes, there's a Canadian cat magazine! I just started editing one a few months ago. We've published only two editions so far and we're currently working on the third.

Our website is www.forloveofcats.ca

We're always looking for great stories, photographs and articles. All the info is on our website.

And now I'm going to figure out how to get my avatar on this site!
Jacque

sugarcatmom
January 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
That reminds me, I recently learned that the publishers of Animal Wellness magazine are now also publishing a cat version: Feline Wellness (http://felinewellness.com/). Haven't seen it anywhere yet and it's only published 4 times a year, but I really like their holistic message.

catlover2
January 18th, 2009, 12:37 AM
It's been quite a long time since I was involved in the cat fancy, but Canadian Cat Association (the registering body for purebred pedigree cats in Canada) used to publish a magazine. :cat:

Canadian Cat Association
289 Rutherford Road, S #18
Brampton, ON
L6W 3R9

Inquiries: email: office@cca-afc.com

Tundra_Queen
January 18th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks everyone, that is all good to know. :)

Debbie